• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's watching 'The Best TV Shows That Never Were' on ABC tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well? It's on tonight, 8pm EST. Hour-long clip show of failed television pilots, most of them hilariously bad. You know it's going to be funny in a pathetic "who the hell thought up this crap" way.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I dunno, if they don't show the whole episodes, how will we know if they're good or not? I've seen Buffy's pilot and it's not all that great, and could be made even worst if only certain clips were shown. And look how that turned out.

explodet

They could take all the failed pilots ever made and make a new cable channel. "The Pilot Channel". See all the failed shows starring John Larroquette, Matt LeBlanc, or Mayim Bialik.

And we would laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

GG-Duo

so is this for good, failed shows... or bad, failed shows?

If I was someone at ABC, I would bust these specials out to raise interest in good failed tv series, then sell the DVD for said shows.

i guess all i'm saying is that i want a Cupid DVD set, bitches.

Bad, failed shows. Most definitely bad, failed shows. Amish aliens with William Shatner, cop shows with talking dogs, people in furry costumes pretending to be dogs, a murdered kid reincarnated as Truckasaurus, bionic Scott Bakula, a midget private detective, Thor and Daredevil, an American samurai crimefighter using his sword for everything except cutting people... Ugh, the list went on and on.

Kinda makes you wish some of those shows had made it on the air. :D

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
GG-Duo said:
so is this for good, failed shows... or bad, failed shows?

If I was someone at ABC, I would bust these specials out to raise interest in good failed tv series, then sell the DVD for said shows.

i guess all i'm saying is that i want a Cupid DVD set, bitches.

I really like Cupid and Fantasy Island... can't say I've watched ABC much since outside of monday nights. I really wanted some sort of closer with Cupid.

Spike Spiegel said:
Bad, failed shows. Most definitely bad, failed shows. Amish aliens with William Shatner, cop shows with talking dogs, people in furry costumes pretending to be dogs, a murdered kid reincarnated as Truckasaurus, bionic Scott Bakula, a midget private detective, Thor and Daredevil, an American samurai crimefighter using his sword for everything except cutting people... Ugh, the list went on and on.

Put those together in ONE show, and it would be the best thing ever. lol.

The cable network TRIO once had the a show like this. It was the best pilots that never made it.

The most fascinating one was they made a pilot for Fargo. Edie Falco played Marge Gunderson.

Ahh, so many shows to choose from... "Wishmaster" and "Fuzzbucket" were both pretty funny. Also the one where the guy's son got turned into a robot dinosaur.

I also liked the show where they downloaded a computer into the guy's brain. "We've downloaded 16 Mega-bytes into his brain!!".

shoplifter

Yeah, I nearly died when I heard the 16MB comment. I mean...that's ALL his brain could hold?

I actually remembered some of those shows. Chameleon could have actually been good.

Tool

Banned
FoneBone said:
Some of those ideas were so astonishingly bad that it's tough to believe that they even got made as pilots.

Hey FoneBone, any more contact with your roomie to be?

shoplifter said:
Yeah, I nearly died when I heard the 16MB comment. I mean...that's ALL his brain could hold?

I actually remembered some of those shows. Chameleon could have actually been good.

My working theory is that the guy could only hold 16MB because he was a "special person".

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Spike Spiegel said:
Bad, failed shows. Most definitely bad, failed shows. Amish aliens with William Shatner, cop shows with talking dogs, people in furry costumes pretending to be dogs, a murdered kid reincarnated as Truckasaurus, bionic Scott Bakula, a midget private detective, Thor and Daredevil, an American samurai crimefighter using his sword for everything except cutting people, a blonde schoolgirl called Buffy who fights vampires... Ugh, the list went on and on.

They all sound terrible.

The (or a) midget private detective did get a made for tv movie on Comedy Central. I watched part of it...Knee-High P.I. I think? It was about some guy stealing lawn jockeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom