• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

The following are 4 noteworthy things that are being made unobtainable when Legion launches, so you may want to do them now:
-A Room with a Moose - get your very own moose mount from killing Archimonde on heroic
-Warlords of Draenor Challenge modes and their rewards
-Khadgar's Legendary ring questline
-Heirloom trinkets for leveling up in Legion (Probably being removed, but not confirmed)

Other noteworthy things:
-Gold rewards from the Garrison and Shipyard are being removed
-The mounts that drop from Mythic Blackhand and Archimonde will be changed from a guaranteed drop to a ~1% drop.

bA4C2BV.png

The new expansion is Legion, a journey to the Broken Isles on Azeroth to fight against the Legion invasion brought by Gul'dan. New class - Demon Hunters (tank/melee dps), class overhauls for almost every spec, and spec specific artifact weapons. Not scheduled to be released until late Summer 2016.

More details on Legion here:
Artifact Overview
Class change preview
Cinematic
Promo site

Original OP:

te2arZS.png

Chilton on WoD big bosses said:
It's Blackhand for 6.0 and Grommash for the final raid tier.

k4FAZzT.png

"Oops! I meant you save Grommash from a demon and now you are bffs."

Previous OTs
OT1, OT2, OT3, OT4, OT5, OT6

GAF Players Google Document
GAF Players

Opening Cinematics
Legion
Warlords of Draenor
Mists of Pandaria
Cataclysm
Wrath of the Lich King
The Burning Crusade
World of Warcraft

Patch Trailers & Reveals
Warlords of Draenor: Patch 6.2 - Fury of Hellfire
Mists of Pandaria: Patch 5.2 - The Thunder King, Patch 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar
Cataclysm: Patch 4.1 - Rise of the Zandalari, Patch 4.3 - Hour of Twilight
Wrath of the Lich King: Patch 3.1 - Secrets of Ulduar, Patch 3.2 - Call of the Crusade, Patch 3.3 - Fall of the Lich King
The Burning Crusade: Patch 2.1 - The Black Temple, Patch 2.3 - The Gods of Zul'Aman, Patch 2.4 - Fury of the Sunwell
Classic: Patch 1.11 - Shadow of the Necropolis

Expansion Reveals
Legion Gamescom 2015 Reveal
Warlords of Draenor BlizzCon 2013 Reveal
Mists of Pandaria BlizzCon 2011 Reveal
Cataclysm BlizzCon 2009 reveal
Wrath of the Lich King BlizzCon 2007 Reveal
The Burning Crusade BlizzCon 2005 Reveal

Official Sites
Official US WoW site, Official EU WoW site

Community Websites
MMO-Champion - WoW and Blizzard game news
Wowhead - WoW database
Simple Armory - great armory website to easily view your achievements/pets/mounts
Openraid - community event planning website
WoWProgress - guild and character rankings
Arena Junkies - PvP rankings
GuildOx - character rankings (good for looking up % of players with a mount or achievement)
Curse - Addon resource
WoW Interface - Addon resource
WoWpedia

|OT6| Wall of Shame
8cZFZnS.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wow, no wall of shame. My posting really dies down during mid-xpac lulls.

ANYWAY, more "leak" fun!

After the Gamescom announcement I got in contact with a buddy of mine who used to work on Titan, and then got moved to the Warcraft team. Asked a lot of questions relating to this leak, here's what I was able to gleam.

Classes
* There will be a new class.
* This class is already represented in Heroes of the Storm.
* The class has the option to use Hunter Weapons.
* He told me nothing about new races.

Characters
* Vol'jin will have his leadership tested. He will have to choose between his People or his Family.
* Vol'jin may step down from Warchief, if so he will appoint a different racial leader to be Warchief in his absence.
* Sylvanas will get a storyline, showing how she feels about the new pecking order in the Horde.
* He laughed when I asked if Sylvanas dies.
* His response to what Grom, Durotan, and Yrel will do in the expansion? "Watch the Archimonde cinematic again."
* Baine will have a role in the expansion, but he wouldn't say what.
* I wasn't told much about the Alliance, but I was told Jaina, Genn, Tyrande, and Malfurian will have storylines.
* Asked about Tyr and his Hand. Only response I got is "Tyr is not dead."

Villains
* Gul'dan is the way that Warlords ties into this expansion.
* He was sent into the Twisting Nether, and the Nether connects to all possible worlds.
* "Time is a flat circle."
* The Legion suffered a major setback in Hellfire Citadel, but they have a backup plan if Gul'dan can find a new way to summon them.
* Wouldn't say anything about Azshara, but would say "There will be an Old God."
* Asked about Sargeras, "Sargeras himself? No."

Our Future
* The level cap will be raised!
* The Devs like the idea of Garrisons, but privately acknowledge that the system left much to be desired.
* You will get a new "title" in the expansion. Only hint I got was "what title did you not get in Warlords that you should have?"
* They want to make Garrisons feel more optional, and enhance the RTS feeling of Garrisons. Talked about reforming how Garrison Resources are handled.
* We are considered living legends. Important characters will recognize us.

PvE
* They want to make Dungeons more complex, like miniature Raids.
* They also want more Dungeons.
* The three-raid formula worked well. A raid every 4 months seems likely.

PvP
* There will be new Arenas, they may also retire some existing arenas.
* Battlegrounds are in a good place right now.
* They have no plans to make new versions of spells just for PvP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm top of the wall of shame and i haven't consistently played in at least 4 months.

State of your expansion pack, Blizz

McNei1y

Wow, no wall of shame. My posting really dies down during mid-xpac lulls.

ANYWAY, more "leak" fun!

Sounds like reasonable stuff that could come out. Also sounds like information someone could "piggyback" off of that "chinese forum riddle" stuff.

Either way, we'll know soon enough.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The idea of Vol'Jin stepping down as horde leader after doing exactly 0 things seems pretty plausible from Neo-Blizzard.

CassSept

Not enough orcs in the thread title, not representative of the current state of the game 0/10.

E: Maybe Grommash is coming back with us to the main timeline? There must always be a Hellscream.

E2: V Yeah, these leaks don't seem plausible. WoD actually leaked before BlizzCon but it sounded at times too stupid to be real, yet it was exactly what happened. We need to look for leaks that are something else than 100% fanwank.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Generally my barometer of a leak would be whether or not there's something that sounds unexpected, but plausible, and not at all like a fan dream.

The leaks that are the most fake are the ones that sound like fan lists or are so incredibly boring that they're basically a person trying to make their fake stuff sound as plausible as possible. Generally higher end companies don't greenlight products that have no unexpected selling points. Direct world PvP systems, the first new class, rebuilding the entire world and adding artificing, battle pets, garrisons, these are the kinds of "not done before" things that they try to have at least some of in each new product.

So far I'd consider this in the category of "not realistic on the basis of being too boring" which is actually a rarity among fake leaks.

ampere

I mean, Blizzard likely considers their current implementation 'optional' Just like they consider the legendary cloak 'optional'

I mean, gear is optional right? So are gems and enchants, and food buffs and flasks. Why use any of it? Just be skilled :lol

The idea of Vol'Jin stepping down as horde leader after doing exactly 0 things seems pretty plausible from Neo-Blizzard.

Yea sadly now I think that actually is possible. It doesn't make any sense really lol

ampere

Generally my barometer of a leak would be whether or not there's something that sounds unexpected, but plausible, and not at all like a fan dream.

The leaks that are the most fake are the ones that sound like fan lists or are so incredibly boring that they're basically a person trying to make their fake stuff sound as plausible as possible. Generally higher end companies don't greenlight products that have no unexpected selling points. World PvP systems, the first new class, rebuilding the entire world and adding artificing, battle pets, garrisons, these are the kinds of "not done before" things that they try to have at least some of in each new product.

So far I'd consider this in the category of "not realistic on the basis of being too boring" which is actually a rarity among fake leaks.

