• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2024. 240 Hz OLEDs, PCI-Gen5, Path Tracing & Ray Reconstruction.

Yerd

Input is needed! Astray Astray and other experienced in ITX builds.

I’ll be posting specs and US dollar converted local prices, cry with me, and after that I hope I can get some advices where to lower specs to get a more sane price for a living room PC to replace Sony/MS consoles.

Case:
Cooler Master Ncore 100 Max - $479

Motherboard:
MSI MPG B650I Edge WIFI - $339

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2GHz 104MB - $449

Graphics card:
MSI GeForce RTX 4080 Super 16GB Expert - $1549

RAM:
Kingston 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5200MHz CL36 FURY Beast - $145

SSD:
Samsung 990 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2TB - $240

Windows 11 Home - $199

Total: $3400

If I could go down below $3000 it would feel okay-ish. Lower than $2000 would be awesome. But I don’t want to find myself in a scenario where I can’t get 60fps in a year or 2 since I don’t have any VRR to hide stutter, every drop below 60 would cause a stutter down to 30 and I hate fps stutter.

I remember seeing this case on TPU being announced now. I was coming here to flame out that case based on the price. Until I realized it comes with a cooler and a PSU. It's still feels over priced. This is coming from someone that bought an $800 caselabs case. That now sits in a closet unused.

The biggest problem with the case that I see is you are limited to that cooler forever. Only a single 120m rad and fan. That, to me, is a big problem. As a person that has been building PCs and PC gaming since the 90s, that's something I would avoid. Cases can last forever. I've put to use some older cases for decades. The only thing that puts them out is newer features that can't be changed. I've always been driven to lighter and lighter cases, almost always made of aluminum, with ease of use in mind.

I know some people have an aversion to reddit, but this is a very good source of info for what you are getting into. There is a list of parts and compatibility there as well. I don't know if your case is there, but check it out.

You can also search up SFF PC in google or whatever because that's the widely used term for this. Small Form Factor

MikeM

MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB Ventus 2X OC
$1069

vs

Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XT 20GB Pulse Gaming OC
$949 (currently down from $1139)

After googling more I think I want the 4080 Super tbh, but it seems to be really difficult to find right now.
Get it and enjoy! If I didn’t have the 7900xt i’d buy that.

CGNoire

I’ll be posting specs and US dollar converted local prices, cry with me, and after that I hope I can get some advices where to lower specs to get a more sane price for a living room PC to replace Sony/MS consoles.

Case:

Motherboard:

CPU:

Graphics card:

RAM:

SSD:

Windows 11 Home - $199

If I could go down below $3000 it would feel okay-ish. Lower than $2000 would be awesome. But I don’t want to find myself in a scenario where I can’t get 60fps in a year or 2 since I don’t have any VRR to hide stutter, every drop below 60 would cause a stutter down to 30 and I hate fps stutter.
That gfx card is way overpriced. You can get a 4090 for around the same. Goto Best Buys customer service counter and ask them to look up stock at the store. Dont do it online. Do it in person. Ask when and what time to return for best chance. They sell you one at msrp.

CGNoire

I love my fractal terra. Chews up PC games at ultra, 4k and spits them out. Quiet as hell too. Makes PS5 games look two gens old:

9X1oazU.jpg
frC2YAp.jpg
4m2KA9t.jpg
I want more details on this and more photos please.

Fredrik

I remember seeing this case on TPU being announced now. I was coming here to flame out that case based on the price. Until I realized it comes with a cooler and a PSU. It's still feels over priced. This is coming from someone that bought an $800 caselabs case. That now sits in a closet unused.

The biggest problem with the case that I see is you are limited to that cooler forever. Only a single 120m rad and fan. That, to me, is a big problem. As a person that has been building PCs and PC gaming since the 90s, that's something I would avoid. Cases can last forever. I've put to use some older cases for decades. The only thing that puts them out is newer features that can't be changed. I've always been driven to lighter and lighter cases, almost always made of aluminum, with ease of use in mind.

I know some people have an aversion to reddit, but this is a very good source of info for what you are getting into. There is a list of parts and compatibility there as well. I don't know if your case is there, but check it out.

You can also search up SFF PC in google or whatever because that's the widely used term for this. Small Form Factor
I’m open to any solid suggestion. I saw a video of someone struggling for 15 minutes to snap on the side on the Ncore 100 Max so I’m not laser focused on that for the moment. Possibly from inexperience but that’s me too so I can’t ignore things like that.

Previously I’ve been recommended Fractal Terra, but that seems more restricted for bigger graphics cards. I Hyte case was mentioned too.

If you know of any other good smaller case from experience then please post, I have zero experience in this product segment. Just want something that won’t look awful having beside the TV.

Fredrik

That gfx card is way overpriced. You can get a 4090 for around the same. Goto Best Buys customer service counter and ask them to look up stock at the store. Dont do it online. Do it in person. Ask when and what time to return for best chance. They sell you one at msrp.
This isn’t US, I just convert the price to USD so people here understand why the total is so high. A 4090 goes for $2200-2800

Fredrik

Get it and enjoy! If I didn’t have the 7900xt i’d buy that.
You mean the 7900xt with the lowered price?

Problem is, I’ve seen so many videos now where the AMD cards looks competitive and then they hit the DLSS switch and it’s a night and day difference.

But the Nvidia side of things is complicated too. Don’t know if 4080 Super is going too far. The performance boost over 4070ti super seems to be like 15%. Not much tbh.

The 4070 Ti Super with 16GB is probably a more sane purchase. No future proofing though, would have to start fiddling with settings to hold 60fps from day 1 whenever DLSS isn’t available.
Decisions decisions…

CGNoire

Ok so I asked this before in the previous thread but since then the link I was given had sold out so I ask again to see if someone here can help me.

Dos anyone know a "proven safe" place to buy Wins 10 Pro keys?
Ive got a copy installed that needs authorizing.

Last edited:

Fredrik

XERgiot.jpeg
New idea, lower spec living room ITX build. Would this be enough to replace the consoles?

I’ll avoid doing the USD conversion on the parts this time. It is what it is, I pay 1.5-2x overprice.
$2500 for this ”budget” build

Case:
Fractal Design Terra Graphite

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 38MB

Cooling:
Cooler Master ML120L Core

GPU:
MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB Ventus 3X OC

Motherboard:
ASUS ROG Strix B650E-I Gaming WIFI

RAM:
Kingston 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5200MHz CL36 FURY Beast AMD EXPO/Intel XMP 3.0

Power Supply:
Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold Rev.2 Svart

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OEM

Would it be better to go with the above instead of the previous one I talked about?

Case:

Motherboard:

CPU:

Graphics card:

RAM:

SSD:

Windows 11 Home - $199

🤷‍♂️

MikeM

XERgiot.jpeg
New idea, lower spec living room ITX build. Would this be enough to replace the consoles?

I’ll avoid doing the USD conversion on the parts this time. It is what it is, I pay 1.5-2x overprice.

Case:

CPU:

Cooling:

GPU:

Motherboard:

RAM:

Power Supply:

Would it be better to go with the above instead of the previous one I talked about?

🤷‍♂️
4070super my man.

MikeM

XERgiot.jpeg

Case:

CPU:

Cooling:

GPU:

Motherboard:

RAM:

Power Supply:

🤷‍♂️
I just saw you have 5200mhz ram with a 7600x. See how much it is to go 6000mhz cl30. Thats the best combo with a 7600x.

Fredrik

I just saw you have 5200mhz ram with a 7600x. See how much it is to go 6000mhz cl30. Thats the best combo with a 7600x.
Cool so 4070 super and 600mhz cl40 RAM and it would be a solid ”budget” choice?

What about the cooler? Went with the Cooler Master because it had the lowest noise listed from those available, 27dB.

MikeM

What about the cooler? Went with the Cooler Master because it had the lowest noise listed from those available, 27dB.
6000mhz cl30, not cl40. I personally went with a XPG kit and has been flawless.

Cooler wise go with whatever is decent. Everyone says Peerless Assassin is best bang for buck. I personally run a Deepcool AK620 and tuned the fan curve a bit. I also turned up the case fans to help with airflow as well and everything is nice and quiet.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Cooler wise go with whatever is decent. Everyone says Peerless Assassin is best bang for buck. I personally run a Deepcool AK620 and tuned the fan curve a bit. I also turned up the case fans to help with airflow as well and everything is nice and quiet.
Sounds perfect that’s how I want it. I think my PS5 is loud so that gives you an idea of what I want.

Do you have the Fractal Design Terra case?

The store I’m looking at have a tool for building computers where they show compatible parts. The biggest GPU they list for the Terra is the 4060ti. Biggest for Ncore is the MSI 4080 Super Expert 3 slot card. I do think their tool is broken though, the Ncore is said to fit 3.9 slot cards.

Anyhow, thinking about going with the Ncore anyway. Looks nice. But so does the Terra. Decisionssss gah! It’s incredibly difficult to get everything right. Heard a tester mention that the Terra CPU cooler could be heard. Don’t know if it can be swapped out. There was someone talking about a noisy VRAM fan too on a ASUS board I was looking at. And a MSI I was looking at lacked PCIe5. Sigh, there is always something. So many variables. Soon I’ll just randomly order something and hope for the best lol

GHG

Sounds perfect that’s how I want it. I think my PS5 is loud so that gives you an idea of what I want.

The store I’m looking at have a tool for building computers where they show compatible parts. The biggest GPU they list for the Terra is the 4060ti. Biggest for Ncore is the MSI 4080 Super Expert 3 slot card. I do think their tool is broken though, the Ncore is said to fit 3.9 slot cards.

Anyhow, thinking about going with the Ncore anyway. Looks nice. But so does the Terra. Decisionssss gah! It’s incredibly difficult to get everything right. Heard a tester mention that the Terra CPU cooler could be heard. Don’t know if it can be swapped out. There was someone talking about a noisy VRAM fan too on a ASUS board I was looking at. And a MSI I was looking at lacked PCIe5. Sigh, there is always something. So many variables. Soon I’ll just randomly order something and hope for the best lol

I'm not sure whether or not the Ak620 will fit in the Terra but you will want to check the clearance. Regardless, it might not be the best option based on what you're looking for:

If you are noise sensitive then your best bet will be to go for a decent AIO and stick some bequiet or noctua fans on it. Tower coolers tend to generate more noise.

Fredrik

I'm not sure whether or not the Ak620 will fit in the Terra but you will want to check the clearance. Regardless, it might not be the best option based on what you're looking for:

If you are noise sensitive then your best bet will be to go for a decent AIO and stick some bequiet or noctua fans on it. Tower coolers tend to generate more noise.

Yeah I don’t want any vacuum cleaner noise. I assume it don’t often ramp up like that though.

I have an Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 360 on the desktop PC, it’s not perfectly silent but has no annoying noise and manage to cool a Ryzen 9 7900x very well. Not sure what to go with on these small PCs though. The Ncore has a preinstalled AIO, single fan but thick radiator. Seems decent going by Gamersnexus review.

MikeM

Nah I run a Matrexx 50 from Deepcool. Ripped the front glass off of it for maximum airflow.

If you think the PS5 is loud… then ooff. Not sure you can build a PC as quiet or quieter without going really low-power. As GHG said, go liquid cooler as your best bet. Do you game with a headset?

Astray

Gold Member

Machines and More has a bunch of videos on cooling the 7800x3d inside the Terra.

If you are set on going with the 7600 then you might be able to get away with an even smaller heatsink.

Also the Sapphire pulse is excellent in terms of cooling and quietness, it just has a smaller heatsink than the nitro variant and no rgb.

I helped my brother build a pc with the 7900 xtx sapphire nitro and that thing was fucking gargantuan. Amazingly quiet and great looking tho.

Big coolers like that can't fit in the Terra.

But they might be able to fit into the nr200 iirc (which is a vastly cheaper and more versatile case tbh).

The ncore has an expanded mode that enables it to fit larger cards, but i think it changes the outer dimensions of the case iirc. Been a while since I saw the reviews so don't remember exact details.

I'd recommend consulting a review on the case before proceeding tbh.

Measure twice, cut once etc etc

Fredrik

Nah I run a Matrexx 50 from Deepcool. Ripped the front glass off of it for maximum airflow.

If you think the PS5 is loud… then ooff. Not sure you can build a PC as quiet or quieter without going really low-power. As GHG said, go liquid cooler as your best bet. Do you game with a headset?
No headphones, hometheater setup is my thing for the living room.
I’m starting to realize that there is a risk I’ll be annoyed at noise. But I’m laser focused to do this swap. Been thinking about it for far too long without doing anything about it.

What about this case?
1hbOQaF.jpeg

Just kidding heh

But maybe this one?
Thermaltake The Tower 200. Can apparently fit a 4090
MS8vUQk.jpeg

Series X aquarium

MikeM

No headphones, hometheater setup is my thing for the living room.
I’m starting to realize that there is a risk I’ll be annoyed at noise. But I’m laser focused to do this swap. Been thinking about it for far too long without doing anything about it.

What about this case?
1hbOQaF.jpeg

Just kidding heh

But maybe this one?
Thermaltake The Tower 200. Can apparently fit a 4090
MS8vUQk.jpeg

Series X aquarium
I feel like you should check out some noise and airflow benchmarks if you value things as quiet as possible.

Fractal Torrent and Lian Li Cool 2 Mesh seems to be among the best in terms of cooling. Better airflow usually means a quieter PC.

Last edited:

Yerd

I’m open to any solid suggestion. I saw a video of someone struggling for 15 minutes to snap on the side on the Ncore 100 Max so I’m not laser focused on that for the moment. Possibly from inexperience but that’s me too so I can’t ignore things like that.

Previously I’ve been recommended Fractal Terra, but that seems more restricted for bigger graphics cards. I Hyte case was mentioned too.

If you know of any other good smaller case from experience then please post, I have zero experience in this product segment. Just want something that won’t look awful having beside the TV.
What I would suggest probably won't be to your liking. Beyond that, I would say to go to that reddit link I posted and just scroll through everyone's build. You can find the case you want in someone else's build and see through their pictures what they were able to fit into the case.

It's how I got into SFF world. I looked through all the builds there and bought a case and hardware that was in line with what I wanted and saw it working in someone else's build. My thing was a determination to also do a custom loop at the same time. So I had very specific limitations.

But, as a suggestion to an inexperienced builder, I would say Cooler Master NR200. It might be bigger than you're aiming for, but you wouldn't be limited by compatibility as much as the smaller cases. I have no personal experience with it, but it's very popular and based on pictures, if I was in the market for a case that size, I would definitely buy one. It's going to give you the easiest time with compatibility issues and the building process out of any of the cases I've seen in this category. I think there was an even more expensive model that came with the PSU and possibly a cooler too. I didn't look at why it was $400 vs the regular one at $100

SFF cases are all about finding the right compatible parts, the smaller you get.

If you're still wanting a really small case, I would suggest a SSUPD case. They are mesh, lot's of people here gasp at the thought, because they never heard of cleaning their PC.

Last edited:

Fredrik

What I would suggest probably won't be to your liking. Beyond that, I would say to go to that reddit link I posted and just scroll through everyone's build. You can find the case you want in someone else's build and see through their pictures what they were able to fit into the case.

It's how I got into SFF world. I looked through all the builds there and bought a case and hardware that was in line with what I wanted and saw it working in someone else's build. My thing was a determination to also do a custom loop at the same time. So I had very specific limitations.

But, as a suggestion to an inexperienced builder, I would say Cooler Master NR200. It might be bigger than you're aiming for, but you wouldn't be limited by compatibility as much as the smaller cases. I have no personal experience with it, but it's very popular and based on pictures, if I was in the market for a case that size, I would definitely buy one. It's going to give you the easiest time with compatibility issues and the building process out of any of the cases I've seen in this category. I think there was an even more expensive model that came with the PSU and possibly a cooler too. I didn't look at why it was $400 vs the regular one at $100

SFF cases are all about finding the right compatible parts, the smaller you get.

If you're still wanting a really small case, I would suggest a SSUPD case. They are mesh, lot's of people here gasp at the thought, because they never heard of cleaning their PC.

That Cooler Master case is not too bad, a little boring perhaps. Went and looked into that reddit discussion and Ncore is out. There was talk about PSU noise, would have to be swapped out. Bummer.

DaGwaphics

If you are cheap and want to be able to upgrade the machine for quite a while in the case, I would recommend going for a bigger case if you can. Some of the really sleek, ITX cases where everything fits perfectly don't age well. Even the most powerful components could fit in my old ITX case when I bought, by the time I changed it out literally nothing interesting could fit in there. Now I have this gigantic tower because I forgot how big a mid-tower was. LOL But, future upgrades should surely fit.

Yerd

That Cooler Master case is not too bad, a little boring perhaps. Went and looked into that reddit discussion and Ncore is out. There was talk about PSU noise, would have to be swapped out. Bummer.
Orly. That's their standard sfx 3.0 psu. I have to remember that for future when I build my next system. My most recent psu was a Silverstone, but that was before 3.0 cabling. The one I got also had sound issues on their first version, but was fixed in a hardware revision. Double check that it hasn't been rectified.

THE:MILKMAN

Some upgrade advice please.

Current system specs: MSI MAG MORTAR B550M, 16GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance, Ryzen 5 R3600 and a lowly Sapphire Pulse RX550 for display purposes.

Should I just add a current/last gen mid-range GPU or upgrade both CPU and GPU? I just want it to tide me over for a year or two before I go all in on a complete new build after Zen 5/new GPUs launch.

