• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one do you prefer: Hard or Soft Taco Shells?

Which is the best Taco shell?

• Hard

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Soft

Votes: 61 47.3%
  • Both

Votes: 30 23.3%
  • That Chalupa shell, tho

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
Ain't nothing hard about spotted dick
huv8GlU.gif

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Fried soft tacos are crispy and good. I like soft on occasion, mainly burritos and fajitas. I use to only prefer soft, but I get enough of the soft shell with burritos. Lately I’ve had a craving or some nostalgia for hard shell.

lachesis

I prefer authentic soft taco like al pastor or carnitas or asada (haven't tried this Birria, but thinking about making some when I have time)

But I do have soft spot with american style taco as some nostalgic food. Especially taco salad with hard shell tortia bowl with ton of sour cream and tomato salsa sauce dressing and shredded cheddar.

QSD

Love em both, but find it slightly more difficult to find really good/tasty soft premade ones. The soft ones you get at a taco place are usually great though.

Thaedolus

We made enchiladas tonight. Of course I lightly fried the soft tortillas beforehand so they wouldn’t get soggy.

Go_Ly_Dow

Soft, also to add that Mexican food wrecks my digestive system more than any other cuisine.

Probably because its everything ramped up to 100, like max sugar, oil, carbs, salt, fat calories,, spices etc...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Hard shell. Thats how my grandma made em and I have yet eat at a restaurant that makes better chicken tacos than my grandma.

Hard shell. Thats how my grandma made em and I have yet eat at a restaurant that makes better chicken tacos than my grandma.
I think it’s a better idea that you stop trying to fuck asian grills (you can burn your dick that way), and use those grills for cooking chicken tacos. 🧐

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Where's the option for "It's 2:30 AM and I just throw all the ingredients in a bowl and eat a slop plate like the tired, complacent livestock that I am," ?

Where's the option for "It's 2:30 AM and I just throw all the ingredients in a bowl and eat a slop plate like the tired, complacent livestock that I am," ?

Probably with the ‘both‘ option.

You could possibly just eat hardshell tacos (softshell are just mini boritos so screw those ‘softies’ that chose the soft option) and just eat them with a knife and fork like a civilized human being… but I guess you could resort to using your hands if you were really desperate.

Last edited:
Post a pic of how you feel
me:
rDHqXpF.png
I too feel like a person with cat ears, an eye in the back of my head, a really long nose attached to a steel plate angled for RPG strikes, a single boob, one able bodied mantis limb with the right one cut-off, a ‘W‘ shape at the end of my dick with a forcefield at the end of it, and two stubby ass legs….describes me in a nutshell, seeing it in a portrait brings a tear to my eye.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Post a pic of how you feel
me:
rDHqXpF.png

I too feel like a person with cat ears, an eye in the back of my head, a really long nose attached to a steel plate angled for RPG strikes, a single boob, one able bodied mantis limb with the right one cut-off, a ‘W‘ shape at the end of my dick with a forcefield at the end of it, and two stubby ass legs….describes me in a nutshell, seeing it in a portrait brings a tear to my eye.
I need to improve my ascii game.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

Burritos are larger they have rice, beans, choice of meat, lettuce, tomato, cheese, guac or sour cream on a flour tortilla with both ends folded in. Tacos are smaller made with soft corn tortillas and usually just have meat, cilantro, diced onion, salsa and a wedge of lime but sure they're the same thing. 🤣

Last edited:
Burritos are larger they have rice, beans, choice of meat, lettuce, tomato, cheese, guac or sour cream on a flour tortilla with both ends folded in. Tacos are smaller made with soft corn tortillas and usually just have meat, cilantro, diced onion, salsa and a wedge of lime but sure they're the same thing. 🤣
Who in the living fuck puts a lime wedge in a taco? and why haven’t they been tried in an international court?

Top Bottom