Yeah that is an interesting point. New class can always be sold as not boring though.

Btw can you change the thread title slightly, I forgot the word "of"

Like so:
World of Warcraft |OT7| Thread of Orc Jesus v2 and new expansion rumors

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just not that hyped about leaks when I know we'll find out more in a week. Not worth speculating for only a couple of days to me, honestly.

Warcraft 1-3 are remastered : Plausible
Full Missions from each randomly show up as "garrison" (whatever form it takes in the expac) dailies, which you complete for the next expansion's gear currency : Crazy

Robin64

Being a DK in the first few months of WotLK was hilarious. Outland dungeons were always four DKs and a healer. Didn't even need the healer, though, the DKs were so stupidly overpowered.

* You will get a new "title" in the expansion. Only hint I got was "what title did you not get in Warlords that you should have?"

This sounds like he's trying to hint at the title "Warlord", but we can get that. Hmm.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Let's be real

everyone is going to resub when they reveal the new class is DEMON HUNTER illidan class

While I think Demon Hunter and Illidan's return is likely, I still don't feel that makes the rumor likely to be correct, if that makes sense.

The setting in the rumor doesn't come across as a fresh, distinct location like the other expansion packs, and there's no selling point gimmick(s).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Let's be real

everyone is going to resub when they reveal the new class is DEMON HUNTER illidan class

Maybe.

But at this point I think it would be too transparently desperate for me. Like they're finally playing their trump card.

It would be too late for me. I'm already disappointed that the expac is being announced at gamescom. It's sort of symbolic for me that the game is on the outs in lieu of HotS/Hearthstone/Overwatch.

Imagine if WotLK got announced anywhere but Blizzcon? It's no longer the centerpiece of Blizzard, it's on the decline.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they did a Demon Hunter class and the melee spec didn't get glaives made as the only weapons they can use, it's trash and it should be thrown out.

Nokterian

Thinking back when they announced a Death Knight. I do hope it is a new hero class of some sort to me it would be the logical step after the DK.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Maybe.

But at this point I think it would be too transparently desperate for me. Like they're finally playing their trump card.

It would be too late for me. I'm already disappointed that the expac is being announced at gamescom. It's sort of symbolic for me that the game is on the outs in lieu of HotS/Hearthstone/Overwatch.

Imagine if WotLK got announced anywhere but Blizzcon? It's no longer the centerpiece of Blizzard, it's on the decline.

I think my favorite Blizzcon moment was when StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void was a total footnote announcement and then the game was demoted further to "that game we talked about when our laptop broke during our Heroes presentation" at PAX East, which otherwise featured equal time spent on Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If they did a Demon Hunter class and the melee spec didn't get glaives made as the only weapons they can use, it's trash and it should be thrown out.

I imagine they would do it very similar to Monks: Let them use whatever agi weapons, but have class-specific quests every 10 levels in a DH-specific training zone that provide you with unique-looking glaives.

Shahadan

This sounds like he's trying to hint at the title "Warlord", but we can get that. Hmm.

My money is on "General". We were called that in the end but never officially.
Although it'll probably be "General of the Alliance/Horde"

Makes sense with garrisons, even more if they try to add RTS flavor to it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I think my favorite Blizzcon moment was when StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void was a total footnote announcement and then the game was demoted further to "that game we talked about when our laptop broke during our Heroes presentation" at PAX East.

Well in that case they announced a long time ago that the Stacraft 2 campaign would be split into 3 different expansions. A lot of people were pissed about that at the time, b ut they also announced the names of it even.

But at this point their general hype or perceieved support imo of everything is

Overwatch > Hearthstone > HotS > Diablo >= WoW > Starcraft

Robin64

My favourite Blizzcon moment was "What if we just made it free... to all World of Warcraft subscribers?" The cheers from that were fantastic.

Nudull

Banned
Blizzcon knows how to bring out hype. I still watch the Cataclysm and Diablo III live reveals from time to time, and despite everything, I still get chills.

