• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Nah, I didn't lose it at all. I'm just too busy to really care right now. It's silly season at work, just like every year around this time. I mean, it's 11 pm and I'm still posting from work. I couldn't care less about any market share, phones, video games or console wars. :lol

Work? work?!?

What kind of shit excuse is that when you should be preparing OT4?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Work? work?!?

What kind of shit excuse is that when you should be preparing OT4?

Seriously, brot needs to stop dicking around at work and put together the frickin OT already.

Also, I agree with maeh that, at least in the US, the Moto G is not competition for the 520. It's twice the price here, and when you are shopping low budget phones, that's a huge difference.

hadareud

The Translator
Nah, I didn't lose it at all. I'm just too busy to really care right now. It's silly season at work, just like every year around this time. I mean, it's 11 pm and I'm still posting from work. I couldn't care less about any market share, phones, video games or console wars. :lol

Are you an elf?

So after the latest update, 6snap won't even download the pics it refuses to display. It goes from "Tap to download" to "Downloading" to "Tap to download".

n64coder

And the more expensive Windows Phones don't sell. Here's the 1020 not selling: http://wmpoweruser.com/nokia-lumia-1020-fails-to-gain-traction/

You can only get the 1020 if you get a plan with ATT. I'm on a pre-paid aiowireless plan so it's not available to me.

When does the ATT exclusivity deal ends for the 1020?

I have the Lumia 620 that is running GDR 1. It looks like I'm out of space on the phone memory (Other has 2.8GB of space used) which would be resolved by GDR 3. If I do phone update, I don't see it available and the AIO support person doesn't have any details on when it'll be ready. So if I want GDR 3, I guess I need to install it myself. How risky/difficult would this be for me? Is there a risk that my phone will stop working with AIO wireless?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
There have to be better photo sharing services than instagram. Its getting like Facebook, where most of the posts are "inspirational" quotes or memes rather than user pictures. Its also a lot easier to spam. At least facebook sorts pictures and even groups them together when they are uploaded in bunches, but instagram just lays them all out sequentially, so when someone posts like 15 pictures back to back, I have to scroll past them all.

There have to be better photo sharing services than instagram. Its getting like Facebook, where most of the posts are "inspirational" quotes or memes rather than user pictures. Its also a lot easier to spam. At least facebook sorts pictures and even groups them together when they are uploaded in bunches, but instagram just lays them all out sequentially, so when someone posts like 15 pictures back to back, I have to scroll past them all.

150M+ users can't be wrong. There's nothing better than Instagram.

I'm pretty impressed with my 520 (first smartphone). The screen's a fingerprint magnet, but other than that I have no complaints so far.
Posting LIVE from the toilet for the first time

Milchjon

Just unfollow.

Since there's no friend request stuff, I'm a lot quicker to follow/unfollow if someone uses Instagram in a way that pisses me off. Kinda like on Twitter.

flippedb

Banned
I'm pretty impressed with my 520 (first smartphone). The screen's a fingerprint magnet, but other than that I have no complaints so far.
Posting LIVE from the toilet for the first time

Imagine how impressed you would be with a device that actually had apps.

kharma45

From doing lots of low light photography tonight, I wish I had a Pureview Lumia again :( videos came out fine on my 620 but photos are tripe :lol Still, I guess that's what I have my DSLR for but it is a bulky bastard.

Fox Mulder

I always find these comments asinine.

With nearly a quarter million apps, there is only so many a person can use.

it's somewhere between no apps and good enough. There's some official apps I'd love like dropbox. The eBay app is goddamn garbage compared to the ios/android versions. Selling anything through it is a pain in the ass, you can't even revise your item.

There's some good Windows Phone talk on this weeks Verge Mobile Show. And they're not even overly negative or use much hyperbole (unlike the regular Vergecast).

maeh2k

it's somewhere between no apps and good enough. There's some official apps I'd love like dropbox. The eBay app is goddamn garbage compared to the ios/android versions. Selling anything through it is a pain in the ass, you can't even revise your item.

Maybe I haven't adjusted to the whole app thing just yet, but selling stuff over ebay using just your phone seems ridiculous to me. Browsing ebay? Sure. Buying something? Maybe. Doing anything more substantial? Hell no. That takes a real PC with a real browser.

Fox Mulder

Maybe I haven't adjusted to the whole app thing just yet, but selling stuff over ebay using just your phone seems ridiculous to me. Browsing ebay? Sure. Buying something? Maybe. Doing anything more substantial? Hell no. That takes a real PC with a real browser.

my underground internet line got cut by morons, so I'm without internet until god knows when, especially with it being a holiday weekend.

I've never had an issue selling on eBay with my iPad or android phone, the WP app is just so barebones like they didn't give a shit. The mobile site is useless, and the full site barely works in the browser.

At least the app is getting awful reviews, so maybe eBay will fix it sometime.

Milchjon

Tom Warren says Project Spark will be a "gamechanger" for Xbone and Windows 8.1.

Not sure I can see it yet.

Yes, I'm posting this in here as I have no idea where else to put it and I'm not gonna make a thread for it.

MCD

Tom Warren says Project Spark will be a "gamechanger" for Xbone and Windows 8.1.

Not sure I can see it yet.

Yes, I'm posting this in here as I have no idea where else to put it and I'm not gonna make a thread for it.

It's very innovative but I have yet to see any marketing for it.

It should have been installed day one on X1 and every Windows 8.1 device.

PG2G

I think they'll probably push the marketing some once there is some good user generated content to show off. Seems like their threads and live streams are focused on the creators for now.

I don't really expect it to be too big though. Did little big planet ever take off?

Milchjon

I think it might be too complicated to be a Minecraft-like success.

I personally love the idea of Kinect mo-capping though.

Of course there's also the fact that it's kinda ugly.

nilbog21

Banned
Holy shit is there any decent news app on windows mobile? Does anyone with a windows phone care about the news??? The tile options are always so shitty, or is this OS just dead??

Vito

Banned
Welp, dropped my 920 trying to turn off the alarm in the morning. My fault since I had it on a shitty plastic bag. Survived with a small near invisible dent but I still feel bad.

I did look into replacement shells but damn at 50+ euros for an original...

maeh2k

Welp, dropped my 920 trying to turn off the alarm in the morning. My fault since I had it on a shitty plastic bag. Survived with a small near invisible dent but I still feel bad.

I did look into replacement shells but damn at 50+ euros for an original...

Don't worry about small dents as long as the screen is intact. If you care that much about the dent, maybe consider a protective case like a flip case which also covers the screen.

Don't know if many know this but YouTube on Xbox 360 now allows you to pair your mobile device so now you can use your phone to "cast" to your 360 with ease. Pretty much gives your Windows Phone YouTube chromecast capabilities.

this_guy

Holy shit is there any decent news app on windows mobile? Does anyone with a windows phone care about the news??? The tile options are always so shitty, or is this OS just dead??

I use Fuse. It's an RSS reader and similar to Pulse newsreader which I used on Android and when I had an iPad.

Don't know if many know this but YouTube on Xbox 360 now allows you to pair your mobile device so now you can use your phone to "cast" to your 360 with ease. Pretty much gives your Windows Phone YouTube chromecast capabilities.

Dont you need the official app for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom