• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which 2023 game gets the most sales?

Best sales?

• TOTK

Votes: 40 51.3%
  • Balders Gate 3

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Spidermans 2

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Hogwarts Legacy

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Starfield

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
What a year my friends

FunkMiller

125 million Switches.

Very high attach rate for Nintendo games.

It's Zelda. Probably by some distance.

Last edited:

Woopah

I'm sure we've had this thread before, but I think Hogwarts just pips it, especially once the Switch port comes out.

Edit: Oh wait its lifetime? In that case I'll say TOTK, then Spiderman 2, then Hogwarts.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Lifetime sales I’d go for Zelda. It has to be at >20M by this point already.

We’ll probably see it on “Switch 2” as well and assuming that’s even half as successful as Switch it’ll probably do gangbuster again on there.

Last edited:

anthraticus

Banned
Who gives a fuck.

People in this site care more about SALES and what 'everyone else is playing'....more than just following their own hearts.

Pathetic bunch of followers/sheep !

Zelda, easily.

Spidermang might sell very well again if Sony mass bundles like the first one.

BG3 will do very well.

Starfield is on GamePass.

Robb

Gold Member
Who gives a fuck.

People in this site care more about SALES and what 'everyone else is playing'....more than just following their own hearts.

RAf9V4e.jpg

mrmustard

Banned
Who gives a fuck.

I think predicitons are a fun thing for the community. But i agree with those weekly spammed sales figures from UK or Japan. Should be a mega thread in the offtopic area for those who are interested.

Woopah

I think predicitons are a fun thing for the community. But i agree with those weekly spammed sales figures from UK or Japan. Should be a mega thread in the offtopic area for those who are interested.
What's wrong with having new threads for new data? That's the way it's been done on GAF for decades.

Woopah

I find the amount very annoying. There are so many big threads in the community forums, i think it would be a better fit in there.
It's a lot easier this way, especially in terms of archiving. When I need to I can go look up data from specific weeks (or months in the case of NPD) in 2023, 2013 or even 2004.

It would be a lot harder to do that if we only had a mega thread.

Why does it annoy you? If you're not interested in a thread just don't click on it.

mrmustard

Banned
It's a lot easier this way, especially in terms of archiving. When I need to I can go look up data from specific weeks (or months in the case of NPD) in 2023, 2013 or even 2004.

It would be a lot harder to do that if we only had a mega thread.

Why does it annoy you? If you're not interested in a thread just don't click on it.
I usually don't click them, but i don't get the obsession and like i said weekly threads are spam in my book. But that's just my opinion.
Yes, the forum should change everything around just to appease you.
Exactly.
Edit: Ah finally back to emote spamming, the answer almost confused me.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Long run, probably Spider-Man 2 or TotK.

Starfield will probably be the most played but we can't count GamePass installs as sales.

Woopah

I usually don't click them, but i don't get the obsession and like i said weekly threads are spam in my book. But that's just my opinion.

Exactly.
Edit: Ah finally back to emote spamming, the answer almost confused me.
I would say that they are not spam when each thread has a bunch of new data and information.

Lupin25

Clearly Zelda - highest install base

2. Spider-Man 2 - ps5 install base not high enough, but could contend with Zelda over time especially if it’s that much better than SM1…
3. Hogwarts Legacy - will be on every platform so will contend with Spider-Man 2
4. Will be massive on Pc, but with XBS low install base, combined with gamepass, it may not sell as high on consoles compared to these other games.
5. Baldur’s Gate 3 - sales will most likely surprise some, but this game will be huge for a quite awhile post-ps5 release.

AJUMP23

Who gives a fuck.

I don't know that your supposition is the case. People do care, but I think they do what they want and care about sales figures. A lot of people do find gratification in the idea that a lot of people like what they like.

“The voice of one crying in the wilderness"

MrA

Lifetime is kind of impossible as games can sell basically forever due to digital distribution. But starfield would have eventually over taken everything if not for gp
This year, Zelda something absurd like 25 million with Hogwarts breathing down its neck at over 20 million
Then call of duty because it is
Then spiderman at about 12 million baldergate at around 10
Then starfield at 8 millionish (kneecaped by being on gamepass would probably compete with hogwarts if not on gp and on ps5 as well)
Wildcard is ea fc, is the fifa license really that important?

Top Bottom