• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do we never hear from Sony?

What I mean is that we often hear people from MS and Nintendo discussing the state of the industry etc but Sony always seem to remain quite. Is that a fair observation or do I just miss all of the interviews with Sony execs?

Chipopo

Banned
Sony's statements can usually be summed up like so:

"MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA.
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA"

Sony's winning so they don't need to make up excuses about how the industry is heading in a bad direction and how they'll try to fix it.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
the only comments i've seen from them recently was something akin to "devs shouldn't give up on the PS2 installed userbase so quickly".

I know EA made the same noise because from their PS2 early days they missed out on a lot of sales.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
We never hear from sony, what about yesterday's foul-mouthed outburst? Yeah everyone talks that way off the record, but that was by far the most awesome public statement I've seen a figurehead make in a long-ass time.

Dekajelly

david-sony.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
That's more to do with the state of Playstation than the state of the industry, though. But then, maybe people are right about Sony's arrogance and that comment *is* a comment on the state of the industry in their minds ;)

DCharlie

"BULLSHIT! WE STILL HAVE TO SELL PS2 FOR ANOTHER 5 YEARS TO BREAK EVEN ON THE INITIAL INVESTMENT!"

*runs*

DCharlie

They are already! I don't see anyone else investing millions in games and then canning them when they are nearly done! :)

it's reverse psychology - they'll let the shitty games through and can all the good ones.
Confuse the enemy! It's an awesome tactic.

How i cried when i saw TWO COPIES OF RALLISPORT STOCKED IN SHIBUYA today, but as many copies of Dronez as i could possibly want.

GigaDrive

Banned
because Sony is GOD, and doesnt need to speak much if at all.

MS and Nintendo need to squak and chirp like nervous school girls.

[/MS/Nintendo bashing mode off]

WTF are you people talking about? Sony constantly rattles about their technology in development. Just because it's 99% hype and 1% reality doesn't mean they don't do it. It's just the type of talk that, if you're not a fanboy with his head stuck of Sony's *ass, is comedic gold for the absurdity. Heck, according to Sony's state of the industry talk, we should all have broadband with 1000000000MB downloads by now.

Once again, that's not Sony commenting on the industry it's them talking about what they're going to do with their systems. What the original poster was talking was how Nintendo and MS will talk about the violence in gaming and other problems that might exist. Sony never comments on any of the stuff.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
ravingloon said:
WTF are you people talking about? Sony constantly rattles about their technology in development. Just because it's 99% hype and 1% reality doesn't mean they don't do it. It's just the type of talk that, if you're not a fanboy with his head stuck of Sony's *ass, is comedic gold for the absurdity. Heck, according to Sony's state of the industry talk, we should all have broadband with 1000000000MB downloads by now.

Your nick fits perfectly.

SolidSnakex said:
Sony's winning so they don't need to make up excuses about how the industry is heading in a bad direction and how they'll try to fix it.

Bingo

Chipopo said:
Sony's statements can usually be summed up like so:

"MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA.
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA"

:lol

FnordChan

Bessie_Gittlestein2.jpg

"You never write, you never call, and then you expect me to keep sending you money, just like that? I'm not an ATM, you know. Would it kill you to visit occasionally? When are you going to settle down, hmmm?"

FnordChan

Ranger X

When you're small, you have to cry louder to get noticed. Simple logic i guess.
If you're small and don't say nothing or don't push your marketing to new heights, how are you supposed to get your situation better?...

And everybody knows that game X is coming out on the PS2, everybody is having a PS2 and blablabla and blablabla. What's the need to talk about Sony?? -- we all know what there's to know with them. But watch if Microsoft and/or Nintendo launch before them next gen and get the crowd on their side... You're going to be DROWNED in Sony news and Ps3 stuff...

shpankey

not an idiot
Basically because Sony has already won this generation. There's just not much to talk about. I'd imagine inhouse they are really focusing on winning the next generation, they know it will be a much MUCH harder fight than this one. If Microsoft and Nintendo team up (rumor) then it could be one hell of a battle. I'm sure they are preparing for the worst.

WarPig

sp0rsk said:
this game actually came out? it was announced before the dreamcast came out you know.

DroneZ has been around in some form or another for close to six years. It was a PC game, it was a Dreamcast game, it was a PC game again when the GeForce 3 launched, and then it was an Xbox game. The reason it's out in Japan is that it somehow found a publisher there, whereas it hasn't found anyone to release it in North America (Metro3D was bringing it out at one point, but that seems to have fallen through). I've played what purports to be a complete or near-complete Xbox version, and it is not very much fun.

DFS.

Top Bottom