• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will CDPR deliver?

How many features will actually make it into Cyberpunk?

Votes: 18 26.9%

Votes: 7 10.4%

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • None

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters

Roni

Gold Member
Alright, it's been months. Cyberpunk is a little over 2 years old now and the DLC is rumored to be released in 2023 and the base game has been patched considerably.

However, three big features are yet to come, maybe with a patch or with the DLC...

Those are a new police system, vehicle combat and a new melee combat system. How many of those do you think we actually get? What's the level of faith around GAF?

L*][*N*K

Banned
I don’t see why not, the game was released in a sorry state but they did make a lot of effort fixing it, successfully I may say, so I don’t see why wouldn’t add those as well?

Vblad88

They will probably deliver these, but I don't like the approach at all. They did it the same with Witcher 3 menu UI at some point (totally rebuilt it), and I simply hated the fact. It is like admitting that they had no clear vision how to approach a part of the game. Same thing happened to barebobes No Man Sky, it was so badly received, that overhaul patch had to reset the progress from the 1.0 version. I would understand that approach in a GaaS. But for the single player game? Yuck...

KungFucius

King Snowflake
My 4090 is waiting for the overdrive rt patch.

We'll see what else they patch in at the same time
Basically. I should have waited to get one since nothing else really stressed it so far. This game is the Crysis of the early 2020s. I hope their next game is similar since everyone is just making console ports.

Also the game was great on a 3090 in early 2021. Minor bugs, not perfect, but engaging. The bugs were less ridiculous than most big Bethesda RPGs are.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'd recon vehicle customization is a far more important feature they omitted from the base game and really should be included in the DLC.

Clearly a fan of Anthem aka game is shit and broken, we got your money, fuck off.

What’s wrong with them improving the game that was badly received?
They knew the game was fucked and they released it anyway, and spend the next two years fixing a single player game that everyone who had bought it with the intent to play had finished long, long ago.
What's wrong? Releasing a broken game and not fixing anything is wrong, releasing a game so broken it took two years to fix the basics is also wrong. It ain't one or the other.

They will probably deliver these, but I don't like the approach at all. They did it the same with Witcher 3 menu UI at some point (totally rebuilt it), and I simply hated the fact. It is like admitting that they had no clear vision how to approach a part of the game. Same thing happened to barebobes No Man Sky, it was so badly received, that overhaul patch had to reset the progress from the 1.0 version. I would understand that approach in a GaaS. But for the single player game? Yuck...
The original menu in W3 was terrible though.

What annoyed me was the changing of the start screen. Originally it had amazing pumping music then it became a crackling bonfire. Wtf. And thinking about it, there was a change before that, too, but I don’t remember the details.

Last edited:

kicker

Banned
Clearly a fan of Anthem aka game is shit and broken, we got your money, fuck off.

What’s wrong with them improving the game that was badly received?
What improvement? Two whole years later and people are still waiting for proper melee combat, a working police system, proper vehicles and so on.

BMbCGmr.jpg

7LFws1N.jpg

Anyone who trusts this company's word, or even considers preordering anything from them again has no right to ever complain about the state of games in this industry.

They banked on the goodwill from TW3 to lie about the state of the game and its features, rush it out, start patching it because they knew they would never make another game if they left cp in its launch state, and they're still banking on that same goodwill since people expect great dlc from them since TW3.

I know it's easy to forget, and good marketing will make the majority of non-enthusiast people buy games without consideration, but there is no excuse for people who follow the industry to still be defending this company.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
CDPR is actually one of the shining examples of a team that keeps updating their SP games even after all the sales are done, and said games keep getting better.

If they could deliver Raytracing into The Witcher 3, they have my full faith to implement these 3 features into Cyberpunk.

I expect when the DLC drops and these features arrive Cyberpunk sales to have a massive jump again it get back on the most played list on Xbox and Steam.

I really wish Sony would do a most played list, its so weird they dont.

TastyPastry

i wonder if they will use the expansion as an opportunity to make the core game better. make the city more alive with side activities, a gang system and stuff like that. that's my hope at least

What improvement? Two whole years later and people are still waiting for proper melee combat, a working police system, proper vehicles and so on.

BMbCGmr.jpg

7LFws1N.jpg

Anyone who trusts this company's word, or even considers preordering anything from them again has no right to ever complain about the state of games in this industry.

They banked on the goodwill from TW3 to lie about the state of the game and its features, rush it out, start patching it because they knew they would never make another game if they left cp in its launch state, and they're still banking on that same goodwill since people expect great dlc from them since TW3.

I know it's easy to forget, and good marketing will make the majority of non-enthusiast people buy games without consideration, but there is no excuse for people who follow the industry to still be defending this company.

Well said!

GymWolf

The game is still an unbalanced cakewalk, they should fix core elements of the game before adding features...

This game is a rare case of being simultaneously an masterpiece in many regards and trash in others. Nevertlheless they are commited to fixing it which is good. Rumors that the production started from the scratch somewhere in 2017 are propably true, so they had really short development time thanks to shit managment ands scratching earlier versions. Which means that cd projekt still have potential to deliver witcher 3 level product with enough time and good projekt managment. Still, im not giving up on them

Mokus

These features are going to be delivered as an exclusive on a PS5 Pro (and who knows, Xbox Series XXX).

CGNoire

E

interactions with the police are as minimal as they are with city guards in W3 - I honestly don’t see why it’s such an issue.

What the game NEEDs are Trauma Team side missions and more life in the city.
Im not 100% how bad it is just that for me if ya break the law there should be a emergent reaction. Shit looks so lifeless :(

Braag

New melee combat? It's almost always janky in 1st person but would be cool if we got some new melee finishers and combos.

Hard to say about vehicle combat, the new game director hinted that they're revamping the police system and making Max-Tac a very big threat. I played through the game twice and never got involved with the cops so to me it wasn't such a big issue.
All I want is more story content but would be cool if they added some new features.

Im not 100% how bad it is just that for me if ya break the law there should be a emergent reaction. Shit looks so lifeless :(
You break the law = you die. Don’t get me wrong, a GTA style chase/shootout would be wicked, it’s just not a situation I ever found myself falling into through two playthroughs.

The city isn’t entirely lifeless. If you do all the tiny side missions and read all emails, info shards, item descriptions, and stop and listen to convos from pedestrians you’ll get a sense of stories and drama happening just out of your sight.

What kills it are the millions of locked doors, empty interiors, fading NPCs, distant cars obviously being 2D sprites, limited convos with food vendors etc.

It’s still up there with Novigrad as one of the greatest videogame cities, though. The level of detail and clear thought that has gone into what is there is truly astounding.

Last edited:
How are you kids still obsessed with the fucking police? Holy shit, what the fuck do they add to the game? Nothing. This aint fighting the police simulator my guy. Get some mods if you want some ridiculous stupid shit. New melee system? Da fuq? That would require a huge amount of rework that would take years. Aint going to happen. Vehicle combat? Wat

CGNoire

What kills it are the millions of locked doors, empty interiors, fading NPCs, distant cars obviously being 2D sprites, limited convos with food vendors etc.
Yikes shit sounds scary.

I really wish Rockstar would tackle Flying car Cyberpunk since there the only ones with the expertise and the budget to fund a project like this well. I always new CDPR would fumble this. For all the success they have had with the Witcher CDPR have always been Euro Jank.

CGNoire

How are you kids still obsessed with the fucking police? Holy shit, what the fuck do they add to the game? Nothing. This aint fighting the police simulator my guy. Get some mods if you want some ridiculous stupid shit. New melee system? Da fuq? That would require a huge amount of rework that would take years. Aint going to happen. Vehicle combat? Wat
What do you want?

What do you want?
A bit late to want anything. The game is done. The expansion will only come with a new zone, new story, prolly new guns and some new skills and thats it. Nothing major is gonna get changed to the base game. Its too late for them to fix the paths you choose having an impact, too late for them to add more explorable buildings. more side quests, more impactful choices, better animations and whatnot. The less you expect from CDPR the better and this is coming from someone who considers Cp2077 one of my top 10 games of all times.

Last edited:
A bit late to want anything. The game is done. The expansion will only come with a new zone, new story, prolly new guns and some new skills and thats it. Nothing major is gonna get changed to the base game. Its too late for them to fix the paths you choose having an impact, too late for them to add more explorable buildings. more side quests, more impactful choices, better animations and whatnot. The less you expect from CDPR the better and this is coming from someone who considers Cp2077 one of my top 10 games of all times.
More side quests? Breh it already takes like 120 hours to do every quest in the game!

At least CDPR fixes their games unlike Bethesda.

I had fun playing it once all the patches came out. Sucked for those who pre-ordered it I'm sure.

Having played the game, the police system is kinda redundant.

I'd rather they spend the time expanding the arsenal, adding more vehicles, side mission content, and a whole new expansion campaign.

Doing all the quests and gigs would take you at least 100 hours.
Again, I was talking about the side quests in my original post. Not side activities, not gigs and no, doing the main and all the side quests does not take you 100 hours. I've played the game twice and I have 170hours and in both playthroughs I've done almost half of the gigs and cop shit and activities and all the side quests.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Again, I was talking about the side quests in my original post. Not side activities, not gigs and no, doing the main and all the side quests does not take you 100 hours. I've played the game twice and I have 170hours and in both playthroughs I've done almost half of the gigs and cop shit and activities and all the side quests.
I'm not including NCPD hustlers, and gigs are basically side-quest with context, with their own narrative and even capable of affecting other quests and side-quests, i don't know why exclude them from the game's "meaningful" content.

Well, i guess it could take less if you keep fast traveling all over the place and rushing through everything.

Last edited:
I'm not including NCPD hustlers, and gigs are basically side-quest with context, with their own narrative and even capable of affecting other quests and side-quests, i don't know why exclude them from the game's "meaningful" content.

Well, i guess it could take less if you keep fast traveling all over the place and rushing through everything.

Gigs hardly matter and they last like 5-10 minutes each. No they do not impact anything in the game at all. I think maybe theres one or two that matter. Side-quests are heavily narrative focus with some choices involved such as the cop one. Comparing gigs with the side-quests is like comparing a turd to chocolate. Also my main post had nothing to do with what we're talking about. I was merely stating that its too late for them to add meaningful side stuff to the base game, and by side stuff I am again talking about the side-quests, not the stupid gigs, not the cop alerts and by too late, I am ofc saying that they wont because they're already working on the sequel. They wont change anything with the paths, anything with the choices having almost no impact on the main story, they wont do shit to the base game anymore. Expansion is all we're getting. I am 100%.

Last edited:

Mayar

Neo Member
Most of the people who worked on the first games of this company left it. In fact, at the moment, none of the old employees are left there, one of the reasons why it was actually decided to make a new part of the witcher on the Unreal engine is due to the fact that the people who created and worked on the RED engine are no longer in the company. From here come the problems with Cyberpunk patches, and what can we talk about if they couldn’t even make a remaster of The Witcher 3, only recently they released patch 4.02 which broke the game again.

mrmustard

Banned
I hope they will do a better balancing. The game was much too easy. One nade could almost kill a complete camp without skilling every nade perk.

zeroluck

If I can't shoot down MaxTac airships with a grenade launcher on my vehicle during a police chase I will be disappointed.

My 4090 is waiting for the overdrive rt patch.

We'll see what else they patch in at the same time
Mine too but honestly I'm going to have a hard time giving up the performance I have now without Overdrive mode. With DLSS 3 engaged I'm getting a locked 138 fps and man does it look and feel great. I'd say input lag feels like 100-120 fps and visually it looks indistinguishable from real 138. All the while my CPU and GPU are pretty much sipping power and running nice and cool to deliver that.

Then along will come Overdrive and I'll be very tempted to see try it. I'm sure it'll look gorgeous and run like hot caca. You have to realize what it'll be doing, effectively path tracing like what Portal RTX does, think about how bad that runs even on a 4090, and now imagine scaling up the workload from simple corridors and rooms with no sunlight and very few objects, to a massive open world with dynamic day and night cycle, weather, thousands of neon signs and billboards, cars with headlights and taillights, street lamps, all the shops and vendors, etc etc. It's going to bring the 4090 down to its knees. But fuck will it look good.

My only concern is if it will truly run that awfully and use the same technology at Portal RTX then that means shadows will be smeary messes whenever something is moving like cars or pedestrians. Load up Portal and look at your shadow on the ground when you stand still vs strafing side to side. It becomes a soupy mess. I'm guessing they're running into problems like this and trying to sort it out as best they can before sending it off to the public. Really curious to see what they show later at GDC next week.

Top Bottom