• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which sensation do you enjoy more, being drunk or being high?

Which sensation do you enjoy more, being drunk or being high?

• Drunk

Votes: 49 28.3%
  • High

Votes: 69 39.9%
  • Always Sober

Votes: 55 31.8%

• Total voters

Mister Wolf

Definitely being high off weed. I would get the spins and vomit drinking too much. Plus a hangover Never had any of those issues with marijuana.

KrakenIPA

Smokin fresh flower out of a new glass piece can be pretty great. Choking on resin balls and stems out of a clogged metal pipe sucks ass.

Sipping cognac at the poker table can be pretty great. Chuggin gas station wine out of a paper carton sucks ass.

Being sober sucks ass.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Neither, both have to many negatives for me.

I do have like 2beers 3 or 4 times a week.

All drugs have there drawbacks, i wish there were more legal options. Its weird that alcohol is legal but other drugs are not.

highrider

Banned
I prefer bong hits of marijuana. Beer and alcohol was fun as a younger man but it’s redundant to me now. I find most people annoying, even more so if they are boozing.

getting high freaks me out. i get paranoid and think i'm about to die. haven't smoked since high school. i stopped when i was lying on the roof of my school and thought the stars were gonna kill me. that was it for me.

being drunk is more fun. it feels so relaxing and fun. i'm usually a miserable cunt sober but i get so happy when i'm drunk. also i rarely get a hangover. if i go crazy with vodka/whisky then yeah but i can drink beers like their is no tomorrow and get up the next day ready to go.

Last edited:

Kaachan

I don't mind alcohol but my body doesn't tolerate it for some reason
Drinking the slightest bit of alcohol gives me irregular heartbeats and chest pain

Neither, both have to many negatives for me.

I do have like 2beers 3 or 4 times a week.

All drugs have there drawbacks, i wish there were more legal options. Its weird that alcohol is legal but other drugs are not.
alcohol/cigarettes have been consumed for such a long time now so it's tricky. if people only started consuming them recently they'd probably be illegal. it's at the point now (and for a long time actually) that there is too much money to be lost by making it illegal. governments would lose billions in taxes and businesses would fail. the economy of an entire country could be negatively affected if they export alcohol/cigarettes. i'm from scotland and we rely on alcohol exports. if alcohol was illegal we'd be fucked. tens of thousands of people would lose their jobs. whisky contributes about £5-6 billion a year. whisky tourism also brings in millions and helps local economies. during the pandemic there was about a £1 billion loss. brexit has also fucked us over (scotland didn't vote for it) because the EU made up about 30% of exports.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Don’t like feeling drunk or high.
yeah at the time it feels good man. But when reality hits any anxiety depression worries they just come back harder.

also don’t like the feeling of not being fully in control the whole drunk high it’s fun feeling wears off real fast for me. So
Season 6 Reaction GIF by Parks and Recreation

These are my personal feelings. In the sense it’s what I feel when I have done it. I get for others such things produce different results. So I am not trying to shit on those who get high or drunk. Unless it’s becoming and addiction. Like an alcoholic- then I suggest you get your house in order.

yes I’m channelling Ron F**king Swanson.

but I speak from having seen what Alcoholism can do to people first hand

Last edited:
Both at the same time
BoR5qw4CEAE4QCp.jpg
Had to fast the evening before yesterday so no drinking or eating for a blood test.

After blood test that afternoon I definitely quoted "I gonna get drunk as fuck tonight, drunk as fuck"

Trees are fun but I probably fall on the drinking side of things; more predictable for me as I tend to get semi-paranoid at times on the other.

Last edited:
Every now and then I like to relax with a buzz from drinking, but getting drunk isn’t that appealing to me. Had enough hangovers to know the consequences aren’t worth it to me. I’ve smoked weed with my brother a bunch of times (he’s an avid toker), but if I get too high I get paranoid. The last time I did it I felt good for like 10 minutes then I started feeling sleepy. But for some reason I got the idea that if I fell asleep I would die, so I kept freaking out in my head.

Mostly I rather stay sober and in control of my faculties; if I want to have a good time I don’t need alcohol/drugs, as cliched and lame as that probably sounds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom