• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 0825-2717 - Guys & doll cut dancer off at knees, Hawkeye & Wanda team up meh

Per that article, it was scheduled to go into production this year and all of the original cast will be returning.

Judging by IMDB, the only other thing currently on Amy's schedule is Adam McKay's Cheney biopic in pre-production (and scheduled to go into production next month). So they'd basically have to shoot it late this year/very early next year for an August release, which, is possible, but I don't know.

kswiston

Place your bets: Inhumans vs 9/11 (starring Charlie Sheen and Whoopi Goldberg). Which will score the higher September opening?

so why did they even shit out inhumans anyway? Tax rightoff? Money Laundering?

IMAX wanted something to fill their September dead period, Marvel had some Inhuman concept art floating around from when the movie was still a thing, one thing leads to another...

kswiston

This month's box office was so terrible that we are looking forward to September as the savior of these threads. 2 more hours and we can kiss August goodbye for the domestic market.

To kick things off, it's time to put your money where your mouth is for IT.

Contest: Predict the domestic opening weekend gross for IT.

The two closest predictions will win either Soma or The Killing Floor 2 on Steam/PC. Both seem thematically appropriate. I have one of each.

I don't have the patience to wait 2 months for a total gross tie breaker (as is the case with the Spider-Man contest from July), so if I have more than two of you with the same prediction, I'm just going to let a RNG decide.

Spread things out. We're talking tens of millions of dollars. No reason to pick the exact same number as 4 other people!

The deadline to predict is about 48 hours from now. (Saturday, Sept 2nd, 11:00PM PDT)

First off, I say we use first to post as the tiebreaker. Make people make faster decisions if they want to pick a popular/even number.

Second of all, $77 million.

kswiston

First off, I say we use first to post as the tiebreaker. Make people make faster decisions if they want to pick a popular/even number.

Second of all, $77 million.

I think that sounds fair. Earlier predictions are open to price is right style sniping, so as a trade off they can have priority. I'm going to go by last edit time of course.

6 people total in my screening of Inhumans.

Bigger than Zyzzyx Road confirmed.

IT and Kingsman will own September, it's no contest.

I would have agreed about a month ago, but now I'm not sure Kingsman is going to do all that well.

I think IT might dust it pretty thoroughly.

speaking of which: 83mil OW.

edit: Ah shit, Cvie picked the same number, I didn't see that. REVISED.

Paz

When I see that Emoji movie is massively profitable and Logan Lucky is a bomb I'm not sure what to think about society.

We get the world we deserve I suppose.

I'll go with $78.5m for IT opening.

$78.5k for Inhumans opening.

Edit: What the hell is this Layover shit I see opening this weekend?

When I see that Emoji movie is massively profitable and Logan Lucky is a bomb I'm not sure what to think about society.

The Emoji movie will end up being profitable, but not massively so. $75M Domestic/$150M WW on a $50M budget is good enough for profitability, but not so good that there will be any interest in making another one.

Edit: What the hell is this Layover shit I see opening this weekend?

Someone decided putting Kate Upton and Alexandra Daddario in a mildly shitty rom-com together was a good idea, presumably because boobs.

You're omitting the best part.

We know exactly who that "someone" is.

Code:
[IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/da/WilliamHMacyTIFFSept2012.jpg[/IMG]

What a world...

To be fair, he's not listed on IMDB as being a writer or a producer for this movie, just the director. So in theory, the whole thing was other people's idea, he just decided to steer the ship.

I looked up The Layover on IMDb half-expecting the dude who Kate Upton and Alexandra Daddario are fighting over to have a screenwriting credit.

(he doesn't)

Kids movie about something they use see everyday vs a weird B-tier indie film about car rally robbers really makes you think I suppose

Society is so effed up

IT $76 million

To be fair, he's not listed on IMDB as being a writer or a producer for this movie, just the director. So in theory, the whole thing was other people's idea, he just decided to steer the ship.
He seems well aware that it's kind of down to him, so don't think he can divert the blame to writers or others. He's new to directing and is aware that he makes mistakes.

DP/30: The Layover, William H Macy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdKa3r0M9kg
"I'm fascinated by directing. I'm still learning a lot. It's humbling, for a guy who has been around as long as I have to make such bone-headed mistakes.

I love making people laugh. This was a stretch, to do a romcom sex comedy.

This is my sense of humor. I love slapstick, I love toilet humor. I do kitchen sink drama. A lot of the stuff I do is super realism and naturalism, and I wanted to bridge the two with relatively broad comedy in places in this thing."

Top Bottom