Anoregon

Man I really want Demon Hunters but the more I think about the more unlikely I think it is that they will add two dual wield agi classes in a row, even if the new DH also has a bow spec.

Blizz plz

Fularu

Banned
I play a lot and never post qq

Right now I'm raiding once a week with friends, we're bads with just 9/13 bosses killed in normal HFC but I have good hopes wéll clear heroic before the end of the expansion.

I miss my raiding days buy finding a good raiding guild on MG (us) for 10pm-1am est raiding is prety though

Man I really want Demon Hunters but the more I think about the more unlikely I think it is that they will add two dual wield agi classes in a row, even if the new DH also has a bow spec.

Blizz plz

Maybe they will. Mail and agil for melee dps or tank, int/mail for range dps. Ele sham is the only int/mail dps spec and there is no mail/tank spec. Although, I did a boatload of inadvertent tanking with my enhance sham over the years.

Anoregon

Maybe they will. Mail and agil for melee dps or tank, int/mail for range dps. Ele sham is the only int/mail dps spec and there is no mail/tank spec. Although, I did a boatload of inadvertent tanking with my enhance sham over the years.

well shaman having the only int mail doesn't really matter anymore, as all mail that drops from 91+ is both agi and int. There is way less pressure for a new class to fill a specific stat niche when it comes to armor, but mail is the least used armor type in general.

Mitch

Banned
Been a while since I actively played. Took a lot of breaks this expansion, compared to the couple quick breaks I took in MoP. Ended up quitting for the remainder of WoD almost two months ago. Did a good amount of WoD achievement farming earlier in the year, but that was really it.

Garrisons just don't click with me. The first couple of weeks I was having an okay time, and then I just stopped caring altogether. This also turned me off from leveling all of my 90s.

Leaks are fun to read. Can't say I'm too optimist about the announcement. I was hyped for WoD, and ultimately this expansion sort of killed my love for the game. Going to be patient this time around.

Rokal

Blizz plz

In addition to that, I can't really think of what 3 specs they'd have. They could do a tanking spec, but it would be thematically identical to Monks (agi tank themed around avoidance).

Melee DPS is obvious, but would be difficult to distinguish from the already high amount of Melee DPS specs/classes out there.

Ranged DPS is also a likely option, but I can't think of what the third would be. Healing doesn't really seem to fit the theme.

Entropia

No One Remembers
They really do need to add a new Mail class.

Demon hunters makes sense. Even better because they can be a melee/physical range class.

Robin64

I always found it impressive they managed to give something like rogue three specs. Melee with a weapon in each hand, right? But they pulled it off, I guess, so if they did Demon Hunter I think they'd be okay with it even it was three DPS specs.

ZenaxPure

Or we could use logic for like 3 seconds and realize that waiting for blizzcon to announce the next WoW expansion is a terrible idea if we want to get into the beta (and to the eventual release) without waiting until July 2016. If they actually didn't give a shit about WoW they would wait until Blizzcon to announce the next expansion.

So how do I not suck at PVP? Besides rolling an alliance toon and riding on the coattails of better players. I'm new player with WoD and only recently rolled a PVP toon because a friend decided to get back into the game and they play PVP/Horde exclusively.

So far it's been extra painful beyond just taking my lumps learning a new game, learning map layout, flow of a match, what player/class tendencies are and dying over and over. Gear seems to matter, and players seem to favour certain classes heavily. Whole lotta hunters, druids and rogues. That seems to be the majority of every team playing.

I started with a fire mage, had a middling to poor experience, rolled a rogue a did worse (most likely because I am dumpster tier at pvp) and kind of gave in and rolled a hunter. While I am now part of the problem I find I'm able to survive for longer and contribute more to my team. I've got a decent escape and I don't have to remain stationary to channel so I feel like I'm less food for druids and rogues, I've got good range and even if I get focused down, or am in a bad position I've got my pet to help me.

So far my plan is to continue to take my lumps with this hunter, get honor points and get gear.

Top Bottom