• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When X019 event was far better than your "Xbox showcase"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I mean what is MS doing? Build up the momentum with Hellblade 2 (still only good trailer next-gen), then 12 T E R A F L O P S....and well than fucking nothing?

That conference, what the fuck was that? Aside from STALKER 2 official announcement that it's back from the dead, we get very little. This is not how you launch console. At very least, show us gameplay of 3rd Party. Like of the games which actually looks good.

You could argue Covid-19, and fair enough, but they got like 3 months extra, so their show can extra suck. I mean. Whatever.

God...oh wait, I am filthy infidel, always have been...Well thank fuck for BC, GamePass and games which runs badly on current HW. I am still buying XSX, because PS offering does not interst me honestly. Tsuhima is good, but honestly I buy PS5 down the line.

So that's why I am bitching, because that showcase was really dreadful.

Discuss and give me some attention. Thanks.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
WCMN0Ku.gif

jakinov

I thought showcase was okay. People shouldn't expect anything crazy after most of their studios have recently released games and the ones they acquired and grew were from ~2 years ago or less. It takes a lot of time (closer to 4-5 years) to make games nowdays. They aren't going to give details or show off gameplay that's tentative and really unpolished. They could invest time and money into a vertical slice demo that later people can complain is downgraded because the actual game is nothing like the special demo that's only focused on looking pretty. OR they can just tell you that somethings coming and then you can see it later when it is ready.

LordCBH

I still have 0 idea what everwild is snd I largely assume it’ll be mediocre like everything else rare has made since they got bought by Microsoft.

Halo Infinite looked disappointing to me.

Fable is exciting but why was it just a 30 second cgi trailer? Haven’t they been working on that for a few years now?

Obsidians new RPG should be good, but again, just a cgi trailer. It at least has more of an excuse than Fable did for why it was a cgi short trailer.

Shitty Netflix dramas in Tell Me Why and that other game by the London Studio. (Though Sony has this issue too with theres and their godawful volcano high reveal)

But overall nothing looked quite that good. Their past years reveals were significantly better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom