• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which is your favorite version of TLOU opening?

Which is your favorite version of TLOU opening?

• The Last of Us (original)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • TLOU Part I (remake)

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • TLOU Season 1 (HBO series)

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

mortal

Gold Member
There are now 3 official versions of that iconic opening. Out of the 3, which of these is your favorite?

Screen-2023-01-16-172647.gif

Screen-2023-01-16-165844.gif

Screen-2023-01-16-165527.gif

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I voted TV series, as it fleshed the beginning out more, and like above said, we got to see more of Sarah's character.

The first 3 or 4 minutes with the guys talking at the start was beyond boring though imo.

But after that I really enjoyed it, the creepy old lady too 👀

Raonak

Banned
I voted TV show, even though I liked the actual death in the game a tiny bit more (maybe cause I didn't know it was coming?)

Was there much of a difference between OG and remake?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Original/Remake
The way it cuts from Joel holding Sarah
cACzFZl.gif

To the opening credits and the theme kicking in while you are processing what just happened as it floods you with information from news broadcasts of the outbreak
perfection GIF

The TV kinda fucked that up by revealing too much and they did the credits at the fucking beginning!?
No time to process, just straight into 20 years later.
It's probably the real reason it stood out and made the impact it did in the original. brilliantly directed and the show just did it generically instead.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Original/remaster/remake/reborn/turbo edition for me.

I was surprisingly invested in the live action stuff, but as was eloquently stated above, the editing definitely killed some of the gut punch. The original had Sarah's death, followed instantly by the Main Theme and the artsy opening, as if to say to the audience "No time to catch your breathe bro, but don't worry, this is just the beginning,"

Reactions: TGO

EruditeHobo

The show's beginning doesn't work for a video game. There's a reason they did that in the show... it's because they were making a show.

The game's opening is great for the game, right into the thick of it... don't need the pretense.

No reason to pick between them. Show's opening is fantastically expanded considering there's no gameplay to worry about. :messenger_ok:

BossLackey

Gold Member
They're all really good. Hard to choose honestly. I'm going with TV for now simply because it had more time to breathe and ramp up.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
The game had more impact, but that could be down to experiencing it for the first time.

Reactions: Fbh

deeptech

hmm, in the games it's on the right, but in the show it's on the left, but well since it's a cinematic i vote the show scene

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The plane crash, plus the 1968 interview decades prior puts it above the game for me. God that plane crash was good. And I like the build up, seeing planes flying out of the city prior to the chaos. Seeing the army, etc.

Fbh

Show was good but felt a bit drawn out, also personally I didn't like the insane amount of film grain they used to make it look "early 00's"
Also as scripted as it is IMO the interactivity still makes it more unique.

Last edited:
Top Bottom