• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst spoiler moment ever?

When some ass at the recent SCEA informational revealed that the dude who created the Colossi in Shadow of the Colossus is Ico. That hurts.

hobbitx

When it comes to GTA I'm cursed! With every new game someone always manages to spoil the main story for me. Some dumbass blurted out a Vice City spoiler in a racial debate thread here,(yeah that's right, a racial debate thread!) then my cousin blurted out a huge spoiler for SA, and a plot twist in GTA3 was ruined for me too by another idiot.

Someone told me Shiek was actually Zelda before I found out on my own (Ocarina of Time). At least I was surprised that Tetra was Zelda... because I didn't expect Nintendo to do something like that again.
Same thing happened to me with that. I was sitting down on the couch playing Zelda and right when I'm meeting Shiek he plops down next to me and says, "You know that's really Princesss Zelda?"
.......Well I do now asshole!!! :lol

Farore said:
The same thing happened to me with The Others, the worst thing was that the article wasn't about the movie but politics...

Something like that happened to me on a newsgroup. Some jerk made a thread about some big announcement (forgot what it was...a game sequel, PS3, or whatever) and all that was in his post was "in The Others, Nicole Kidman and her kids are the ghosts HA HA I SPOILED IT FOR YOU MOTHERFUCKERS". That actually made me laugh, but eventually I saw the movie and I could see how it would have been cool to learn that as intended. Still enjoyed it, though, with that "spoiled" perspective.

Matt_09

I know this is about games, but i thought i'd post this

A few years ago during our first year of Uni my friends and I rented a set of flats that we all shared, it was during the first season of 24. Anyway, Chris (friend) & I had avoided watching the entire first season of 24 and planned on watching it on DVD.

The day after theDVD release, Chris, Tom (Radioheadrule83 here on GAF) and I where sitting round talking bollox as per usual, when our friend Craig walked in to the room and started talking about how amazing 24 had been. We told him to shut the fuck up but he wanted to tell us something about it.

He then blurted out what i consider to be one of the most retarded thing anyone has even spoken to me.

"I wont tell you what happens at the end, but i can tell you that in the alternate ending, his wife doesnt die..."

Needless to say a storm of abuse flew his way but seriously, wtf? I cant believe anyone is that stupid.

ChrisReid

koam said:
I was pissed off at E3 2005 when some jackass that worked for nintendo basically told the guy next to me
"No ganon is not in this game, the last boss is the guy who guides link as a wolf"

Hehe, bravo. Great job spoiling it for everyone else.

Amir0x

Banned
Stinkles said:
A San Francisco Chronicle review of Shamalangadingdong's The Village, where their fucking idiot reviewer revealed the twist just to be a cock. I think it was Mick LaSalle. I was fuckin FURIOUS.

Did you write him a latter afterwards thanking him for helping you avoid that atrocious movie?

Matt_09 said:
He then blurted out what i consider to be one of the most retarded thing anyone has even spoken to me.

"I wont tell you what happens at the end, but i can tell you that in the alternate ending, his wife doesnt die..."

Needless to say a storm of abuse flew his way but seriously, wtf? I cant believe anyone is that stupid

Omg, I would have torn his eyes out with my bare hands. Ruining was is arguably one of the best 'ending season' twists of all time like that.

tino

Banned
You know the funny thing about The Village is everyone's guess twist endings were alot better than the real "twist".

Zeo

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
What, ICO sucked, anyhow. I'm doin' you a favor.

[01:37] <Castellan> Haha, I spoiled Shadow of the COlossus
[01:37] <Castellan> OWNED
[01:37] <Castellan> GAF RAGE +10000
[01:38] <Castellan> Revealed the big plot twist after you take down the 6th colossus
[01:38] <Castellan> the timing was too good
[01:40] <Castellan> Theywon't believe me
[01:40] <Castellan>
Ico created the colossi with the curse of the shadow queen
[01:41] <Castellan> part of
his soul is in each colossus
[01:41] <Castellan>
each one represents a part of his "sin"
[01:41] <CootMIA> whats this
sin
stuff
[01:41] <Castellan> dunno, never played Ico

Well gosh, you sure aren't trolling at all!

Raytow

I got spoiled in FF3(6) and FF7 regarding the death of some characters and got freaking tricked in the official RE4 thread about
Claire being the wolf that helps Leon, that looks a lot like Hewie btw
, but i can't see why someone would be spoiled/surprised to see Tetra as Zelda, the first time i saw her i went oh hello Zelda, the KOTOR twist was easy to figure as well(at least for me) when the main character dreamed for the second time.

Fraundorf fiction. I once read major spoilers for two games I'd later play in a single sentence. Impressive! Wild ARMs and Lufia, I think they were.

Drinky Crow said:
Nah, I was just trying to fuck with the Ico fanboys.

I don't think there's such a thing as an "Ico fanboy". It's one game. There's no crappy game in the series for you to be blind to, no bad company decision to look past due to undying loyalty. There's just not enough material there. If you liked it, you're a fan, not a 'fanboy'.

Top Bottom