• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is interested in playing on a PvP central server? Central time seems best since it's the closest to being in the middle of everyone. I'd like to start a GAF Horde guild, and someone else could do a GAF Alliance guild. Battles would be fun.

Also, post your character names and servers, for those jackasses who refuse to play on the central server, when the game goes retail.

GAF Horde: Central PvP
Cerebral Palsy
Mjunter

GAF Alliance: Central PvP
Screaming_Gremlin
nataku

Bah, central is going to be overrun with people thinking the exact same thing. I say we go east. The location makes no difference lag wise, and east will get less crowded earlier than the others.

Mjunter

Put me up for the PvP Central Server, whatever it will be called. I'll be joining the GAF Horde guild if and when it sets up.

My character will be Mjunter, Troll or Tauren Shaman. Still deciding between the Troll's cool attitude vs the Tauren's strengths.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
My first inclination is to go on the central pvp server, since that is the timezone I live in, but I'll go on whatever server the majority of GAF gets on.

My character is Aeryn, a human warlock.

I was thinking in the terms of gameworld time over people's connection. Don't want people to have to log in every night and have it be dark in the gameworld 99% of the time they're playing.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Anyone going to be playing a MST server? :) Going to be going Horde, not sure on PvP or PvE server yet.

Kalren

I believe I read that East and West coast servers are all in california anyways....

Either way, my brother and I will join where the majority of GAF goes.

Jupiter

I'm up for any server. I tried pacific, central and one other and they were all similar in lag. PvP if fine, but I think most of my time will be spent on PvE. I don't want to be ganked while I'm trying to complete a Quest.

By The way, will the CE Box be available at Bestbuy, Circuitcity or other BM store like that?

WoW is OUT! My friend just picked up a copy at Target.

I'm not gonna get started til January or February - gotta finish up the fall rush, first - but once I do, I wanna go PvE Horde.

Jupiter

JackFrost2012 said:

I'm not gonna get started til January or February - gotta finish up the fall rush, first - but once I do, I wanna go PvE Horde.

Are the Servers up? or will it be like HL2.

MrCheez

Hopefully servers go up Monday night, rather than on Tuesday. :) (I think Blizz confirmed that they will, since they are having a midnight party and giving away the game that night in California).

Anyway, I'm actually playing around with the idea of joining an RP server for the sole purpose of avoiding a mean-spirited and idiotic community. Hmmmmm

Ramirez

I've got mine ordered from GS with overnight shipping,so I won't have it til Tuesday,damn all of you who get it early :p

mint

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:

You live in Cali?

MrCheez

Korranator said:
I'm down.

BTW excuse the newbie MMORPH question but what is RP?

A roleplaying server, usually picked by people who want to act out their character as they play. Typically these servers have much more strict spam-moderation and name policies, etc.

I'm not necessarily interested in roleplaying, but I'm assuming a server like this will have a more mature crowd. Haven't decided yet, though, I might still do a PvP server. @_@

Mjunter

Role-playing.

For the guys who like to act out their characters. For the artist and fanfiction types hehe.

Even though I would like it to be a central server cause I live in central time zone, I will go with whereever the GAF Horde goes if it even takes off.

Edit: Beaten. Hope the RP servers really do have a strict policy. Was curious and went in during the beta and saw nothing but noobs arguing with and frustrating the real RPers.

LOL RP

as if you dont feel nerdy enough playing a mmo

:D

"forsooth young orc, haveth you a emeraled leaf, for mine gravey gobblet?"

supergay.gif

MrCheez

:lol

No one REALLY RPs on the RP servers. At least not on EQ or DAOC. The most you'll see is a bunch of people saying "Aye." =P But everyone tends to be super helpful, friendly, and mature. :)

I dunno, we shall see!

I actually encountered a fair share of RPers in closed beta. One time was this lvl 40ish ud rogue hell bent on murdering Arugal as many times as possible, and then once when I was playing a female ne druid this human starting flirting or whatever with me as I was waiting for party in town, and knelt down and gave me a rose. It was awkward. I slapped him and turned into a bear.

Buck

WoW is now available at circuit city (mine at least) rush out and get it so you can pick a name you want soon as they open it up

mint

Banned
Say are we making a guild? Or just play on the same server?

that server is gonna be freaking jam packed.

Sorry I can't join you guys... I'm going to East PvE. I'd rather not get repeatedly killed by someone 45 levels above me while i'm trying to level.

Mjunter

Heh...considering you can probably get to 60 in one month you will need some pvp to keep you busy while you wait to do those other high end content.

Would have been nice to have you come and kick some alliance ass though. But then again knowing alot of the FFXI players here, you will probably go alliance anyway.

Any ideas for the name of the guild yet?

I as well as Cmdr Solrak will be going to a RP server on the East. If not, definetly a PvE server from that same area.

We're going Alliance.

Mjunter

Well, for a lot of pvp players they think the alliance will attract the more "carebear" players who only want to lvl (god I hated people like that even in FFXI). They are the projected Albion (most DOAC players will probably already know what that means) of Wow. Also that side wll attract the kiddies who want to stare and flirt at the pretty elf women.

Plus most alliance players suck at PVP anyway (yes its a stupid generalization but I'm only speaking from my time in beta).

nataku

I'll be playing wherever most of GAF goes. Probably gonna go alliance.

Not sure if I'll have it Tuesday though. Depends on when the game cards are available. We'll see.

mint

Banned
I hope you don't have to give your CC before having your 1st month free thing..cuz I'll be going skiing in Whistler during winter break :\ Rather start paying after I get back.

SyNapSe

I will probably play wherever most of GAF goes also. I'm leaning towards being a Mage and if that's the case I really want to be Gnome. If I choose to be anything else, I'll probably go Horde. If it's like OB, the Horde area's were just a ton less crowded.

Mjunter said:
Well, for a lot of pvp players they think the alliance will attract the more "carebear" players who only want to lvl (god I hated people like that even in FFXI). They are the projected Albion (most DOAC players will probably already know what that means) of Wow. Also that side wll attract the kiddies who want to stare and flirt at the pretty elf women.

Plus most alliance players suck at PVP anyway (yes its a stupid generalization but I'm only speaking from my time in beta).

I totally see the Albion/DAoC situation taking shape, but I don't think it'll be as pronounced. I know it'll suck being part of a zerg (if it does take shape), but I have to play the race/class that I'm going to have the most fun with. I can't let things like population balance be a factor in my decision like it was in DAoC.

Alliance is going to attract "carebears", just like the Orc/Troll races are going to attract most of the Bnet crowd. While our comments are not entirely accurate, they're not entirely untrue either. :)

mint

Banned
Can we have a glossary of MMO terms? I don't understand the concept of carebears :( Is it like an exact opposite meaning of a hardcore power gamer? Someone who enjoys the scenery and community of other fellow carebears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom