• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who on GAF as the most expensive PC setup?

A.Romero

I know I have paid more than it's worth but because I can't enjoy the deals Americans get.

Still, nothing special. I haven't upgraded from a 3070.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I’d probably be up there due to how many revisions of my setup I go through and how many pump and rad swaps I’ve done and the fact I custom rebuild and 3d printed the whole interiorer of my i100pro itx case to fite dual 30mm rads.

Excuse the wiring, I'm in the middle of swapping out the res and pump.

5iFyA9R.jpg

AUocCGD.jpg

q5wv4Zs.png

CPU: 7950x w.Techn Block
GPU: 4090 FE with EK Block
Memory: 64gb of DDR5 G.skill running at 6400mhz
Mobo: Asus x670e-i

Last edited:

baphomet

The only actual fair way to calculate it would be tower only. If you start adding in random shit does that include the print farm in the garage? the 2 oled tvs the computer runs to? The rack servers? The actual $50,000 worth of studio recording gear?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I know my setup is worth almost 20000 CAD my wife would kill me if she knew hahahaa
Yeah, I always lie to my girlfriend about the price of the parts I got. 4090? Cost me just $500.

I know she wouldn't understand if I told her the real price.

Fredrik

$5k PC, no exaggeration. Insane inflation and Nvidia tax or whatever made the 4090 cost $2,339 at my area.

But I don’t think much about it tbh, already earned it back through the Nvidia stock this year and I’ve payed more for guitars.

I spent 400 dollars on my ram alone, and it was only 32gb, just a very fast kit. Feel a bit miffed 3 years later still on this part, but I've enjoyed my PC very much.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Why? What are you running.
First the desk Herman Miller Motia, chair HM Embody with atlas headrest. Monitors Alienware aw3423DW and aw2521h M&K wooting60he and Razer Viper mini signature , a Stream Deck, a custom scuf Xbox controller for sound a soundblaster X5 with senheiser 660s speaker Logitech g560, mic a blue don’t remember the model ,valve index full kit PC 7950x3D, 64 GB DDR5 6000 CL 32 mobo Asus 670E-E vid card 4090 zotac trinity OC 3X 2TB Samsung 990 pro

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I have a special 1000 foot duck egg replica made out of pure gold that my PC is physically attached to. I win.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
If we’re talking about worth and not necessarily cost, I have one of the 300 original Steam Machines shipped randomly from Valve, complete with wooden crate container and beta Steam controller. Someone once offered me $10,000 for it. 🤷‍♀️

OverHeat

« generous god »
If we’re talking about worth and not necessarily cost, I have one of the 300 original Steam Machines shipped randomly from Valve, complete with wooden crate container and beta Steam controller. Someone once offered me $10,000 for it. 🤷‍♀️
Pics?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
It’s currently packed away since I moved, but here are the pics I took when I received it. (Note, I don’t still have two. Valve accidentally sent me a second one, which I sent back to them.)

It’s, by far, the nicest PC case I have ever seen in my entire life. It’s made of beautifully machined steel, and the internals are masterfully engineered. I haven’t been able to find a PC case with even remotely as nice a form factor as this.

Sadly, because of how custom the case is, it’s not super feasible to change out parts. Though I did modify a GTX 1080 to fit in there at one point.

btvHFoX.jpg

nsdsSUk.jpg

IjWfWDq.jpg

B3PpgWe.jpg

tTURp45.jpg

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
It’s currently packed away since I moved, but here are the pics I took when I received it. (Note, I don’t still have two. Valve accidentally sent me a second one, which I sent back to them.)
btvHFoX.jpg
nsdsSUk.jpg
IjWfWDq.jpg
B3PpgWe.jpg
tTURp45.jpg
I said damn!!!! Did you get a titan with yours?

S0ULZB0URNE

It’s, by far, the nicest PC case I have ever seen in my entire life. It’s made of beautifully machined steel, and the internals are masterfully engineered. I haven’t been able to find a PC case with even remotely as nice a form factor as this.

Sadly, because of how custom the case is, it’s not super feasible to change out parts. Though I did modify a GTX 1080 to fit in there at one point.

btvHFoX.jpg
nsdsSUk.jpg
IjWfWDq.jpg
B3PpgWe.jpg
tTURp45.jpg
Is that a custom steam controller?
It looks different than the one I have.

Dacvak

To be honest, I think I might have been the only person who was intentionally selected to receive one (as opposed to the other 299 who were randomly chosen). But because of that, there was a bit a mess up on their end, and I got two haha.

I said damn!!!! Did you get a titan with yours?
I think got the 780 version (I think there were actually only a few that had the Titan), but I later shoved a 1080 in there.

Is that a custom steam controller?
It looks different than the one I have.
It’s the beta controller, before they put an analog stick or normal buttons on it. It was awful (and I gave Valve that feedback in great detail lol)

Last edited:

Garibaldi

The bloody water-cooling bits alone cost more than £1k on mine when you add in tools to DIY it all. Never again.

All in the tower was about 5k in Sept 2020. Monitors, desk, chair, eye tracking, speakers/headset, vr setup probably adds another 6-7k. Christ the keyboard was £200. Could have bought another motorbike.

EDIT: Shite totally forgot the controllers and such. Elite series 2 pad, PS5 pad, thrustmaster wheel fantec clubsport pedals, shifter and handbrake. Then some flight SIM stuff and pedals....such an expensive hobby.

Last edited:
Top Bottom