Also what bang for buck monitor in the 24-27" size. I don't need anything fancy. I lasted 10 years with an Asus VE247H!

Cheers.

Fredrik

Those looking for a good cooler, Arctic is back and having a promo launch sales.

DyTor06.png

Apparently have a more annoying cooler head fan, higher rpm, higher pitch, GamersNexus did a comparison and recorded the sound. I’m going with II over III now.

12:30

Last edited:

Fredrik

I’ve been cooling ITX cases for a week now. It’s impossible to choose. There is always something I have to compromise. Either I can’t fit the AIO cooler I want or the graphics card I want us too big or not available, or the motherboard has coilwhine or the case doesn’t look good or is too big. Paying $3000+ and not being satisfied is going to suck.
Soon I’ll just buy another big ass Lian Li Dynamic case and place in the corner of the room behind some curtain or whatever..

Bojji

Current system specs: MSI MAG MORTAR B550M, 16GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance, Ryzen 5 R3600 and a lowly Sapphire Pulse RX550 for display purposes.

Should I just add a current/last gen mid-range GPU or upgrade both CPU and GPU? I just want it to tide me over for a year or two before I go all in on a complete new build after Zen 5/new GPUs launch.

Also what bang for buck monitor in the 24-27" size. I don't need anything fancy. I lasted 10 years with an Asus VE247H!

Cheers.

You can slap 5600/5700/5800x3d in it and some modern GPU and you will have amazing gaming system for years.

If you want to upgrade faster changing 3600 to 5600 (non 3d) should be enough for now.

You can use any GPU in this.

draliko

In the end I decided to upgrade, 7800x3d, aorus elite ax, 7900xt (xtx on it's way, got a nice trade up sale with a friend) lexar 6400 cl32 ram and arctic liquid freezer 3 360, all inside a pure base 500dx case... I must say it's a nice uplift coming from a 5600x, the 1% low are waaaay better.... Now I'm settled for a couple of years (knowing me... Maybe 3😅😂)
xg1L7oS.jpg

(Pick was taken before mounting a rear exhaust 140fan, probably gonna buy another rear pwm silent fan, don't really like the one I mounted, and one upper 120)

Last edited:

draliko

Cheers.
in the end i went with earlier upgrade path as zen5 x3d could be well later in 2026 and 7800x3d will suffice for all the next gen probably. If you don't want to change mobo i would get a 5800x3d and a 4070S/7800xt, otherwise go all in with 7800x3d and 4080/4070ti S/7900xtx, i'm actually scared that next gen gpu are gonna be way pricier considering the ai craze. Either way you're gonna be set for a while playing with settings.

For the monitor i went with samsung 27g6 (found at bf for 300€) in the 27" range go for the dell g2724d, awesome monitor for the price or LG 27GP850, after those you enter 1k territory to really see a difference

Fredrik

just go with LF3, i doubt you will hear the cooler head fan in real world.
Maybe, I want a white one if I build some crazy aqurium, already have a black Lian Li aquarium.
But in specs LF3 is 3dB louder, and higher pitch makes it easier to hear.
Still silent though, 25dB versus 22dB. Many popular AIO coolers are up over 30dB. I guess I should stop worrying so much.

Bojji

So I'm back in Nvidia camp with 3080Ti, bought it for 1999PLN/~500USD used (that is a great deal because cheapest cards usually starts around ~2500PLN). With undervolt card isn't that much power hungry and offers performance between 4070S and 4070Ti. 4070S is 3000PLN and 4070ti around 3500PLN so...

Q1ScZTV.jpg
VlOfF0y.jpg
7QanV0h.jpg
9xEQA0O.jpg

Not bad I think.

in the end i went with earlier upgrade path as zen5 x3d could be well later in 2026 and 7800x3d will suffice for all the next gen probably. If you don't want to change mobo i would get a 5800x3d and a 4070S/7800xt, otherwise go all in with 7800x3d and 4080/4070ti S/7900xtx, i'm actually scared that next gen gpu are gonna be way pricier considering the ai craze. Either way you're gonna be set for a while playing with settings.

For the monitor i went with samsung 27g6 (found at bf for 300€) in the 27" range go for the dell g2724d, awesome monitor for the price or LG 27GP850, after those you enter 1k territory to really see a difference
You can slap 5600/5700/5800x3d in it and some modern GPU and you will have amazing gaming system for years.

If you want to upgrade faster changing 3600 to 5600 (non 3d) should be enough for now.

You can use any GPU in this.

