• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which sport is the strangest?

Which sport is the strangest?

• Kick Volleyball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teqball

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Underwater Hockey

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Neither I’ll share my own choice in the comments

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

Fbh

Lol awesome thread. Didn't know about most of these.

To be honest I still find Baseball weird. Like so many of these are still essentially either "throw the thing to their side in a way they can return it before it hits the floor" or "get the thing to this location to score a point".

And baseball is like "hit the ball and them run really fast in a circle before they catch it and throw it back"

MastaKiiLA

Blind football. It's not strange because it's football. It's strange because they're blind. Bless them, they get to enjoy the beautiful game, but I can't imagine playing the game with only audio cues.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Okay so this is new to me: Netball.

I never knew this was a thing and why this exists when ultimate frisbee and… you know… BASKETBALL exist confuses me.

I like what one YouTube commenter said, “It’s the WNBA of the WNBA.” 😂😂😂

Still less traveling than a typical James Harden game.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Curling. They use some brooms to sweep the floor I guess to guide that disk or whatever. What a fucking weird sport.

Ryan Gosling Shut Up GIF

GymWolf

Calcio storico?! A mix between football, soccer and mma.

Yeah also carling, that shit must be the sport that nerds chose to get credits in high school.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sorry for the double post, but just thought of another one.

Slap fights.

Blind football. It's not strange because it's football. It's strange because they're blind. Bless them, they get to enjoy the beautiful game, but I can't imagine playing the game with only audio cues.
that actually seems interesting. i'd love to give that a try.

as for real blind players who play football. just because they are blind doesn't mean they can't see shit. loads of blind people play football. they have some degree of vision. i knew a blind girl who played competitively. if you stood in front of her she couldn't see you (just a shadow if the environment was bright) but she was able to play cause the white ball reflected enough light and was contrasted against the pitch well enough to make it out. other players on the team could "see" but shit was just really really blurry.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Winner.

---

AFL from Australia is pretty wild.. a sport made up to use cricket pitches in winter, the pitch can be 200m long and someone was clearly so pleased with himself that he figured out how to bounce an oval ball that he got it enshrined in the rules... And like they're the only people who need to run straight on to a kick to make it go straight lol

Tschumi

The masturbation world championship.

Foolproof doping: getting your wife to say filthy shit in a hidden earphone

New favourite thread this

Ballthyrm

Esport . Watching kids half or a third of your age must be weird .

Esports-scaled.jpg

Just Kidding ! I love Esport

If you've never played the game it ranks as strange really fast as it's almost impossible to understand what's going on without the commentary.

Kev Kev

And here I was about say “oh cricket, it’s definitely cricket”

lol, it is most definitely not cricket. I had no idea there were so many weird “sports” out there

Banned
well... is it forbidden to kick the ball in regular Volleyball? I think it isn't... pretty sure you can use any part of you body (yeah I'm somewhat of an expert... i watched Haikyuu) so in a way normal Volleyball is already kick volleyball and normal volleyball all in 1!

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

it's a solid looking sport, has players coming together, I feel like it's strange compared to the "normal" sports. I was surprised to see water polo.
Water Polo GIF by USC Trojans
Water Polo Maverick GIF by DUCKO
team usa wink GIF by Nickelodeon at Super Bowl
womens water polo ok GIF by Nickelodeon at Super Bowl
200.gif
Water Polo Vixen GIF by DUCKO

Top Bottom