• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

I think the Fox Mount can come from the end chest, as well as some toys.

I got the item to start that on my DK earlier from the Nightfallen Emissary Cache. I also managed to kill Leystalker Douche for the first time on my Rogue earlier during Withered Training. I got to ~430 points and he popped up, and I just threw everything I could at him and got him down with 1 or 2 withered dudes left. I felt accomplished.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't really get the joke. None of this is even remotely close to being true. Rogue can do some crazy things in PvP but it isn't really out of line with other DPS classes. More than that, the idea that healers don't have power in PvP is absurd. They are the most well represented role in threes, with Resto Shaman, Mistweaver, and Holy Paladin filling out the top ranking specs.

what's out of line for rogue is the sheer amount of disruption, chasing, and cc, imo. playing a caster in BGs is absolute hell in legion.

what's out of line for rogue is the sheer amount of disruption, chasing, and cc, imo. playing a caster in BGs is absolute hell in legion.

Not sure about Sub, but I know Outlaw has a kind of unreasonable amount of that. Assassination really doesn't though--there's the Silence from Garrote which requires Stealth, Kidney and Cheap Shot (requires Stealth), and Kick on a 15 second CD. Outlaw by comparison has all 3 of the ones Assassination has, as well as Blind and Gouge. That's not to mention that they have Grappling Hook for extra mobility and just as many survivability cooldowns.

Strimei

My (very small) guild decided to give a mythic+ a shot tonight.

We definitely to gear up more as we didn't make the timer, but still, at least we should get something in the chest on Tuesday, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My (very small) guild decided to give a mythic+ a shot tonight.

We definitely to gear up more as we didn't make the timer, but still, at least we should get something in the chest on Tuesday, right?

Only if you beat the timer

scy

Nah, end of the week chest only cares about completion, in or out of timer doesn't matter. So smashing into whatever highest number you can get and finishing it eventually is still worth it for that chest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nah, end of the week chest only cares about completion, in or out of timer doesn't matter. So smashing into whatever highest number you can get and finishing it eventually is still worth it for that chest.

Oh is it? My bad then

Strimei

Phew, good.

I was not looking forward to explaining things to my guild, heh.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You can say this but it just does not line up with reality. Casters see strong representation in Battlegrounds, with Balance Druids being the most popular damage spec. Ranked battlegrounds see a strong spread of all types of casters at a high level with Affliction/Demo Warlocks, Shadow/Disc Priests, and even Elemental Shaman making up the top 15 specs. Frost Mage has proven itself as one of the strongest arena specs. Casters are very capable in PvP.

Rhaknar

Do we have many healers around here?

Im wondering if you guys use single target heals much? Theres always so much aoe dmg going off that I find little use for them usually, and I imagine its even worse at higher difficulties. As a monk I rarely use the artifact skill because I usually have to aoe instead (even if its just using vivify instead of a pure single target), and effuse is a complete rarity. Doesnt help that bith my mythic dungeon group and now the raid I did is mostly melee dps.

Also that chicken cooldown continues to be the best, love that chicken <3

Yes, I use the artifact spell and effuse on my monk. I also use healing touch on my druid if I feel I have enough time to get a cast off. But I've only healed in dungeons and I try not to use essence font too much on the monk since it's so mana intensive. Monk healing is weird but I kinda like it. I dps 90% of the time, though, as I'm usually running with the same healer and tank.

Still haven't completed a +5 within the timer which is frustrating. The tank I usually run with isn't that cautious which leads to over pulling and wiping on trash. It also didn't help that most of us got Court of Stars keystones this week. That was rough.

Atlantis

Do we have many healers around here?

Im wondering if you guys use single target heals much? Theres always so much aoe dmg going off that I find little use for them usually, and I imagine its even worse at higher difficulties. As a monk I rarely use the artifact skill because I usually have to aoe instead (even if its just using vivify instead of a pure single target), and effuse is a complete rarity. Doesnt help that bith my mythic dungeon group and now the raid I did is mostly melee dps.

Also that chicken cooldown continues to be the best, love that chicken <3

I'm a Paladin, so yes.

Rhaknar

Huh. Dunno, I rarely see a case to use effuse instead of vivify because theres always at least 2 other people that took damage besides the tank.

Also it doesnt seem to be that expensive either. More than effuse sure, but its no essence font...that one, damn!

Tarazet

I'm having fun with my enhancement shaman, though I'm not sure if it'll be competitive in dps with other classes. Last night I hit 110 and got carried through some normals and mythics. Went from 791 to 825 in a matter of hours. Now to do some lfr and keep working on suramar. Game sure is fun.

I also picked up enchanting since the guild apparently needs one but man does it look like it'll take a long time to level it up to max..

I played Druid in every previous expansion, and I rerolled a Shaman for Legion after trying out Enhancement on the PTR. It is a total beast mode right now, and it only gets better with more gear.

I think one of the worst things about joining a group of friends guild is not being part of the core because those guys will only raid or give more attention to their friends.

I think one of the worst things about joining a group of friends guild is not being part of the core because those guys will only raid or give more attention to their friends.

