• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will they give the strap to Orton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Ugg.. I can feel it coming.. Benoit has held the strap since March he is way overdue to lose it.. they have been moving towards destroying evolution in any case.. and they pulled the IC belt off of Orton for what seemed like no reason at all.. beating Orton does nothing at all for Benoit, but would put Orton over in a huge way.. there is no good reason to set this match up and have Orton walk away empty handed.

I just really cannot believe that THIS is going to headline Summerslam... unless they go with Taker/JBL which is a trainwreck waiting to happen (JBL has been decent lately, but Eddy has been carrying him in ring). Maybe Gurerro/Angle will be the Main Event, because that IS going to be the MOTY.

all signs are pointing to him grabbing the strap.. between him and JBL the WWE is entering a real dark age :(

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Oh man, I don't know how I feel about this. Yes, he's made great strides over the past year, but I'd argue that his stablemate, Batista, has done just as well without anywhere near the camera or mic time. Personally, I'd LOVE to see the belt back on Jericho, without any dog/Stephanie-related interference this time - he's personable, got charisma up the ying-yang, can promo heel or face like nobody's business, and would bring a lot of personality to the belt. No offense to Benoit.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Jericho would be a good choice.. one that I could live with.. Im just really torn... Orton has become decent with the mic and decent in ring.. but all the same, he screams midcard at me.

As far as Benoit goes: his in ring work is outstanding.. but he cant cut a promo for his life. He hasnt built up any heat for any of his matches.. the heat for the triple threat matches was all built up by HBK and HHH, Kane was just stupid, and this time Eugene/HHH built up most of the heat...

Double Edit: Dave Batista has been really coming on lately.. when he went toe to toe with Kane tonight there was actual energy there.. his in ring presence and work have come lightyears in the last few months... I think he gets an IC push very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom