• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With Few Wins in Congress, Republicans Agree on Need to Agree

All they need to do is ignore Trump and McConnell and they'll do fine.

McConnell is a pure obstructionist and Trump is just a belligerent asshole.

Once you get beyond those two toxic pieces of shit, it's not too bad out there. They need to stop pushing this party line shit and just look at what's right in front of them.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
All they need to do is ignore Trump and McConnell and they'll do fine.

McConnell is a pure obstructionist and Trump is just a belligerent asshole.

Once you get beyond those two toxic pieces of shit, it's not too bad out there. They need to stop pushing this party line shit and just look at what's right in front of them.

Not quite so simple when you also have the tea party caucus of 30+ House seats(as current I believe) headed by Mark Meadows, whose targeted purpose is pretty much sideline and topple as much federal spending as possible.

Not that they can't be overrun in voting power if enough sensible Republicans cater to negotiation, but they will present a very real challenge to any attempts to improve the ACA at the House level.

We can go bipartisan if we can add two Supreme Court justices. Garland would be one of them, and then an additional one to override Gorsuch and restore the balance.

Then we'll talk.

commedieu

Banned
Passing a healthcare bill that covers less people is more harmful than passing no healthcare bill.

I'm not advocating for a bill that covers less people. I do think you can compromise on less than no bill, which they are trying to creatively defund, which will end up in less coverage. Put in riders for funding of the program, and other things to creatively boost the plan.

I see where the desire to tell them to pound it sideways comes from. I just fear they will do more damage to our society without any compromise, in the long run. Meanwhile, other nations economies, life expectancies, upward mobility, will cruise ahead of ours.

The alternative: paying our government billions to not function, witrout any sensible input. It's the problem with our 2 party system. One wants to literally kill people. One kills people too, but not in as bad of a way as the gop. So with that on the table, there is an acceptable % of a broken justice system. Which has been the case for all presidents. Fucking poor people. Bloated military, erosion of privacy, Etc.

Time will tell. It's not a happy compromise. But that's sort of the point. Compromise and taken control later.

Top Bottom