• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Top 50 Most Dangrous Cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
If anyone wants to read the report it's here it is. Just click on "descargar". It's in Spanish and some 60 pages so it's a pretty big read.

Looks like they didn't have enough data from Africa or Western and Central Asia, which makes it a bit pointless.

It's a Mexican organization so they probably have more info from Mexico and the Americas. I'm going to look up the criteria in the report.

alterno69

Banned
Considering mexico has over 40k drug related murders a year i see why we have so many cities on the list. Fuck priistas for selling our country to the drug cartels and fuck fox and calderon for selling the country to el chapo guzman.

How is Brazil such a booming economic power when they have so many cities like this? What's the best city in Brazil where you'll 99% chance be safe? and are there hot chicks in said city

How is Brazil such a booming economic power when they have so many cities like this? What's the best city in Brazil where you'll 99% chance be safe? and are there hot chicks in said city

Brazil is poised with insane income inequality. Luckily its been at a freefall in recent years, but its still pretty damn bad.

VALIS

Granted we were only there for a week and a half, but in seeing most of New Orleans' neighborhoods, the only sketchy parts also looked 95% abandoned. The rest was very bright/friendly/crowded. Weird.

coopolon

The way things are going, Baltimore is going to start climbing. I don't know the numbers but it seems we've been having a lot of violence recently, stabbings, shootings, youth violence, etc. 2011 was a good year too, lowest in a long time. <200 murders!

BigDug13

The fact that any American city is on this list shows how this once great country is slipping away. And nothing in our current political culture will have the ability to turn it around.

It's amazing that young guys and girls can get so drunk that they pass out in the alleys of Tokyo and they have nothing to fear. When they finally wake up, their wallet and phone will still be in their pockets. One of the largest cities on the planet and probably also the safest. Where in the US can that happen?

I don't see Iraq on the top of the list. Mission Accomplished, USA! [/s]

bMtVU.jpg

Rambo-

Neo Member
Not surprised to see Honduras at top. When I was there 32 people were shot and killed at a bus by gang members. Anyone from Honduras here?

i heard people get a bonus added to their paychecks for knocking the shit out of you in new orleans so im not surprised its #21

Mechazawa

Not surprised to see Honduras at top. When I was there 32 people were shot and killed at a bus by gang members. Anyone from Honduras here?

I was born there. Family moved the fuck out when I was 2 due to the gang violence.

My mom likes to talk a lot of shit about how sometimes she feels like we're "second class" in the States and how maybe we should have never left, but then I call her out on it and mention how we should go back. Then the glorious backpedaling starts.

My parents are also always a little afraid when my Uncle goes to visit since he's white.

IrishNinja

damn, still wanna see mexico sometime. shit's worse than the hotposts in the middle east per capita.

No Miami?

the miami herald ran a story years back saying we were the worst, because they looked at FBI figures and didn't account for the huge population growth we saw at the time. shit was bad in the 80s with coke and crack, but a lotta major cities were in the same spot. it's been a minute since the reagan era though.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
whats up with south america
Latin America is in a curios position. Modern enough to have wide, reliable and public crime tracking, but still not developed enough to have those statics to show good results.

damn, still wanna see mexico sometime. shit's worse than the hotposts in the middle east per capita.
The country is still safe for tourists, specially the south. And you are probably safer in the Rivera Maya than in your house.

What is going on with Mexico? Is the whole country hijacked by drug cartel and mafia?

Power struggles between various drug cartels, financed mostly due USA drug addiction (almost all the Mexican Cities listed are northern cities).

I didn't realise Mexico had that many cities...'

What are the criteria for "Dangerous"?
This list feels strangely lacking in, for example, Asian cities.

Australia isn't mentioned because the people conducting these studies didn't make it out alive

lol, but Australia was voted as having the most livable cities in the world. You is crazy.

Seems rather Americo-centric. Only 4 African cities and they're all from SA?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

The other side of the world doesn't have a massive drug trade.

lol what. You need to get out more man. You seriously believe that?

IrishNinja

The country is still safe for tourists, specially the south. And you are probably safer in the Rivera Maya than in your house.

so basically, drug stuff closer to the border? was thinking of a south & central america trip next year, and my girl wanted to visit family in nicaragua, good to know there's a lot to see north of there without many worries.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Latin America is in a curios position. Modern enough to have wide, reliable and public crime tracking, but still not developed enough to have those statics to show good results.

Power struggles between various drug cartels, financed mostly due USA drug addiction (almost all the Mexican Cities listed are northern cities).
The cartels could peacefully coexist and split up the profits if they wanted to. But it's like they all hate each other over there. There has to be some history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom