• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

Which is funny since we beat him there on Mythic. Guess he just ports everyone back at the last second to make sure he doesn't die.

Laziness I assume. Either way iirc there was a tweet a while back saying he was dead for realzies on mythic so I'm not that concerned about it.

Gul'dan is totally going to come back though. I'm sure he will be a part of whatever they come up with as a way to get the Burning Legion to invade MU Azeroth. Which, meh, whatever I guess. I don't think he will really be a key part of the story when it happens anyway, will probably just be the plot device that sets things in motion.

CassSept

I know it's been estabilished demons can cross realities (i.e. Malchezaar in Kara "all realities all dimensions are open to me"), but one Twisting Nether to connect them all opens a whole lot of trouble. Does that mean there are infinite Archimondes and Kil'jaedens running around, did they all merge into one being, can they split? Could we theoretically pool heroes from across different timelines and charge together into nether? Ugh.

ps. I kinda hoped WoD would explain why Gorehowl drops from Malchezaar. Sadly, no dice.

Acidote

I know it's been estabilished demons can cross realities (i.e. Malchezaar in Kara "all realities all dimensions are open to me"), but one Twisting Nether to connect them all opens a whole lot of trouble. Does that mean there are infinite Archimondes and Kil'jaedens running around, did they all merge into one being, can they split? Could we theoretically pool heroes from across different timelines and charge together into nether? Ugh.

ps. I kinda hoped WoD would explain why Gorehowl drops from Malchezaar. Sadly, no dice.

The biggest problem with all that shit AU and timelines is that we could go back and gather a legion of Broxigars.

Robin64

It's doubly weird when you consider that, okay, one Twisting Nether, so there will just be one of things made there. A demon born there will just exist once.

But as you say, why aren't there Archimondes bumping into each other? He didn't come from there, after all, he was just a mortal who changed sides.

ZenaxPure

Yeah actual secret worst part of this expansion is that there isn't a scene somewhere where Malchezaar waltzes in and steals Gorehowl then vanishes off somewhere. Would have been pretty awesome.

Also as for the twisting nether stuff from what I remember in the tweets it sounded more like the demons were one conscious across the various realities so if you killed one they would all be dead. But their explanations don't fully explain anything and they kind of stopped talking about it thankfully as it (and the questions) were getting out of hand. I wouldn't worry about it too much myself, I assume they will let all this multiple reality stuff rest for a while.

Kinda like Garrosh, then. Dead before you even finish questing.

Who knows really, that's just my guess. If I was a leader in the burning legion I don't think I would let a lowly Orc lead my assault on a very important planet. I'd use him to get what I wanted and then kill him.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm not getting rep for doing a heroic draenor dungeon.

Doing Skyreach atm. Do you have to do certain dungeons for certain reps? All I'm not exalted with is steamwheedle.

Robin64

Tomb of Sargeras and the surrounding area could be easily made into an expansion's worth of land.

ya9VpsX.jpg

I'm not getting rep for doing a heroic draenor dungeon.

Doing Skyreach atm. Do you have to do certain dungeons for certain reps? All I'm not exalted with is steamwheedle.

Skyreach should give Arrakoa rep. Are you either fully Exalted or do you not have the buff?

ZenaxPure

Tomb of Sargeras and the surrounding area could be easily made into an expansion's worth of land.

We don't really know the actual size of any of that stuff but you're not wrong either way. Story wise we know enough stuff exists in the middle of the ocean to make 2 or 3 expansions worth of content, especially when you consider the creative freedom Cata gives them (as we know for a fact a lot of stuff in the ocean was changed due to Deathwing). One of the things I've been curious about since basically vanilla is what they will end up doing with everything out there in the middle of the ocean as putting it all in one expansion would lead to them having to condense a lot of stuff down.

Nudull

Banned
We don't really know the actual size of any of that stuff but you're not wrong either way. Story wise we know enough stuff exists in the middle of the ocean to make 2 or 3 expansions worth of content, especially when you consider the creative freedom Cata gives them (as we know for a fact a lot of stuff in the ocean was changed due to Deathwing). One of the things I've been curious about since basically vanilla is what they will end up doing with everything out there in the middle of the ocean as putting it all in one expansion would lead to them having to condense a lot of stuff down.

I'd actually really like an ocean-based expansion. Would make a really nice change of scenery.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The gaming side thread is fine, imo.

Also I fucking hate that fake south seas map (posted in general side thread) because it is too good

Robin64

1 guy.

1 guy said that!

2 on the last page alone, man.

But it's a sentiment I see a lot of anyway. And it's an odd one. Like, do they think it will bring us back to the early days of WoW, where everything was unknown? Datamining and awesome websites and the like means we'll never see that happen again.

The gaming side thread is fine, imo.

Also I fucking hate that fake south seas map (posted in general side thread) because it is too good

His whole expansion idea is really good.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1701798-Reign-of-Azshara-Fan-Expansion-Concept

Nudull

Banned
I hate when the more cynical gamers rear their heads to say "WoW is dead, WoW needs a sequel, it's not fun/good anymore, what about Titan, etc.", and this happens with every expansion announcement. Despite me being on and off from the game since Wrath, and only not starting to play it fully, WoW has been a very enjoyable experience for me. Despite it's flaws, there's still a lot of charm to it that keeps me coming back, and it annoys me to no end when people go out of their way to crap on other folks' enjoyment. But hey, that's just me.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Better to continue improving what's already in place rather than trying to recapture the magic and split the player base. IMO.

Jag

I hate when the more cynical gamers rear their heads to say "WoW is dead, WoW needs a sequel, it's not fun/good anymore, what about Titan, etc.", and this happens with every expansion announcement. Despite me being on and off from the game since Wrath, and only not starting to play it fully, WoW has been a very enjoyable experience for me. Despite it's flaws, there's still a lot of charm to it that keeps me coming back, and it annoys me to no end when people go out of their way to crap on other folks' enjoyment. But hey, that's just me.

I'm not crapping on it, but the game is a bit long in the tooth. Especially for people like me who have played since launch. I do think it is fantastic how Blizz has been able to keep people engaged even this long.

Since I stopped raiding, I hop in and hop out mostly because the game is comfortable, but I understand the desire to recreate some of the magic and wonder from the early days.

CassSept

To be fair, it's surprisingly decent for a gaming side WoW thread.

That map tho... everything we all waited for since WotLK days...

Edit: Oh, it's from the guy behind "Spider Kingdom" expansion concept. Dude's talented.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Honestly, the thing I didn't get about Wod is why they made Ner'Zhul a complete chump.

Blizzard has been shitting on Ner'zhul since Wrath. He was essentially hand-waived away in that Arthas book (Arthas "overpowered" his spirit or whatever once they became the lich king, which makes no fucking sense), and they seem to be content with treating him like no-name shadow council chump or whatever. It is pretty dumb.

Shahadan

Anything less than this Reign of Azshara fan xpac will be a disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

So, not really hyped here :p

Although it's probably close to a real azshara xpac if you cut half the zones, patches, and raids

ZenaxPure

Better to continue improving what's already in place rather than trying to recapture the magic and split the player base. IMO.

They really can't recapture any of that magic anyway for reasons that Robin has already said. People live in some sort of fantasy world I guess, video games just don't work like they used to for a lot of reasons. I mean take a look at Overwatch, the official Overwatch youtube channel already has over 30 gameplay videos on it covering like every announced character. That thing isn't even in closed beta yet and we have a crazy amount of info about it.

Blizzard is better off ignoring the cries of crap like WoW2 and catering to the millions of people who are actually interested in playing their current game. The audience is still huge and currently is even hungrier than ever for a new expansion.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Some beautiful pictures he was posting too. I almost wish they were high res so I could make a wallpaper folder out of them.

Cya later Bashiok.

strafer

I bet you the community made him leave.

Probably got a bunch of nasty emails and stuff.

Fucking disgusting behaviour.

The Mythic dungeon event this week is so crap. I really don't want to do it, but the reward is too good. Gonna have to wait until later tonight when more people are on to knock them out so I don't have to PUG.

Robin64

I'm surprised there isn't a quest to do 4 Heroic dungeons for a Normal raid piece, for the people not good enough to do Mythics.

Babalu.

got my 33rd tome on H Manny yesterday, did the quest while the guild was getting to Archi and clearing trash.

We downed archimonde and then got the 3 ilvl upgrade for the ring.

feels good man.

10k Apexis not wasted today, thank green jesus. Got my 2nd 1Her on the alt and it rolled with mastery/crit like the other one which is decent enough. Also got lucky with a perfect rolled helm drop that I upgraded as well. Have like 9 slots left to fill now, 6 if I get 3 pieces of crafted, but I can't really afford them yet, since a single piece is like 15kish just for a 685 version, let alone a 700 or 715 ilvl one. Should get 2 more empowered fragments today or tomorrow, so that'll help. Though I'm limited by the daily apexis gain on the alt, so no need to really rush them.

So yeah....
Talking to the wife last night and I realized how much gold Ive spent. In WoD alone, Ive spent at least 750k on mounts. I bought
-Ghastly charger
-Fel Drake
-Corrupted Hippogriff
-Garn
-X-51 xtreme
-jeweled onyx panther
-one spring strider
-geosync world spinner
-mats to build depleted kryp rocket and turbo charged flying machine

I haven't really spent much on gear, less than 100k in WoD. Its scary to know that I would be a WoW millionaire if I didn't spend any of it and could sub for 4+ years without earning another copper.

So what's the quickest way to make gold now? Selling mats?

I still make a ton off gold the barn, missions, and salvage yard. Id guess from those things alone, I make 2500-3k gold a day with 5 lvl3 garrions. When I have time, I also run the 4 mega rares in tanaan for the medallion. I get 2-3/day and those sell for 6-8k each. It probably takes 2 hours to clear all 4 with my 5 100s. I also kill kazzak on my 5 100s for feblight. I average around 40-45 a week and those sell for 300-350 each.

I don't know if you consider that a lot of effort or not. It takes me less than an 30 mintues a day to do 2 rounds of missions. I spend anoher 2 hours or so on the weekend trapping wolves on 3 characters and opening salvage crates on 5.

Starting fresh on a new server, (well, mostly) with only one character, fishing/cooking 125 stat food has been pretty decent.

I say mostly since I could BoA boost my fishing to 700, and already had the level 3 fishing shack blueprints unlocked from earlier.

Anoregon

I am so totally expecting a new class that is a hybrid of Warcraft and Diablo Demon hunters that if the next xpac ends up not having that I will be pretty irate.

Jag

Yeah, so I resubbed....

Think I left before 6.1 so shipyard, taanan and other stuff is new to me.

I have 2 goals. Continue the Legendary ring. I have the 680 Timeless version and get the follower quest for the Gronnling mount.

What is the best way to get followers up to 675? Which ones should I retire and how do you figure out rerolling.

Also, are Apexis still a thing or is it an older currency now?

TheYanger

Yeah, so I resubbed....

Think I left before 6.1 so shipyard, taanan and other stuff is new to me.

I have 2 goals. Continue the Legendary ring. I have the 680 Timeless version and get the follower quest for the Gronnling mount.

What is the best way to get followers up to 675? Which ones should I retire and how do you figure out rerolling.

Also, are Apexis still a thing or is it an older currency now?

Apexis is still around and is actually a good way to gear up, you get LOADS more of them in tanaan than you used to but the new gear tokens and ilevel upgrades are a lot more expensive too.
Apexis basically replaced the timeless isle 'gear my alts' mechanic last expansion.

Top Bottom