• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut have won GAF GOTY in 2021?

Alternative Hypothetical 2021 Game Of The Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majormaxxx

Inspired by another great thread ;) ... what would have happened if Tsushima was released this year in its DC state.

It was a nominee last year and won for art direction but I think this year it would totally win.

I think it is better than these games, while not perfect as it gets repetitive if you go for 100% completion.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
But would Ghost of Tsushima be game of the year if it came next year and Joel from TLOU2 was in it, establishing a Sony multi-verse? Could be similar to the movie Shogun, but with time travel.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Barack Obama GIF

ethomaz

Banned
I think the 2 threads are taking nominees from last year to compare the category to this year. Returnal wasn’t nominated. LoU and GoT were.
Understood… I will fix it.
Even so there is no Returnal option so I will remove my vote.

Edit - I can’t remove my Vote :D

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Actually, I’m wrong. It’s GoT DC. Not GoT. My mistake. I was thinking of this in the same terms as the LoU2 thread from yesterday
You let me confused now :D

In any case Returnal is my choice even with GoT DE being in the list but I should choose GoT over Deathloop.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

Damn these threads!! I have EXACTLY 2 games sitting on my shelf right now, for PS4, that I didn't play yet. And these are The Last of Us 2 AND Ghost of Tsushima.

I might boot one of them up this weekend!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No, reeditions shouldn't participate. Which is why they don't.
Every time I see the 1 or 2 categories in the VGAs that have LoL, Overwatch and Fortnite, every... single... year... you just know it's there for advertisement dollars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom