• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 0825-2717 - Guys & doll cut dancer off at knees, Hawkeye & Wanda team up meh

Many of us were of the right age to "like" Swordfish when it came out. Speaking of movies that didn't age very well.

It's sort of creepy in retrospect how much of that movie's marketing was tied to "HEY SEE HALLE BERRY'S TITS!". Like, even Entertainment Tonight was making a big deal about it.

Slayven

Speaking of Entertainment Tonight, it's kinda weird to think back on pre-internet days and realize that was how people basically did what we're doing right now.

Like, if we wanted to talk about the year in TV, we'd have to tune in and watch Leeza Gibbons and Ahmad Rashad talk about the year in TV.

When the big problems were $100mil miniseries flopping and Morton Downey Jr.

I remember when ET used to tease how they'd get new trailers. I still remember watching it to see the very first Batman Forever trailer. Where else were you going to see that shit back then?

DMczaf

I remember when ET used to tease how they'd get new trailers. I still remember watching it to see the very first Batman Forever trailer. Where else were you going to see that shit back then?

And they would show like 45 seconds of it while they talked all over it so you couldn't hear anything.

kswiston

I can't get on board with Equilibrium > The Matrix.

Kurt Wimmer clearly read Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World before deciding to write and direct a fan fiction crossover between the two, with some budget Matrix aesthetics thrown in. He got called on it, and proceeded to bust out the "It's not for critics!" argument.

I can't get on board with Equilibrium > The Matrix.

Kurt Wimmer clearly read Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World before deciding to write and direct a fan fiction crossover between the two, with some budget Matrix aesthetics thrown in.

That is being too kind to Wimmer.

I liked Equilibrium mildly when I first watched it, but that mild like quickly dissolved in about 24 hours.

The only good thing to come from that film was Taye Diggs' final scene.

I'm glad that Equilibrium has joined the elusive ranks of Batman v Superman/Avatar/Ranking Star Wars in these threads.

Quit acting like gun kata isn't worth it:

ReMRAx.gif

Second only to gymkata:

4728005_orig.gif

Gymkata is far more entertaining and makes far more sense than Gunkata. At least there aren't tons of horrible YouTube videos of people doing fan made Gymkata films.
That I know of.

Those fan made Gunkata films are worse than fan made lightsaber duels.

Slayven

I'm glad that Equilibrium has joined the elusive ranks of Batman v Superman/Avatar/Ranking Star Wars in these threads.

Quit acting like gun kata isn't worth it:

ReMRAx.gif

Second only to gymkata:

4728005_orig.gif

LOL i was watching defenders and i couldn't help but yell "Gymkata" during Matt's fight scenes

Matrix and Equilibrium talk, and no discussion of Dark City?

My reaction when I walked out if The Matrix was "hey, I just saw this movie last year."

kswiston

Everything Sly has done over the past few months makes me think Coogler isn't coming back. Which is about the stupidest direction we could go with it, but here we are.

Coogler is going to have post-production and promotion work to do on Black Panther until February.

Coogler is going to have post-production and promotion work to do on Black Panther until February.

Even before this, though. There were organic sequel hooks built into Creed such that there's really no need to bring Drago back in any way for a sequel. I mean, there could probably be a nice story to tell about what it really means to step into being his father's son that you could put him into, but it just doesn't seem like the direction they were going for.

And I know that Coogler and Jordan have that teacher story that they were looking at doing, and I assumed that was going to be his next project after BP (though I don't know if it was ever confirmed as such).

kswiston

The IT contest is closed. Don't update those prediction posts. I'll collect everything in 11-12 hours when xaosslug gets the next thread up.

So in BOGAF meta numbers, it looks like we've topped 500 posts for every thread since The Promise's first weekend (April 21st for those who don't remember when that was). Seeing as the past couple weeks might have been the deadest the BO will get for the rest of the year, I wonder if we can keep this trend up all the way through December?

Wonder how many movies cut Trump out like that. That Ben Kingsley, Ryan Reynolds movie from a few years back had a scene in his tacky gold condo. The point was how empty and lonely Ben Kingsley was in it. Now I'm imaging the walk on scene being an inside joke where Trump compliments his taste in decor.

Matt Damon and the liberal elite need to worry less about cameos from me. Which, by the way, have been so good. Really the best thing about some of these movies. I mean it, the best thing really. Like did you see Home Alone 2, what was with the lady with the birds. Just a miserable woman, I'm sorry, she's terrible. Just terrible. And didn't he star in a movie called the Great Wall. Why is he over there making movies in China, they steal our jobs. They try to ruin our economy, its true. And now steal our actors. Its a real problem.

What Matt should be focusing on is helping make america great again.

Cvie

Matt Damon and the liberal elite need to worry less about cameos from me. Which, by the way, have been so good. Really the best thing about some of these movies. I mean it, the best thing really. Like did you see Home Alone 2, what was with the lady with the birds. Just a miserable woman, I'm sorry, she's terrible. Just terrible.

What they should be focusing on is helping make america great again.

This post was a bit confusing at first. needs more speling elrors RANDOM CAPITALISATION and exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to work properly.

This post was a bit confusing at first. needs more speling elrors RANDOM CAPITALISATION and exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to work properly.

more of a trump monologue than a trump tweet. but yeah, just cut that up into a bunch of shorter portions and use all caps for sure.

tonka

The villains in transformers 2 were also hanging out in a trump tower iirc

Edit : or was it dark of the moon? Who knows

Toa TAK

Banned
Matt Damon and the liberal elite need to worry less about cameos from me. Which, by the way, have been so good. Really the best thing about some of these movies. I mean it, the best thing really. Like did you see Home Alone 2, what was with the lady with the birds. Just a miserable woman, I'm sorry, she's terrible. Just terrible. And didn't he star in a movie called the Great Wall. Why is he over there making movies in China, they steal our jobs. They try to ruin our economy, its true. And now steal our actors. Its a real problem.

What Matt should be focusing on is helping make america great again.
People have gotten this down to a science.

Top Bottom