• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 0825-2717 - Guys & doll cut dancer off at knees, Hawkeye & Wanda team up meh

Close Encounters isn't playing in town, so have to make an hour drive to Nashville to see it. But it's in RPX, and never been to one of those. I was wishing for an IMAX release, and this seems the next best thing.

FTF

I'll go with $76m ow for IT...it being the first weekend of (NFL) football will hurt its Sun drop.

IT prediction: $101.2M

Whoa no way, that would be crazy.

Edit: Ok, looking into some tracking #s and the theater count, IT is going to be bigger than I thought. Upped my ow prediction above.

I still think NFL hurts its Sun drop though.

9 digits seems like a laughable overprediction. Then remember how we laughed at some Wonder Woman doing $400m domestic predictions.

yeah who's laughing now?!

I have no idea where to place IT because I haven't heard anybody talk about it and I'm definitely not in the target demo for it

I'm feeling good because if it hits 83, I win. If it hits 84, I also win, because that was my initial guess and I only moved off it because I'm a gentleman and a scholar.

It prediction: $250 million, bigger than TFA.

It'll kickstart the KCCU,

KOOL CLOWN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE.

Solo features for Ronald McDonald, Bozo the Clown, and the Joker are already being written as we speak.

snap

Banned
China's Version of Nolan History

DIoE_UHUwAANbtj.jpg

China didn't release TDK due to the HK scene

really? that actually surprises me, the last time i saw it was relatively recently and in a post-transformers 4 light i started to wonder if that whole sequence was there to get chinese approval

IT:87M

audiences are THIRSTY and this will be the first movie moviepass people can go to (all three of them who have their cards already)

i'm one of those three

kswiston

Deadline updated their Friday numbers. Inhumans has been downgraded to $1.4M over the 4-day weekend and $1.1M during the 3-day.

snap

Banned
Deadline updated their Friday numbers. Inhumans has been downgraded to $1.4M over the 4-day weekend and $1.1M during the 3-day.

who are these people trying to watch it in theaters? marvel diehards who know enough that it exists but not enough to know how bad it's reviewing? or maybe they do and they don't care?

who are these people trying to watch it in theaters? marvel diehards who know enough that it exists but not enough to know how bad it's reviewing? or maybe they do and they don't care?

Anecdotally, I questioned the guy sitting near me in the theater during the afternoon showing, and he said the only reason he was there was because he had a day off and needed something to do.

They should use that as their marketing tagline:

"It's better than not doing anything!"

TasTokyo

So something rather interesting. Browsing Netflix today (Live in Japan) and the Hitman's Bodyguard is up on it. Checked and yup it is the exact movie, seems only in Japan. But weird thing is I'm sure I remember seeing a trailer for it at the cinema the other month. Could be misremembering? However, it's interesting to me that this a theatrical movie, but box office will be affected (given the movie and in Japan a super small amount) by being on Netflix.

snap

Banned
So something rather interesting. Browsing Netflix today (Live in Japan) and the Hitman's Bodyguard is up on it. Checked and yup it is the exact movie, seems only in Japan. But weird thing is I'm sure I remember seeing a trailer for it at the cinema the other month. Could be misremembering? However, it's interesting to me that this a theatrical movie, but box office will be affected (given the movie and in Japan a super small amount) by being on Netflix.

It opened a few weeks ago.

Interesting about that. Something like that wouldn't happen in the US because the theater chains would throw a fit. When Veronica Mars was successful on Kickstarter and had to put it up for digital download and in theaters at the same time, AMC forced the distributor to rent out theaters instead of showing it normally.

Caode

Wonder Woman passes Civil War this weekend right? Iron Man 3 by next weekend?

Gitesh has it at passing both this weekend but it'll be tighter with Iron Man 3, within a hair's breadth if it doesn't get there this weekend.

Despite digital release, #WonderWoman still doing well in thtrs. 4day #LaborDayWeekend heading to near $2M, cume $409M passing CA3 & IM3.

GAF says a lot of things.

It's almost like GAF can be whatever one needs it to be in order to set up the sympathetic notion that one was unfairly maligned by the rubes and the simpletons while perservering through with the truth.

Just a thing I've noticed.

But yeah, this Inhumans shit reads like TITHING.

kswiston

GAF says a lot of things.

It's almost like GAF can be whatever one needs it to be in order to set up the sympathetic notion that one was unfairly maligned by the rubes and the simpletons while perservering through with the truth.

Just a thing I've noticed.

But yeah, this Inhumans shit reads like TITHING.

You can claim your Inhumans ticket on your tax form as a charitible donation. Pachimari is just trying to drop a tax bracket.

Top Bottom