• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 0825-2717 - Guys & doll cut dancer off at knees, Hawkeye & Wanda team up meh

Having a press showing for Borg/McEnroe tomorrow evening so expect impressions to come out before the film festival showing later this week.

kswiston

Weekend 3-day Estimates:

1) Hitman's Bodyguard - $10.3M - $55M total
2) Annabelle Creation - $7.3M - $89M total
3) Wind River - $5.9M - $18M total
4) Leap! - $4.9M - $11M total
5) Logan Lucky - $4.1M - $24M total
6) Dunkirk - $4.1M - $179M total
7) Spider-Man Homecoming - $3.7M - $324M total
8) The Emoji Movie - $2.5M - $80M total
9) Despicable Me 3 - $2.4M - $258M total
10) Girls Trip - $2.3M - $112M total

Wonder Woman passed Civil War. Will pass Iron Man 3 in days to be top five comic movie domestic, and #3 highest solo.. after Batman and Batman.

Interestingly, it release on digital and lost theaters, yet it's up from last week.

Why no numbers for Inhumans yet?

Penguin

Wonder Woman passed Civil War. Will pass Iron Man 3 in days to be top five comic movie domestic, and #3 highest solo.. after Batman and Batman.

Interestingly, it release on digital and lost theaters, yet it's up from last week.

Why no numbers for Inhumans yet?
Seems like 1.21 million is Number folks going with for inhumans

GhaleonEB

Interestingly, it release on digital and lost theaters, yet it's up from last week
I love how it's just plugging along, no fucks given. Really reminds me of Zootopia's run from last year.

I'm actually angry at how fucked the T2 reissue was handled. It's a stunning conversion and with a tiny push and non-exclusive theater strategy could have done well. It landed right in a vacuum.

kmfdmpig

Weekend 3-day Estimates:

1) Hitman's Bodyguard - $10.3M - $55M total
2) Annabelle Creation - $7.3M - $89M total
3) Wind River - $5.9M - $18M total
4) Leap! - $4.9M - $11M total
5) Logan Lucky - $4.1M - $24M total
6) Dunkirk - $4.1M - $179M total
7) Spider-Man Homecoming - $3.7M - $324M total
8) The Emoji Movie - $2.5M - $80M total
9) Despicable Me 3 - $2.4M - $258M total
10) Girls Trip - $2.3M - $112M total
That is a brutal weekend. I'm not sure that I'd want to be a movie exec now. Sequels, original movies, and YA adaptations are all struggling recently.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So in BOGAF meta numbers, it looks like we've topped 500 posts for every thread since The Promise's first weekend (April 21st for those who don't remember when that was). Seeing as the past couple weeks might have been the deadest the BO will get for the rest of the year, I wonder if we can keep this trend up all the way through December?

I think there is enough fuel for the fire once IT comes out. That might be record breaking, so lots to dissect there. Then we got Kingsman at the end of the month (which might only open a few million ahead of the first), various Oscar bait sprinkled around too. October will be Blade Runner Hot Take Month. November will just be endless fuckery with Thor and Justice League. Those numbers will sustain us for years lol

kswiston

Terminator 2 in 3D fell 70% from last weekend

Edit: Mojo added Inhumans on the weekend chart. A commanding #18 on the second worst weekend of the year.

I love how it's just plugging along, no fucks given. Really reminds me of Zootopia's run from last year.

I'm actually angry at how fucked the T2 reissue was handled. It's a stunning conversion and with a tiny push and non-exclusive theater strategy could have done well. It landed right in a vacuum.

It's strange to think they put in decent work for T2 3D, yet it opened at fewer than half the screens as Close Encounters Of The Third Kind's re-release. There wasn't much of an opportunity to see it.

I'll add that by overtaking Iron Man 3, Wonder Woman is also placed in the top 20 domestic earners.. for the short period until Star Wars 8 anyway.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Anyone want to make a WW>IM or Inhumans The Worst MCU Opening thread?

Pretty insane that Wonder Woman passed pseudo Avengers and is going to pass iron man 3. Litterally only the dark knight films and the avengers will be above it outside of JL if it does that well.

kswiston

So in BOGAF meta numbers, it looks like we've topped 500 posts for every thread since The Promise's first weekend (April 21st for those who don't remember when that was). Seeing as the past couple weeks might have been the deadest the BO will get for the rest of the year, I wonder if we can keep this trend up all the way through December?

I think that there will be a good amount of stuff to talk about in September (IT, Kingsman, Ninjago, Homecoming entering China and making a run for #2 worldwide this summer), but there are some slow weeks in October.

Anyone want to make a WW>IM or Inhumans The Worst MCU Opening thread?

Interest has been waning on the last couple of Wonder Woman milestone threads, but I guess someone could make one. Inhumans doesn't even deserve the number of threads it currently has.

Top Bottom