Yeah...the first guild I've joined this expansion was filled to the brim with that(As well as just the offensive jokes and what not). So I left it because it was really 'in group'.

The 2nd guild I joined was great, despite being a core of friends. I left that one because they were heavily pushing heroics and I just can't deal with that jazz(And didn't feel comfortable with my fire mage).

The current guild I'm in is probably perfect for me. They gave me some tips on Fire Maging, and whilst it's a group of friends, they're not as closed/offensive as the first guild, and they're doing normal progression as well(Well were doing it, took down Cenarius/Xavius with them tonight). Which is perfect for me since I"m not looking for something super hardcore like the 2nd guild.

Oh my god I'm Goldilocks

Rhaknar

Well the trick is being part of the core :p

Finally got around to watch the Warcraft movie. It was okay, I guess. Can't see how anyone unfamiliar with the games would find that understandable or easy to follow.

Atlantis

Yeah...the first guild I've joined this expansion was filled to the brim with that(As well as just the offensive jokes and what not). So I left it because it was really 'in group'.

This is the spot I'm in with my current guild. I haven't really experienced them all over voice chat yet, but there's been a few things said in chat that kind of made me raise an eyebrow.

I've managed to integrate myself into two such guilds, one back in TBC and my current guild I joined before Legion. It helps that there have been people in both guilds that clearly don't want new people to end up like that.

Also being top DPS but not being a dick about it helps

vocab

uOWrxV5.jpg

Might do a 10 EoA and a 9 arcway, but thats about it for this week.

uOWrxV5.jpg

Might do a 10 EoA and a 9 arcway, but thats about it for this week.

talking about keystones

When you check the chest in class hall, there's no indication that you completed it right? Like I did a timed run this week, and it didn't say anything about it when I checked >_>

vocab

talking about keystones

When you check the chest in class hall, there's no indication that you completed it right? Like I did a timed run this week, and it didn't say anything about it when I checked >_>

youll get your loot on tuesday based on your highest completed keystone. Just check the list from your mythic dungeon list and it tells you your highest completed.

Zackat

My guild killed Cenarius and Xavius in heroic tonight. We only raid 3 nights per week so not too bad. How is the first boss in mythic nightmare? We are doing it tomorrow.

Renekton

Ya back in TBC I joined a guild of close friends as an outsider. I get subbed out at a moment's notice for a guy who showed when he felt like it.

Didn't mind because no one expected anything out of me due to this arrangement.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Eye of Azshara is a real shitty dungeon, by the way. I don't know if that's been discussed yet.

Boring art, bad boss mechanics, forgettable boss designs, uninteresting, tedious trash, the story told within the dungeon itself is nothing, the boring 'circle' design of the dungeon itself. It honeslty feels like a dungeon they designed strictly for testing mechancis that they were then like 'fuck it, turn it into a dungeon'

But you move around after you kill one boss every so often so that's exciting!

Renekton

Eye of Azshara is a real shitty dungeon, by the way. I don't know if that's been discussed yet.

Boring art, bad boss mechanics, forgettable boss designs, uninteresting, tedious trash, the story told within the dungeon itself is nothing, the boring 'circle' design of the dungeon itself. It honeslty feels like a dungeon they designed strictly for testing mechancis that they were then like 'fuck it, turn it into a dungeon'

Can elaborate?

I don't disagree but the above is just a general vague "thing is bad".

Sarcasm

You can get +5 from completing the profession quests at the Faire, but that's it.

For the entire event or daily? I ask cause my professions are stalled. Getting no new recipes or ranks for with my cooking and my jc.

Hell mining is stuck as everything is grey.

Only thing maxed is fishing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
An entire god damn night of Mythic+ and not a single upgrade for my mage.

A lot of drops, yes. 845, 850. But not one of them is a dps upgrade because of how fucked our stat weights are (Frost).

lfajksrgfaljrgkal

Only two things I got tonight were a Frost relic and Corrupted Starlight (and it's useful only in so far as it helps with my AoE in mythic+)

For the entire event or daily? I ask cause my professions are stalled. Getting no new recipes or ranks for with my cooking and my jc.

Hell mining is stuck as everything is grey.

Only thing maxed is fishing.

Once per fair you can get +5 boost quests for your primary and secondary professions, provided they are above 75.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can elaborate?

What parts? I can't really elaborate more on boring art than 'nagas, murlocs, ancient ruins that we've seen for over 12 years, new coat of paint or not.' Most of the mechanics boil down to 'stand out of the thing that randomly appears on the ground' Different swirlies with the same results - Generic damage. A clusterfuck boss in Serpentix.

Zelias

Banned

Agreed. It's easily the worst dungeon in this xpac. Super dull and tedious.

Sölf

Agreed. It's easily the worst dungeon in this xpac. Super dull and tedious.

But Darkheart Thicket exists. Heck, the trash in there is boring, the first two bosses do basically nothing. The only somewhat interesting part is the trash to Xavius and Xavius himself.

mclem

There's a female Tauren vendor in a tent near Thunder Totem that sells "homemade milk and cheese"

Wonder where she got the milk for that >_>

Is she the one from Steamy Romance Novel: Got Milk? I know there's one point where you enter that tent and see the immediate aftermath from that story.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sölf;218885996 said:
But Darkheart Thicket exists. Heck, the trash in there is boring, the first two bosses do basically nothing. The only somewhat interesting part is the trash to Xavius and Xavius himself.

At least you rescue Malfurion and get a brief glimpse of the first main boss of the raid you'll fist head into. It's a decent cap off to the quest line in the zone you were in. Where as in Eye of Azshara, the first boss is the goon of your main 'antagonist' who was easily bested solo by Farondis. The last boss is the umm... elemental? of a character that hasn't even been indicated if she'll be a raid boss or anything.

Darkheart at least shows a quick glance of the situation for Druids and their conflict in Legion. Where as Eye of Azshara is 'Naga are here and maybe Azshara is here? We're not really sure.'

Can elaborate?

EoA's uniqueness is basically a bunch of random (and very annoying) mechanics that are persistent throughout the zone. The stupid wind blowing and lightning bolts are a huge annoyance, and while the bosses could be interesting, every single one is literally predicated on "stand here now" or "don't stand in this".

First boss has an AoE slowing thing and is only really saved by the spear mechanic. Second boss is literally Stand on Land->Stand in Water->Stand on Land->Oh she's dead. Serpentrix is decent but it's just burn him, tank rushes green head, dps burn down other two, oh and POISON EVERYWHERE FOR REASONS. The Tidehunter boss is horrible because the ground effects for Quake are miserably hard to see while also dodging the stupid blue circles and the bubble mechanic is confusing and I'm not sure you actually have to break them. The last boss is like a mechanics testing range of "get pushed and pulled around" combined with "don't stand in this stuff!"

I don't know if EoA is the worst instance, but it's definitely the one I least enjoy because of all the AoE effects and the weather effects. I think DHT is probably the laziest designed dungeon this expansion considering I still don't know what most of the mechanics are and have never wiped on a boss in that place.

agc

I'm playing on Medivh as it's my original server and where friends are, but I was wondering if there is a potential GAF group I could join just to get the clear for Emerald Nightmare? I'm mainly just wanting to beat Xavius so I can continue the Suramar quest chain and unlock my faster mount speed.

mclem

Taking an alt to 110 is a pretty trivial process, and it does feel like there is incentive to push up alts with the unique class content. The primary culprit for extended play is how Artifact Knowledge is handled. It's a tedious time gate to overall character power that undercuts the efforts of a player on a fundamental level. When you see low artifact power rewards for the same content on an alt it feels like the game is telling you to not play that character. I think it's a complete disaster that could have been easily solved by an account's highest AK applying to all characters at 110.

I'd be very surprised if there's not some bind-on-account "Give 2 levels of artifact knowledge up to a maximum of 15" sort-of-thing on the cards

It'll also partially depend on how much the research has reduced to; last I looked a fresh-starting 110 was on three days for their first researches, I dunno if it might be even lower now.

mclem

I wonder how the fate of the Heroes is gonna top this expansion, We are already at the top of the chain in our class, maybe being the King or Warchief of Azeroth?

We're going to get drained by a passing Metroid and start the next expansion wearing Twill and levelling our weapon skill.

Renekton

EoA's uniqueness is basically a bunch of random (and very annoying) mechanics that are persistent throughout the zone. The stupid wind blowing and lightning bolts are a huge annoyance, and while the bosses could be interesting, every single one is literally predicated on "stand here now" or "don't stand in this".

First boss has an AoE slowing thing and is only really saved by the spear mechanic. Second boss is literally Stand on Land->Stand in Water->Stand on Land->Oh she's dead. Serpentrix is decent but it's just burn him, tank rushes green head, dps burn down other two, oh and POISON EVERYWHERE FOR REASONS. The Tidehunter boss is horrible because the ground effects for Quake are miserably hard to see while also dodging the stupid blue circles and the bubble mechanic is confusing and I'm not sure you actually have to break them. The last boss is like a mechanics testing range of "get pushed and pulled around" combined with "don't stand in this stuff!"

I don't know if EoA is the worst instance, but it's definitely the one I least enjoy because of all the AoE effects and the weather effects. I think DHT is probably the laziest designed dungeon this expansion considering I still don't know what most of the mechanics are and have never wiped on a boss in that place.
I don't disagree but I do appreciate EoA's challenge on healers with regards to situational awareness and multi-tasking.

One second I'm trying to drop off a poison to a decent place and suddenly everybody is out of heal range to kill other sections. Or dispelling a friend at the edge and suddenly losing sight where tank repositioned to.

mclem

So, I've been hearing complaints that my consecration covers up important ground mechanics - on Maw, there were issues with it obscuring the void zones on Halbaron and the holes on Helya. I'm a prot paladin; not consecrating is not a viable option. Is there an option they can tweak to make it less intrusive?

(I might apply it myself, too, I do quite frequently get tagged with the lightning on Wrath of Azshara for similar reasons)

Top Bottom