• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will CDPR deliver?

How many features will actually make it into Cyberpunk?

Votes: 18 26.9%

Votes: 7 10.4%

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • None

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters

Metnut

I really hope they don’t waste any time on police or vehicle systems. Just focus on making awesome story DLC with great scenarios and some cool side quests.

Alright, it's been months. Cyberpunk is a little over 2 years old now and the DLC is rumored to be released in 2023 and the base game has been patched considerably.

However, three big features are yet to come, maybe with a patch or with the DLC...

Those are a new police system, vehicle combat and a new melee combat system. How many of those do you think we actually get? What's the level of faith around GAF?
Sadly I don't belive them anything anymore.

I will gladly wait for their next games to release and read & watch reviews before I buy anything from them again.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Still waiting on cop chases and a working train. Though credit where its due, they made cyberpunk one of my favorite games of all time, and i was livid at the state it was in for a good year and a half. Doesn’t change the fact that it should have launched in a good place to begin with

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
i wonder if they will use the expansion as an opportunity to make the core game better. make the city more alive with side activities, a gang system and stuff like that. that's my hope at least
My thoughts exactly, not gonna lie: I sometimes fear vehicle combat will somehow only happen within the new zone, for example. I expect to be chased around all of Night City. Hopefully that's not too much for the team to handle...

game is not that innovative they simply missed the chance..
Innovative in comparison to what exactly?

Personally, maybe im in bizarro world, but the old school, half life 2, bioshock (1), witcher 3 loving motherfucker in me saw that cyberpunk was one of the few titles out that actually had some ambition in comparison to its contemporaries.

CDPR open worlds are meant to be compared to say...fallout 4 or Skyrim or mass effect.

Thats essentially what they are, not rockstar games that have a different sandbox emphasis, where police chases are integral to the game.

As an older gamer, who will directly compare the quests of cyberpunk to say the quests in souls and bethesda games...and its no contest. CDPR is outclassing them in that department just like the witcher 3 did to skyrim.

When it comes to Melee and gun combat...i mean compare that to a fallout game and...CDPR did it better, I cant do slides, dashes, etc in fallout. So in comparison to other first person RPG's in my mind CDPR did really well.

So I always felt I was in bizarro world when it came to cyberpunk 2077. It was a CDPR game with quests on the same level of the witcher 3 and better combat than the witcher 3 especially when you compare it to fallout and Skyrim, which is what its supposed to be compared to.

Cyberpunk fiasco was a very strange time in the industry to me, felt like one dev was being held to a wayyyy higher standard than everyone else.

Like people are atill excited for starfield when bethesda has been fucking up for a while and got completely outclassed by CDPR in the witcher. They havent even shown gameplay or questlines lol just weird.

Denton

New melee combat system, where did they promise that?

Anyway, personally I don't really care about any of these, I am more interested in story and quests. Those need to be good.

Personally, maybe im in bizarro world, but the old school, half life 2, bioshock (1), witcher 3 loving motherfucker in me saw that cyberpunk was one of the few titles out that actually had some ambition in comparison to its contemporaries.

CDPR open worlds are meant to be compared to say...fallout 4 or Skyrim or mass effect.

Thats essentially what they are, not rockstar games that have a different sandbox emphasis, where police chases are integral to the game.

As an older gamer, who will directly compare the quests of cyberpunk to say the quests in souls and bethesda games...and its no contest. CDPR is outclassing them in that department just like the witcher 3 did to skyrim.

When it comes to Melee and gun combat...i mean compare that to a fallout game and...CDPR did it better, I cant do slides, dashes, etc in fallout. So in comparison to other first person RPG's in my mind CDPR did really well.

So I always felt I was in bizarro world when it came to cyberpunk 2077. It was a CDPR game with quests on the same level of the witcher 3 and better combat than the witcher 3 especially when you compare it to fallout and Skyrim, which is what its supposed to be compared to.

Cyberpunk fiasco was a very strange time in the industry to me, felt like one dev was being held to a wayyyy higher standard than everyone else.

Like people are atill excited for starfield when bethesda has been fucking up for a while and got completely outclassed by CDPR in the witcher. They havent even shown gameplay or questlines lol just weird.
I agree.

The way people take the game not delivering some features so personally is just bizarre to me.

The writing in just one quest alone, when you are with the joytoy doll on the bed, is better than any non-CDPR game out there.

The quests and writing are top tier. The only game company around that hires incredible writers.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member

Well said, when it comes down to it there's no one integrating all these systems in a setting like cyberpunk...

New melee combat system, where did they promise that?

Anyway, personally I don't really care about any of these, I am more interested in story and quests. Those need to be good.

They mentioned it in their last big stream, @ 19:49

Top Bottom