• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's the Kena marketing? Its out in 2 days.

From a tweet posted earlier today

I'm playing #KenaBridgeofSpirits! Here are my first impressions:

- Best indie ever produced in history (at least for me);
- Stunning visuals;
- BRUTAL use of the SSD;
- Fabulous soundtrack;
- Super fluid combat and gameplay;
- Pixar movie level title

H y p e. Cant get this game yet cause Im playing Hades and Deathloop but a couple buds are so I cant wait to hear their impeessions.

Will prolly get this and Death Stranding. Playstation got games rollin in now, I fucking love Fall

Last edited:

thatJohann

- Stunning visuals;
- BRUTAL use of the SSD;
- Fabulous soundtrack;

Oooof! Hype hype hype! just hope it runs at a stable 60fps.

dottme

Is there any formal review I missed or just tweets?

édit: ok, i missed a message saying review will come later.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Interested to see what they have done cause its cross gen afaik and doesn't seem to have mandated a ssd on pc. I wonder if they have massively upped the lods or anything.

Doesn't that mean they don't use the SSD at all! And that it's done in a really bad way?

Banjo64

cumsessed

- Stunning visuals;
- BRUTAL use of the SSD;
- Fabulous soundtrack;

Best indie ever produced in history? So better than Rocket League, Hollow Knight, Ori, Shovel Knight, Hades, Streets of Rage 4, Cuphead etc? High praise indeed.

The game looks good to me. Most of us here are informed enough to not need any marketing to know if we want a game or not. We will also be the ones to say up or down for those who need that extra bit to be sold on a game such as Kena, so it is not a big surprise to me.

Dr Bass

Anyone know if you will be able to copy the soundtrack from the PS5 to your computer if you get the digital deluxe edition? I don't think the recent games I've bought with that featured have allowed that. Doesn't make sense to me though, who is going to sit there and listen to a soundtrack on their PS5 ...

I honestly thought it would be bad...Visually pleasing, but clunky and boring. I only assumed so because it was the brothers first foray into the medium...It sounds as if I might end up eating some crows? Interested in knowing more, at least...

PJX

All three of those have third party publishers, which was the original point. Publishing a physical copy requires a large amount of up-front capital which isn't available to most indies.

Anyway Kena is now getting a physical version published by Maximum Games.
Your original post said no one was lining up to give an unproven studio money to make physical copies. I listed three unproven studios that "people" spent whatever to print physical copies for their games.

DapperSloth

where was this Deathloop advertising, I never saw any

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I wouldn't trust random game reviewers to even understand SSD usage in any random game anyways lol

The entire game with decompression would only fill up PS5's memory a few times over.. the SSD is likely a non-factor in this game from a design perspective.. but you'd expect the load times to be near non existent. Which is awesome.. but calling it "use of the SSD" is a bit much.. it's a small game being loaded on a really fast SSD..

Last edited:

jakinov

- Games is self-published so small budget for marketing
- Sony can post stuff on their blog and show them off at events but they don't create material for other companies. This game released their launch trailer very close to release when people can buy the game like most games do. So making a special traler for the September event for PlayStation is a waste of money.

bender

What time is it?
In Spanish, Brazilian and other languages brutal is used in the context of a good thing. Like a synonym for fierce or savage or incredible or amazing or awesome etc so this is a good thing.

Thank you. That certainly lost me in translation.

Top Bottom