Thanks guys. Some good suggestions and food for thought. Been doing a little research and actually the games I like tend to be more GPU limited minimising the performance jump from my 3600 > 5800X3D so the current £270 cost here seems poor value? I'm thinking put that money into the GPU (RX6750XT or equivalent NVIDIA for £350-£400?) and Monitor (Acer Nitro 27" XV272UV3 on the budget end at £230 or the LG 27GP850 £300/MSI MAG G274QPF-QD £300 for a more premium model.

I'm thinking if I do just the GPU/Monitor for now it will give me wiggle room if I change my mind again and go for a PS5 Pro at the end of the year and use the monitor with that and if needed sell the GPU.

Tell you what though I find it far more difficult making my mind up on upgrades versus starting from scratch with a new gen build....

hinch7

Thanks guys. Some good suggestions and food for thought. Been doing a little research and actually the games I like tend to be more GPU limited minimising the performance jump from my 3600 > 5800X3D so the current £270 cost here seems poor value? I'm thinking put that money into the GPU (RX6750XT or equivalent NVIDIA for £350-£400?) and Monitor (Acer Nitro 27" XV272UV3 on the budget end at £230 or the LG 27GP850 £300/MSI MAG G274QPF-QD £300 for a more premium model.

I'm thinking if I do just the GPU/Monitor for now it will give me wiggle room if I change my mind again and go for a PS5 Pro at the end of the year and use the monitor with that and if needed sell the GPU.

Tell you what though I find it far more difficult making my mind up on upgrades versus starting from scratch with a new gen build....
Tbh I'd just skip Zen 3 and 4 and go directly to 5 in the upcoming months.

6700XT can be had for £266 on Ebay. Probably a return so not new but about as good as you can get for the money.

Last edited:

draliko

I was in the same boat, it's always easy for me to make a new build compared to upgrading the old one👍 go for lg monitor and the beat GPU you can get now, Nvidia will probably be easier to resell in the future

I was in the same boat, it's always easy for me to make a new build compared to upgrading the old one👍 go for lg monitor and the beat GPU you can get now, Nvidia will probably be easier to resell in the future

:pie_roffles:, I'm glad I'm not the only one! The LG monitor does look sweet and I can pick that up locally in person and seems to be very popular with good reviews. Everything tells me to go NVIDIA for the GPU even at higher price points than AMD but the stingy VRAM situation makes me hesitate...

draliko

one thing i forgot to say, don't underestimate the leap from 3600 to 5800x3d... even if you are gpu starved in the games it will make a great differences in 1% low and general fluidity, the fucking big cache really helps a lot, and also will be the "last" jump of the AM4. For the ps5pro part, I've always been a multiplat gamer (from the moment i started earning my own money i've always had the big 3 consoles of every gen) but sincerely seeing as the market goes i've got back to pc and i'll stay on it, no need to have a console anymore (creating fp games cost so much that everything is coming to pc, some games sooner, some later) and moreover no more need to compromise on graphics or 60 fps.... actually "choices" is what killed consoles for me

Think I'm giving up getting a GPU. Even the tech channels are saying not to bother any more and hope that AMD/Nvidia sort themselves out with the next-gen GPUs.

I'm still getting the LG monitor though and could use it with a console if I decide to pick one of those up to tide me over until a full PC upgrade. Some good discounts on both PS5/XSX right now in the UK.

Frustrating situation in PC land though....

hinch7

AMD drops another nothing-burger. Might have been okay but AMD locks VRAM OC.

Next generation couldn't come out faster..

GreatnessRD

It's like AMD loves pissing in their own mouths. In what world would someone opt for this when you can get better RT and the same raster for the same money with the 4070 Super? And the fact that the 7800 XT scraps the back of the 7900's shoe. That's how close it is and you want to charge $50 more when the 7800 XT is available right now for as low as $490?

AMD Marketing must use hard drugs in their meetings. Clown world.

Some PC gamers may think HDR is overrated. They should try gaming on a decent TV... I had to squint my eyes flying into the sun on Everspace 2.

Dural

I found an open box 4070 on Best Buy for $411.99, can't pick it up till later this week though. It's going into a Cooler Master NR200P case that's in the living room, I've waited about a year since I built it to upgrade the RX590 that's in it now. Didn't want to pay the ridiculous prices for GPUs last year.

TVexperto

Hi all,

I need help, I have a MATX motherboard and it has those pins:

RGB_LED1

and

ADDR_LED1

What exactly are those for? Can I buy an RGB fan without a controller and change colors somehow via motherboard ?

draliko

Top Bottom