• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

where the hell is my port sega?!

never got to play this game so unless its sucks donkey **** where the hell is my xbox/gc/ps2 port?!?! Look at those screens. Planet Harriers.. sequel to the best arcade classic you never played. developmental hell?

planetharriers-01.jpg

planetharriers-02.jpg

planetharriers-03.jpg

planetharriers-04.jpg

Those are old direct feed shots from the original arcade game. There isn't a market for obscure Sega arcade games, for various reasons. If there was a way for Sega to make money off of them, we'd see more ports. As for this game itself, never seen it since arcades practically don't exist here anymore. The couple that did said the game was on the slow side, and that made it bad. Remains to be seen if that's truly the case.

obscure? Space Harrier was one of the most profolic SEGA arcade games from the errr. 80's. I believe that the release of the SEGA ages (or what have you) compilation means that there will be a market for the release

As for gameplay. I've read.. Here that it is pretty good.

When I finally saw the game with my own eyes, not since the first time I gazed at the glorious Virtual On Oratorio Tangram in the arcades have I seen such stunning visuals, blistering frame rate, and intense action. And after spending several hours before IGN PlayStation editors Dave and Dave had to drag me out screaming and kicking, I must tell all you readers to start saving up some quarters. Because when Planet Harriers machines start arriving next month in arcades, you MUST play this game.

Most gamers have never even heard of that game, despite it being a sequel to Space Harriers. The Sega Ages compliations depend on the Sega brand to sell, and that brand has been in the dumps lately. That has to be built back up first. Trust me, I wish things weren't this way, but they are.

That said, I think Sega only needs a couple blockbusters and they'll get back to porting everything they have.

Top Bottom