• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurtofan said:
Wait, that's not bannable?

She didn't actually post pictures of her bare tits, if that's what you were thinking. :lol It was more 'oh, here is a picture of me' and her tits were prominent... I guess? I only ever saw her post in that thread. *shrugs*

Who was the guy carrying on about MOIST DUDES? I remember he got banned for the meltdown but I don't know if it was permanent.

I don't know what exactly it was that finally did DoomBringer and Son of Godzilla in, but I do miss the color they brought to GAF.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Phonomezer said:
Who was the guy carrying on about MOIST DUDES? I remember he got banned for the meltdown but I don't know if it was permanent.

Nah, I've seen him around.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=12381

icarus-daedelus said:
I don't know what exactly it was that finally did DoomBringer and Son of Godzilla in, but I do miss the color they brought to GAF.

I saw Godzilla get banned. Him and another member made a post in a Dragon Age thread suggesting that PC gamers are pirates, and it just so happened that Evilore was in that thread and he banned them a day for every copy of DA:O sold on PC.

I liked the "which one of you fucking whores is sleeping with my man" post that looked like someone's wife was posting on a dude's account and accusing all of neogaf of sleeping with her man.

It got locked before like 2 responses though, but a true classic.

Himuro only pointed out that Koshiba kept posting about her boobs hoping to get attention like a hundred times and people went nuts calling him a sexist. He didn't do anything wrong.

And my favorite was the whole costanza rockband-age thing, it was a massacre. If I remember correctly Wrath2X got banned for some weird reason, what was it?

DeathIsTheEnd said:
Because of this, I think.

Just being honest, why not just ban the whole pony-gaf if that was the case.

KaotikMind said:
Himuro only pointed out that Koshiba kept posting about her boobs hoping to get attention like a hundred times and people went nuts calling him a sexist. He didn't do anything wrong.

And my favorite was the whole costanza rockband-age thing, it was a massacre. If I remember correctly Wrath2X got banned for some weird reason, what was it?
He could have said this in a rational or even funny way and maybe gotten away with his point, but he was a total asshole, which in the best of times doesn't really lead to forum longevity.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Snuggler said:
I saw Godzilla get banned. Him and another member made a post in a Dragon Age thread suggesting that PC gamers are pirates, and it just so happened that Evilore was in that thread and he banned them a day for every copy of DA:O sold on PC.

Ah, here it is:

edit - bad link, check post below

fun thread

Snuggler said:
Aww, that's no fun.

Anyone remember Himu's first long period of banning? He had this giant meltdown in an Okami thread with Amir0x, ended up calling him Amisux. I was so sure he was permabanned after that.

KaotikMind said:
Just being honest, why not just ban the whole pony-gaf if that was the case.
I haven't actually looked at the thread so I wouldn't know, but perhaps since it's all the way over in Community Evilore hasn't noticed?

elrechazao said:
I liked the "which one of you fucking whores is sleeping with my man" post that looked like someone's wife was posting on a dude's account and accusing all of neogaf of sleeping with her man.

It got locked before like 2 responses though, but a true classic.
That sounds hilarious

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
KaotikMind said:
Himuro went out like a bitch. What a waste.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I definitely don't think that Himuro had the funniest or best exit, unless funniest or best can also mean sad and childish. I understand disliking someone, or their personality, and I didn't know enough about Koshiba to like or dislike her, but there's really no reason to go in on someone like he did. Even if it was intended to be over the top as it was his swan song, it was still totally tasteless, and made him come across as a child. Same thing with the whole 'amisux' thing. I mean, disagreeing with someone is fine, but hurling insults just makes you look like a man-baby.

Anyway,

I'd have to say that Dyack's was the best.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
KaotikMind said:
I still don't get why he was banned for it, it was him making fun of an attention whore. Why the fuss?

Even if there was some truth in what he was saying, it crossed the line and could be considered a personal attack.

More importantly, he said he was quitting GAF not to long before that, only too return and lash out on one member. The staff showed him the way back out. It's pretty goddamn lame to throw a hissy fit and say you're quitting for good only to come back a few weeks later.

bengraven

DennisK4 said:
You know damn well he was not simply banned for that. He was banned for being a rude prick about it.

This. He went about it all wrong. Not white knighting, but she didn't really do anything wrong. Big effing deal, she showed off a lot of cleavage, so does my wife. I don't suddenly call out to her at Christmas dinner.

That said, I liked Himuro before that. I think he was just account suiciding.

The_Technomancer said:
Ahahahaha, that's great. He literally said that all PC gamers are pirates

As someone who can see his launch day purchased DA:O on PC, I think the sentence was hilarious.

Wait, how did blame space get banned?

He's usually a chill dude, but I remember BlackGAF tipping me that he actually printed a picture out of ChocolateCupcakes' avatar, put it in the toilet and took a picture of him pissing onto it.

Although random, that didn't sit right with me.

spindashing said:

He's usually a chill dude, but I remember BlackGAF tipping me that he actually printed a picture out of ChocolateCupcakes' avatar, put it in the toilet and took a picture of him pissing onto it.

If he got banned for that, it wasn't an immediate ban.

Also, that was fucking hilarious.

Salsa

spindashing said:

I NEED TO SEE THAT

Green Scar said:
If he got banned for that, it wasn't an immediate ban.

Also, that was fucking hilarious.
Yeah, it wasn't an immediate ban. We were talking about it in the Black Culture thread and he wasn't banned at the time. A week later or so I noticed he was banned.

I thought it would be something unrelated but it's most likely that.

Wollan? Well, because he was the only member that couldn't be banned. How can you ever compete against that?
Yeah, long time lurker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom