• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you knowingly sleep with a married woman?

Pimpwerx

Read another thread on another board just now, and it got me thinking. How bad are my scrupples? I've done this while in Miami, and never had a second thought about it. She was a coworker of mine, and we went out together a lot. The first night I went to go pick her up, I knocked on the door, and she had me stand out there for like 10 minutes (even called me on the phone while she was in there), and then pops out and doesn't introduce me to her husband, who must have been inside. After that, I never went to the door, just called her up from the car. She's actually supposed to come up here to visit me sometime next month. :?

Now there's this other chick who I'm taking classes with, and we hang out all the time. She calls me every night, and she's always got something negative to say about her husband. She's always complaining about her body, just waiting for me to point out that big old booty and round titties are just fine...and I tell her that all the time. We pinch and play around and we're fairly close. But I haven't done anything to her, but again...I have no qualms about bending her over. I clearly have no moral compass, but would anyone else get involved with a married woman?

BTW, it's not like I actively pursue married women. My pimphand's mad strong these days, so I'm pretty much spreading it around. I'm impulsive, so I just go after anything I like. But if I know a woman is married, I don't necessarily back off. I'm not looking for justification, I know it's wrong...I just don't care. But I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I know others have mentioned doing something similar, but always under the guise of feigned regret. PEACE.

miyuru

Post pics and I'll decide :lol

But in general I treat people the way I'd like to be treated, so take from that what you will.

Pimpwerx

Hehe, no pics. I don't have a gf, and have no plans on one. I'm gonna be a player my whole life if I can. NYC's treating me alright lately. When I first moved here, though, I thought the women were as snobby as the ones in Albany. But it's gotten a lot better since I started going out more. PEACE.

suaveric

I wouldn't, because I know I'll be married one day and I wouldn't want some punk doing that to me.

If I were never told, then it wouldn't be a problem, at least until I found out

Yes I Would knowingly sleep with a married woman!

Of course I would sleep with fucking anyone (respectable) at the moment...

:(

evil ways

I don't do it due to morals or scruples, but more due to the consequences. Years ago a friend of mine who worked at the Sizzler got cozy to his much older, but still fine as hell manager and banged her from time to time, until one afternoon some guy shows up at his place and starts screaming and kicking the shit out of his front steel fence. He simply called the cops and they caught the guy still shaking and kicking the gate so they took him under custody.

While talking to the cops my friend recognized the car parked in front of his house. He knew he had fucked up so had to quit the job. Thankfully the guy never showed up again.

It's not worth it unless it's a really good lay and you can handle the "what if", especially if it's someone from work.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
No, I wouldn't sleep with any woman who is in any kind of relationship

Edit: With someone other than me

Silent Death

lemme get one or two licks
I have on several occasions maybe more because there were a couple chicks who acted suspicious. Wouldn't tell me were they lived or never wanted me to call them at a certain time, obvious I have someone else signs. The way I see it is I have no obligations to her husband that's all on her. She's a grown woman and is responsible for her own actions and has to be accountable for them.

placebo

Only if I was doing it out of spite for the husband. I have a few married coworkers that flirt with me all the time, and one in particular that I've wanted to bone since I met her, but I've also met their husbands and in each case they're stand up guys and the relationships are good. If I knew that the husbands were treating them poorly, fucking around on them, or blowing it in other ways, then I would probably be much more apt to moving things more in the direction of my libido, otherwise I'm more like miyuru -- doing unto others, and all that happy moral fiber crap.

A girl I dated a couple years ago was in the process of getting divorced, so yes, I have slept with a married woman. It was a dark dark time for me, one that I'm not extremely proud of. Pretty much a rebound situation for both of us. Oh, the joys of using each other...

Same girl then joined the Army, got knocked up and married some other guy. So glad I'm free of that one!

Your situation is different from mine, but still, DON'T DO IT.

olimario

Banned
No way.
If a married woman wants to get with a single guy, she needs to get a divorce first. That will pretty much prevent conflict.

HokieJoe

My code is to never sleep with married women. Whether it's apparent or not, there are too many potential pitfalls. Besides that, I wouldn't want to be cuckolded by someone. What goes around comes around you know.

Incidentally, I also don't sleep with chicas I happen to work with. My rather crude philosphy is: don't cut your meat where you make your bread. :)

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Last year I met this girl and we hit it off pretty well. After sleeping with her several times she confesses about her marriage an unhappy one according to her. It turned me off from her for awhile but still continued banging her. If she would have told me from the beginning I would not have. Rewind to last night..I met up with a co-worker at a bar and ended up making out with her. She mentions that she has a kid and what not which I already knew but then mentions she is still married and living with the guy didnt know that. So Im letting that one go but man she is one fine puerto rican. So even though my situations have been unknowingly I wouldnt knowlingly sleep with a married woman.

acidviper

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
It depends on if I dislike her husband or not. If he seems cool, then no, if not, no problem.

Isn't that why you go to parties and shit and dress your wife up all hot. So you can all have mindfuck orgies with other hot couples. That's why you will NEVER ever see only one hot couple at a party.

tenchir

GSG Flash said:
No, I wouldn't sleep with any woman who is in any kind of relationship.

Ditto. I wouldn't do something that I wouldn't want anyone to do to me. I would have no problem if the married woman is going to divorce the husband though or the girlfriend is going to breakup with the boyfriend. I guess it depends on the relationship.... if it is going to end, then I have no problem. If it is a rocky relationship, then no since they can still work it out.

Santo

It's called karma. You're going to end up getting married and boom your wife is going to be the little slut of the neighborhood.

callous

It was offered to me, she was 25 and fucking hot. I stopped before the pants came off because I felt like I wasn't 'doing the right thing'. I'm a complete idiot. She left her husband soon after and started doing some other guy, so my high moral standard of not wanting to contribute to the demise of a marriage was completely wasted. I won't make the same mistake again. She even told me he'd cheated on her more than once and they hadn't slept together for two years. God I'm an idiot.

VALIS

I have a few times, but they all seem passable on the karmic scale to me. I didn't seduce or go out of my way to solicit them, they came to me. One of them we were honestly in love and the other one lived next door, their marriage was on it's way to divorce and the husband was a complete dickhole.

It's amusing how many women constantly put forth that "all men are scum" stereotype, yet I'm sure many here would agree with me that there is a fuckin' ocean of married women out there lookin' for the bone.

Pimpwerx

VALIS said:
I have a few times, but they all seem passable on the karmic scale to me. I didn't seduce or go out of my way to solicit them, they came to me. One of them we were honestly in love and the other one lived next door, their marriage was on it's way to divorce and the husband was a complete dickhole.

It's amusing how many women constantly put forth that "all men are scum" stereotype, yet I'm sure many here would agree with me that there is a fuckin' ocean of married women out there lookin' for the bone.
That's the thing. This girl in my class just wants to feel sexy. Something her husband isn't giving her (for reasons I can't explain, b/c she's bangin'). There are a few married chicks in the class, and only this one actively flirts with me. The others either do it on the sly with other guys, or are legit as they appear. My only concern is that her husband is Jamaican, and those are some vengeful motherfuckers. But I'm a gracious host. When opportunity comes knocking, I let her right in. ;)

Matlock said:
Oh Duane, how low will you go?
Well, I haven't quite hit bottom yet, but I might be getting close. ;)

I think I've made my opinion of monogamy well known on here. No ring shall ever grace this finger, unless it's for fashion. And my last gf was years ago, and it was more a maintenance thing than a love thing. I'm really just about casual sex, no attachments necessary. I'm damn sure not gonna commit to anything, b/c I know I'll blow it somehow.

It's funny, b/c just the yesterday, I had to go over another classmate's place to borrow her air mattress. As I'm walking her home, we're flirting, and I'm like, "why don't we go out sometime for some drinks. blah blah blah". She'd just seen me get the number of this other girl in Prospect Park, and she's like, "that's cool...BUT ONLY AS FRIENDS." I laugh, and I'm like, "hey! I have friends...too" and give her this shit-eating grin. She says, "no way, I don't do that friends with benefits shit. I don't fuck with that." I'd asked this girl out the first week of classes. We were gonna picnic in the park. But later that day I asked this other girl from the same class out too, expecting to picnic with one in the afternoon, and go to the bar with the other in the evening. Both of them cancelled on me, and I was wondering wtf happened. Turned out, she and this other girl became good friends in the first week, and they found out about me asking them both out and were like, "who's this guy think he is?" So they were conspiring against me this whole fucking time and never told me. I figured out they were friends the next week after it happened, but I didn't know they'd discussed it. So she told me that shit yesterday and I'm like, MOTHERFUCKING KARMA. So karma's already bitten me in the ass this Summer. But I'm still pretty sure this girl's still sweet on me. So I think I'm gonna apologize to her friend Monday, and then see if I can't sweet-talk the other one during the week.

I'm still a young padowan pimp, but I think some women dig guys who can at least pretend to have some game. But this broad just saw me pull a number off some random chick I met, and she still wants it. Even after busting my chops for trying to play her and her friend. Why the hell would I want to settle down now? :lol The only thing I miss about having a gf is the regular sex. But I think about how much time and money I had to invest in it, and it's like I was paying for a really cheap prostitute...who didn't have VD. So I carry that mindset with me, and so it doesn't bother much if a girl is married or in a relationship. It's not like I'm holding a gun to anyone's head. PEACE.

Yes and I have. Its not my responsibility frankly to play marriage counselor. Maybe if she had some fucking willpower and would save their marriage. Maybe if her husband wasn't some dickhole or some cuckolded bitch thats her "yes" man.

I knew the girl in question's husband. They just got married (at age 19) and three months, she hated it. She wanted to be single but wanted to make the marriage last so now she just fucks around. After we thought we were caught (he was too much of a spineless bitch to make the accusation), we decided to break it off. She was faithful to him for only a few more weeks before screwing another guy.

Chances are if you are a spineless bitch, your girl will more often than not cheat on you.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
I slept with a couple of chicks with boyfriends back in the day...but I would never do that these days, especially with someone who's married. I have more respect for myself than that.

Bluecondor

The problem with married women is that you really have to control the situation, or it goes crazy really fast.

If a married woman wants to sleep around (unless it is one of those seemingly mythical open relationships where both partners agree), chances are - either she is looking to get revenge on her husband for cheating on her, or her husband is no longer interested in her sexually.

If it is a revenge situation, you really have to tread lightly, because both the woman and her husband are in a volatile state of mind, and, you can get into a really heavy and dramatic situation pretty quickly. I have seen this happen many times - and - usually, the guy who is cheating with the married woman ends up in some really awkward confrtontation with the husband (and vice versa if it is a married man cheating for revenge).

The "he's not interested in me sexually anymore" is just as dangerous, but for different reasons. Often, the husband literally does not care who she is with/what she is doing anymore. But - there are often external reasons why they are still married (money, children, overbearing family who would never believe in divorce). If you end up with a married woman in this state, you almost automatically become the "cool guy who understands/appreciates me in ways that my husband never has/never will." It is really freaking hard to live up to this standard, because - let's face it, you're still a normal guy with your own problems and situations.

I have always ran from revenge ones ecause of the extreme drama, but, the other type has been more of a challenge. I work with a number of women in their thirties, and I am single and in my thirties. I have always had lots of female friends, and - inevitably, I have found myself in the "cool/understanding guy" situation a few times. It is tough to be here, and I can't say that I've done great with it. But - divorce is a part of life, and, people go through it all the time. Unless you get married when you are in your early twenties, you will probably find yourself in this situation.

Anyway - as for my advice - I think your casual attitude is probably the best bet here. But - a word of caution - remember that you are being put on a pedestal as the "cool/understanding guy." Make sure that she openly agrees to it being casual, and be sure to keep checking her/yourself to see if it stays casual if you do take it to the next level. Trust me - the last thing you want is the horrible situation where she blows up at you for not meeting her idealized image of you. That is not pretty.

Boogie9IGN

Kharma's a bitch, so no

Edit:
Bluecondor said:
If a married woman wants to sleep around (unless it is one of those seemingly mythical open relationships where both partners agree), chances are - either she is looking to get revenge on her husband for cheating on her, or her husband is no longer interested in her sexually.

If it is a revenge situation, you really have to tread lightly, because both the woman and her husband are in a volatile state of mind, and, you can get into a really heavy and dramatic situation pretty quickly. I have seen this happen many times - and - usually, the guy who is cheating with the married woman ends up in some really awkward confrtontation with the husband (and vice versa if it is a married man cheating for revenge).
This is just like R Kelly's Trapped In The Closet series

Cubsfan23

Banned
Long story short, I slept with a girl for 11 months who said she was divorced, but I found out afterwards she was just legally seperated. Fucked up thing is that I knew a lot of her friends/co-workers, and they never said anything to me.

Anyway, prepare for the worst if you decide to do it.

MoxManiac

In theory, no. In practice, well, honestly I can't say 100% whether it'd stop me. I'd like to say It would.

She's more at fault for deliberately cheating on her husband than you are, anyways. It takes two to cheat.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
DJ Sl4m said:
My GF is married.

Keep in mind, not all situations are as cut and dry as we'd like em to be.

so you're saying you could beat up her husband pretty easily?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Drinky Crow said:
Jesus, who himself never says gays are bad, SPECIFICALLY says divorces are bad, olimario.

... and yet "Christian America" has an incredibly high divorce rate.

(Grumbles under his breath about something or another dealing with lackluster Christianity in the world today...)

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
DavidDayton said:
... and yet "Christian America" has an incredibly high divorce rate.
o well thats probably because of them librals.

I've slept with 3 married women and one of them I had a relationship with for over a year while I was dating someone else. I'm not particularly proud of that but I never really talk about it and this place is pretty anonymous so what the hell.

My recommendation: don't get involved. Shit just gets way too complicated.

Top Bottom