• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do you think the vaccine will be available for this wu bat flu/virus?

1 month

• 2 months

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 3 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 months

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 5 months

• 6 months

• 7 months

• 8 months

• 9 months

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • 10 months

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 11 months

• 12 months

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • year +

Votes: 32 57.1%

• Total voters
So this chinese product has really taken over the world. It's a fact that most viruses originate from China. Sars and that shit. If it were up to me, I'd nuke the bastards so that this never happens again. But alright.
So, there are vaccines being developed. This is good news. When do you think we'll have them? Globally?
Predict!

cryptoadam

Banned
Most likely a year or more, probably more.

Not only does it have to be found, it has to be tested and then produced. Thats a long process even with knocking down regulations.

We may get lucky and find some therapeutics within the next 3-6 months.

Just be wary of anyone with cures. Lots or people out there want to make a name for themselves or make quick buck. There are tons of pharma's out there that have spent millions chasing failing drugs that could use a big boost on the stock market by saying their drugs which failed in other places work on Corona.

Sakura

Sometime next year, assuming it works and the virus doesn't change.
It takes time to go through the trials, etc, and even once it is all approved and proven to work, it actually takes time to manufacture hundreds of millions of vaccines.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
But then we're all fucked :(

We're not all fucked, but we're in for a couple of really difficult years.
Quarantines hopefully bring us to a more manageable level.
Antibody tests hopefully come out soon and allow us to get the economy opening up slowly.
Social distancing hopefully keeps things from getting out of control again.
We hopefully get some good treatments before temperatures start dropping again, which will lower fatalities.

That is our path to success, and success in this situation is hundreds of thousands dead, and a worldwide economic depression. But it's one we can recover from, one that doesn't lead to millions dead and economic and societal collapse.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Sometime next year, assuming it works and the virus doesn't change.
It takes time to go through the trials, etc, and even once it is all approved and proven to work, it actually takes time to manufacture hundreds of millions of vaccines.
I read that the virus mutates slowly which is good as it makes coming up with a vaccine more realistic.

I thought the Israelis are working on one now as we speak.

They are working on one everywhere literally.
Problem is, it won't be ready until next year.

Until then we can only hope to get this manageable with quick tests and antiviral treatments.
If not, we are all fucked. Losing our jobs, older relatives, etc.

Thanks China. And our shit european goverment for letting those sick people into our countries.

Last edited:

Sakura

I read that the virus mutates slowly which is good as it makes coming up with a vaccine more realistic.

I thought the Israelis are working on one now as we speak.
I think it is hard to say anything definitive on mutation. We've only had the virus for study for a couple months. Who knows where we will be at a year from now with millions of people infected.

There are lots of people working on vaccines. The problem is you need to actually put them through trials to make sure they are safe and work. They do animal trials, small scale people trials, large scale people trials, etc. It is not like the trials are just a week. Then they have to go through regulatory processes, but this will vary by country and it is always possible to get fast tracked. After that the virus needs to be manufactured.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I'd say early next year, but the main issue is going to be manufacturing millions of vaccines for the entire world (or at least for the wealthier world ;)) and picking who's going to get them first.

Do you believe in the Easter Bunny, or do you want the truth?

giphy.gif

Numbers will continue to rise but it's inevitable that we have to go back to work soon, no matter what.
I think most people will realize that this virus isn't really that deadly as the media is portraying it to be.
We all will have to get it and live through it.
Economy will start to recover and the flowers will grow again.
Hopefully.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
They say it's gonna take about a year and a halffor a vaccine

From the options I can tell that you're very optimistic. It's being said that we're only go back to "normal" around September. So, we still have a long way to go. And I don't think the vaccine is gonna be what saves us this time.

It might keep people save afterwards, but we all are gonna have to fight this virus in one way or another. We'll either get it and our imune system will go to war with it. Or we're gonna have to be incredibly carefula about everything. Washing your hands, using masks, gloves. Also being careful about what you touch. Being a certain distance away from other people.

We're going to battle with this thing either way.

Top Bottom