• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

Yoshichan said:
I understand if Blizzard wants to change the whole mechanics of the game but two questions, the first one being how holy priests and paladins are affected by this. I haven't done much healing research in Cataclysm besides Resto Druids, but how are they getting the same treatment?

Second question, Blizzard told us they're giving every gear the same amount of health. Which obviously means everyone in a group or raid will have like 85-95k buffed. How in holy are we supposed to keep up with that, especially since we go Oom faster than anything else at the moment?

It's going to be an insane trip and I really, really don't want to participate in it. Funny, I created a druid mostly because of Cataclysm and here I am, regretting all of it in a single day.
I wouldn't worry about this, because I read that Druid is the most broken class in Cataclysm right now. Like nearly all of their abilities aren't scaling the way other classes are supposed to.

That said, I know they are kind of the odd one out in terms of healing design. Everyone else gets a basic heal (about 2.5 or 3 seconds base cast time) that heals a medium amount for very little mana, a quick heal that heals a ton of HP in 1.5 seconds for a ton of mana, and a slow heal which is usually the same cast time as the normal/medium heal, but it heals as much as the quick heal for a lot less mana.

For priests/shamans it's basically normal healing spell = heal/healing wave, fast = flash heal/lesser healing wave, slow heal = greater heal/greater healing wave.
For paladins it's normal heal = holy light, fast heal = flash of light, slow heal = divine light.
For druids I only know regrowth is supposed to be their fast heal, so it's meant to be inefficient. I think the normal heal is more like swiftmend, but I'm not sure. What I do know is they're making lifebloom into a tank heal, or at least were originally going to do that, saying they wanted it to be stackable only on one target, but it would heal for significantly more than rejuv does, and rejuv is supposed to cost a little more mana, I guess.

Balance is screwy overall right now. It takes me ages to take down a single mob and I'm happy to only lose a third of my HP, as opposed to earlier in the beta where I barely got a scratch.

J-Rzez

Mutagenic said:
When I'm attacking in bear form or with my staff, if I mash attack it'll play twice as fast. Or maybe the game starts freaking out and makes it appear it's happening faster. haha

Sounds like the animation glitch Paladins had. I guess nobody ever saw it on druids as well, probably because they all usually play trees.

SiegfriedFM said:
Balance is screwy overall right now. It takes me ages to take down a single mob and I'm happy to only lose a third of my HP, as opposed to earlier in the beta where I barely got a scratch.

Saw posts on MMOC about people complaining that they're getting nuked by caster mobs, and if they pull more than 2 mobs they die. What are these mobs hitting for melee and cast wise now? Apparently there's some caster mobs out there that are nearly one shotting people in ICC gear. :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Haha... i've got whispered by this guy :

16giutz.jpg

They're not even TRYING. Bilzz­árd? test-wow.com? :lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
J-Rzez said:
Saw posts on MMOC about people complaining that they're getting nuked by caster mobs, and if they pull more than 2 mobs they die. What are these mobs hitting for melee and cast wise now? Apparently there's some caster mobs out there that are nearly one shotting people in ICC gear. :lol

Yeah, in mostly 264 gear I was drinking/healing myself every 2-3 pulls. And yeah, if I pulled two mobs I was most likely fucked.

Chris R

I'm not in the Beta so I don't know. Are there any new 58-80 zones at all? Or will characters still be forced to go to Outlands for 58-68 and Northrend for 68-80?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom