• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which streaming service is your favorite?

Which service do you like best?

• Netflix

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • Disney+

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Hulu

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Crave

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Prime

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • HBO

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • CBS all access

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plex

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Apple tv

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trogdor1123

I think I hit all the major players. Which service does everyone like best? You can choose your own grounds.

Personally, I really like Prime and Netflix. Pretty me has really grown on me, lots of great shows but if I had to choose, I'd choose netflix (yes, I like lots of the original Netflix series... ).

Kagey K

Banned
The 4K selection on Disney+ is probably the best of all of them.
Disney Plus is good if you like the library and the 4K streaming is almost unmatched, and Prime Video (At least in Canada) has come into its own lately. It has a good mix of older stuff and then got some new stuff that never hit other services like Child’s Play (2019), Crawl, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, and Rambo Last Blood.

Netflix has dropped off a cliff lately and disappoints month after month lately. (again in Canada.)

Last edited:
HBO may not have the quantity of Netflix, but it sure as shit has more quality. They have a lot of big budget shows and put out a new blockbuster film every Saturday.

ManaByte

Gold Member
HBO may not have the quantity of Netflix, but it sure as shit has more quality. They have a lot of big budget shows and put out a new blockbuster film every Saturday.

They don't have the quantity right now. But next month? Holy shit.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I feel like Prime, recently.

Unlike the other major two, if there’s a month or so of no new content/trash content, well, I still have a basic music subscription, free digital books, free, fast shipping, etc. etc. etc.

It’s a little unfair to go outside of content, but it makes it feel like more of a good value to me.

TaySan

Banned
Hulu since i can get it dirt cheap from Black Friday. otherwise i prefer Youtube and watching physical media for movies instead.

Kacho

I’m a big horror movie fan so Shudder is my go to. They do a pretty decent job with content and I’m sure it’s easier because the service is so niche.

Kagey K

Banned
For me it's Crave+ because of all the HBO content.
I have Netflix and Crave+ for free because of a package Telus offered, but if I had to pay for them separately it would be Prime, Crave+ and drop Netflix.

Prime needs to up their game for discoverability and showing off the better stuff they have. It is by far the worst app for finding new things, and recommending stuff you like, but the library is very deep when you look.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Prime is the only one I pay for, and compared to Netflix I think it has a far better library for my tastes. I also like that I can add on some channels for a month or two if I want, I recently subbed the free month for MGM and Starz to watch a few things.

Kagey K

Banned
Are you implying something about the caliber of the people who post here?!? 🤔
I would never....

By the way if you have Prime it’s worth it just for The Shield or Justified.

They are both as good as Breaking Bad or The Wire (IMO)

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
YouTube TV came out of nowhere and if they desired they could make their own movies/tv series just like Netflix.

Yesmovies

Edit: Really though, I only subscribe to Shudder because I know my money is going towards something good (Creepshow).

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I've only done Disney, Netflix and Amazon Prime and while I thought Flix and Disney were good I really disliked the content on Prime.
This is PURELY a personal tastes thing mind you but I thought the Prime stuff was garbage and cancelled out after a week.

Is Shudder a legit catalog of horror movies? Like, almost all bases covered?
Not really, but they're getting better at it. They recently added the entire Friday the 13th series, for instance.

They do have a lot of classic horror movies though, as well as foreign horror. Good amount of arthouse/indie films too.

Oh, and you're an RLM fan: they have the uncut version of Tammy & the T-Rex :D

Qwell

Not really a subscription service but for me it's between VUDU and my Plex server. Got too sick of the fracturing of services and movies moving in / out of availability. So now I just buy everything on VUDU I like (over 1800 movies) so I don't have to put up with losing access.

Azurro

Banned
Since all these streaming services are trying to become a la carte cable, I'm just subscribed to Netflix and that's it.

mcjmetroid

Netflix 100% but in Ireland there aren't many viable options. Nobody I know has amazon prime but I got Disney plus as a deal with my brothers.

It's a bit shit to be honest content wise. Netflix has nothing to worry about yet.

xrnzaaas

I usually sub once a few months to catch up on my favorite shows. My most subbed service is Amazon - I watch Bosch, The Boys and Man in the High Castle among other shows.

I used to pay for an HBO GO subscription, but these days I only like Barry from their current lineup. No point in subscribing indefinitely for their older content and the quality of their streaming video can be quite terrible (not because of bandwidth limitations).

Sleepydays

Banned
I'm hoping Criterion picks up a little bit in terms of content, because thatd be my first choice.

Netflix is increasingly annoying: I would've thrown in the towel years ago, but it's free with t mobile. Prime has so much potential, bit the interface and filtering is dreadful.

Hulu can go take a fuck to themselves for that Clinton series they did: Kim Jung Il would've though that was a little too much.

Dark Star

Netflix is the best bang-for-your-buck. I can't imagine not having it.

Hulu has some good stuff, but I wouldn't miss it. Never tried Prime, but it has some shows I really need to watch.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Prime is without a doubt the best value I think, you're getting the Amazon site perks, Music, Prime Video, and they recently added some sort of access to read comics online which looks kind of cool but I haven't dug in yet really.

List is invalid. Amazon Prime is not on there.

Neither is Shudder or Tubi.tv

(edit) looked again, and Amazon is there, just called Prime. That is my vote

Last edited:
Top Bottom