• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which gaming peripherals actually improved your gaming performance (if any)?

cormack12

Gold Member
We've all been there right with peripherals or gaming enhancements?

Elite controllers, higher dpi mice, fight sticks, steering wheels, headsets, kontrolfreeks, trigger extenders, paddle packs.

But can you point to any which had a sizeable, tangible positive effect on your gameplay/performance?

PeteBull

Mouse in any fps, doesnt even have to be expensive, but precision/speed vs playing on joypad is simply night and day, same thing with many real time strategies/turn based strategies, and hack&slash genre.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
mJHYKlg.jpg

I CAN SEE THE FUCKING SCREEN!

R6Rider

Gold Member
Back button attachment for the DS4. Wish they went that route instead of the Edge controller. Still, once you adapt after decades of no paddles or back buttons, it's hard to go back especially for shooters and Souls games.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Flight sticks, definitely. Especially for space games like Everspace 2

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
PC must haves IMO:
A nice high DPI mouse (with great "sliders")
A comfortable chair that doesn't pinch the back of your legs/behind your knees
Keyboard with response keys (my pref is mechanical)
High quality monitor
A video card that can produce 60 or higher fps for your chosen resolution/output.
A great console controller (personally I use a switch pro controller or high end 3rd party controller)

Consoles Gaming must haves IMO:
Sound (headphones or speakers)
Video (that has a quality digital filter/scaler and fast response time to eliminate that disgusting ghosting)
Supportive chair/couch/beanbag (FTLOG don't play in your bed...you will wreck your sleep)

K2D

Banned
8NXMAiy.jpg

MX518 - The goated gaming mouse.

While lasers were steadily more common during the 2000s, nothing could beat this with it's ordinary optical sensor.

I don't know the science behind it, but laser optics at the time were vastly inferior.

Konix Navigator for Sensible Soccer on Atari ST. Razer Death Adder v2 and a hard mat for everything on PC (after using a Basilisk and hard may for 2 years and getting Carpal tunnel) - what a relief!!

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Either of the 2 third party controllers for the Atari 5200, my homemade arcade stick for the Atari 7800

ReBurn

Gold Member
When you're as bad at games as I am no peripheral can help. I did like the turbo fire gamepads for bullet hell games that didn't provide autofire by holding down a button.

A decent mouse is a game change not just for gaming, but for pretty much anything you need a mouse for.

Keyboards on the other hand make no real difference. Just pick whatever feels comfortable. N-Key rollover, low-latency switches and all that nonsense don't really matter. Having them obviously won't hurt, but they shouldn't influence your purchasing decision.

Top Bottom