• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is my SMTV!!?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
tenor.gif

We got two cinematic trailer with no gameplay and Altus give no hint of next update to show off this game and yet still has 2021 release date. What the hell is going on with this game’s development?

tenor.gif

We got two cinematic trailer with no gameplay and Altus give no hint of next update to show off this game and yet still has 2021 release date. What the hell is going on with this game’s development?
Hopefully it's a tales of arise situation and still releasing this year. There was a long quiet period with no news about the game.

Maybe it will be shown during Nintendo e3.

Danjin44

Hopefully it's a tales of arise situation and still releasing this year. There was a long quiet period with no news about the game.

Maybe it will be shown during Nintendo e3.
I hope so, I’m loving my Switch and zero regret buying it but the big reason why I decided to buy Switch in the first place was when SMTV got announced.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

It really bothers me that most (western) people seem to call it "Shimmy-gammy Ten-say" when they say it because they don't want to sound it out properly.

Shouldn't it be "Shin-mih*-gah-mi Ten-say", or is that the above how you actually say it?

* as in the "mi" in "mickey"

Last edited:

Miles708

It really bothers me that most (western) people seem to call it "Shimmy-gammy Ten-say" when they say it because they don't want to sound it out properly.

Shouldn't it be "Shin-mih*-gah-mi Ten-say", or is that the above how you actually say it?

* as in the "mi" in "mickey"

It's Shin - Me (as in May) - Ga (as in Gather) - Mi (as in Me) Ten-Say

I guess that's mostly a problem with english-speaking audience. Pronunciation in English is a crapshoot, so it's understandable.

Danjin44

Persona get spin offs. You cant make spin off of a spin off.

Currently Persona is the main series and SMT along with Strikers and Dancing in Starlight are its spin offs.
I don't think I agree with that, Dissidia is spin off of FF but Dissidia got its own spin off called "Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia".

The fact is SMT is main series even its not as popular as Persona.

Last edited:

Fbh

At least they said it will have a simultaneous worldwide release.
Which is already a big step up for Atlus and their "it takes us 7 fucking months to release an HD port of a Ps2 game from 2003 in English"

cireza

Going from the 3DS to Unreal Engine must be hard.

And it won't even make the game better. Really not worth the effort.

All these big games (Metroid, Bayonetta, SMT) were announced with the Switch to bring gamers to buy the console, and are now hold hostages to have these same gamers buy the next console. Just look at how they are going to run like shit on current Switch, so that you feel the need to buy the new revision :)
It will be the same with BotW2 by the way.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Going from the 3DS to Unreal Engine must be hard.

And it won't even make the game better. Really not worth the effort.
I honestly agree with you, I don't know why this game needs be run on UE engine, most of the game with that engine have a hard time running on Switch.

cireza

I honestly agree with you, I don't know why this game needs be run on UE engine, most of the game with that engine have a hard time running on Switch.
SMT III Nocturne certainly did not need to run on Unity (if I am not mistaken), but look, this is pure magic. Because of Unity, you can have in 2020 PS2 games that run like shit on modern hardware. Well they eventually addressed framerate issues (to some point) but upon release in Japan, the game was an insult. And it is a PS2 HD remaster.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I thought Persona 5 having HD assets for the demons would speed things along. Guess I don't know jack shit about videogame development.

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

Banned
ok, never abbreviate this game as SMTV ever again...
SMT5 is ok, but SMTV literally sounds like a TV network

"a new episode this friday, at 8, only on SMTV"

Last edited:

Danjin44

Know nothing about it. Rpg?
You heard of Persona before right? SMT is basically are main games. They share press turn combat system but SMT are heavy on dungeon crawling and tougher fights and story much more darker compare to Persona.

You heard of Persona before right? SMT is basically are main games. They share press turn combat system but SMT are heavy on dungeon crawling and tougher fights and story much more darker compare to Persona.
I heard of Persona but have no idea what it is. I've seen it on shelves, Persona 8 dancers at midnight?

Some kind of DDR rhythm game right? Not my cup of coffee.

Blond

Banned
Nintendo had to hype the Switch up with those SMTV and Metroid 4 trailers back in the day. They knew they had nothing lol, pretty sneaky
I sold my switch for this exact reason. I managed to get one launch day when I was visiting Japan (somehow LOL) and then late last year I realized that everything I bought it for was pretty much teased and never heard from again or in some stage of development hell. Then I found it under the recliner chair covered in dust and realized that someone deserves to play this thing that isn’t me, the only reason I was holding onto it was because of the memories of Japan and that just seemed weird.

I sold my switch for this exact reason. I managed to get one launch day when I was visiting Japan (somehow LOL) and then late last year I realized that everything I bought it for was pretty much teased and never heard from again or in some stage of development hell. Then I found it under the recliner chair covered in dust and realized that someone deserves to play this thing that isn’t me, the only reason I was holding onto it was because of the memories of Japan and that just seemed weird.

Wrong move. Where will you get Japanese games fix?

PlayStation is a Western company now.

Danjin44

My big reason getting Switch was because of SMT5 but with that being said I had tones of games on Switch to hold my interest and in honestly I’m playing more on my Switch than PS5 currently, especially after MHRise got released.

cireza

Last SMT games was on 3DS, a handheld with a 400x240 screen.

For the next entry, they opted for Unreal Engine on Switch. Devs must be wanting to die.

Top Bottom