• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Labolas

never seen tony like this lol

rick james cocaine GIF

AJUMP23

I haven't finished they PPV yet, But I have enjoyed it . Other than Soho not knowing how to do a sharp shooter.

My kids and I finished the JAS match. A Lot of fun.

Talonz

MJF calling TK a fucking mark made my night(and not because I hate TK or anything). lol

What a great promo.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

The MJF TK feud is obviously an act now - but damn if that wasnt one of the greatest promos in recent years.
And for his age - just amazing. The arena was going crazy.

Cool that Miro is back.
Miro v Wardlow in the future please.

DKehoe

Wardlow needs some new music. That generic metal music he's using just doesn't wow anyone. It's not iconic music for him.
When MJF kept calling him Pig I wondered if Tony was going to pay up to have Black Sabbath’s War Pigs as his entrance music starting from Double or Nothing. It’d probably be really expensive but he’s shown in the past that he’ll pay up for that kind of thing.

Fox Mulder

Stop jumping into crowds man.

Shame that summer of punk is off. Feels like the reason they’d pick Moxley to face the winner of a battle royale is to have an interim title match with Tanahashi at forbidden door.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Interim champions are dumb. How long a timetable is he out? Omega barely wrestled as champ for long stretches. Is Danielson hurt too? Between the leg that I'm not sure if that was legit or him playing it up, and the finish to the Anarchy match I figured he was hurt too. I don't want to see a dude get a second title reign in Mox or Hangman this early, or this way. If you can work a deal with NJPW put it on Tanahashi with very limited appearances and make it about dudes working their way to the number 1 ranking to draw it out and focus on just putting on great matches more then title storyline.

Dthomp

Maybe a few months.

The Danielson leg thing was a work.

Anyhoo, it will be Mox vs someone at FD.

Bleh, Tony Khans love boner over Moxley is showing a bit too much here. That pretty much rules out Danielson getting a summer run leading to him and Punk dream match. Wonder if they'll continue this nonsense JAS feud and have Jerichos minions help him win, or do we get Hangman/Moxley that didn't get to happen? Either way, not liking either man being a two time champ already. Interim champ if it's a short time, would be huge to catapult someone who's almost there, but that would require Moxley to take an L...

Dthomp

MJF wins the battle royale. Beats Mox. Beats Punk. Then he walks out of AEW with the belt.

lol, can't wait to see that all over r/SC, I hate the worked shoot shit with MJF, it's the kind of dumb shit wcw would have done in their hayday. MJFs character was fine as is, other then never wrestling and then when he did it was always a big PPV loss. Dude needs to go away for a while, and come back with a focus. Cause the whole, I hate my boss, gonna make this place hell angle is played out and done. This isn't the same generation that half the folk believed Austin hated McMahon, it's two dudes trying to make money from and off of each other.

Personally, I don't care for his feuds over the last year...cause they all go the same. They drag forever, he dodges them while throwing "Henchmen" at them until he finally gets his at a PPV and then we start the boring cycle over again. Mox being the other guy sucks, cause even if you want to have MJF win the rumble, having something like him vs. Jungle Boy (Christian can finally turn here), or Miro, could be a huge opportunity for these dudes over the summer til Punk returns to take back his belt.

Bullet Club

MJF/Tony will be interesting just to see if they try to turn Tony into an onscreen character. Coked up Tony cutting promos while blinking and twitching all over the place will be must see TV.

Miro/Punk could be great but Miro will be going after the TNT title again.

Naked Lunch

Stop jumping into crowds man.

Shame that summer of punk is off. Feels like the reason they’d pick Moxley to face the winner of a battle royale is to have an interim title match with Tanahashi at forbidden door.
Is that how he got hurt? I do remember him jumping into the crowd on this week's Dynamite and it looked like he had a messed up landing.

I dont particularly like the dude but this is a real bummer. Its gotta be pretty depressing (especially as an older dude now) being gone all those years, coming back, make it to this moment to have this happen. It was a pretty classy approach handling it this way having him talk about it. Usually wrestling seems to cover up and hide injuries.

dave_d

lol, can't wait to see that all over r/SC, I hate the worked shoot shit with MJF, it's the kind of dumb shit wcw would have done in their hayday. MJFs character was fine as is, other then never wrestling and then when he did it was always a big PPV loss. Dude needs to go away for a while, and come back with a focus. Cause the whole, I hate my boss, gonna make this place hell angle is played out and done. This isn't the same generation that half the folk believed Austin hated McMahon, it's two dudes trying to make money from and off of each other.
About the only way we could buy this would be if Khan takes another page from the past to make it more "real" by doing the Pillman and firing MJF for real. I know I know, Tony might do that because "I'm smarter than those old WCW bookers, I can do it without it blowing up in my face."

Seraphym

How banged up is Joe? I know he is RoH champion, but the guy can work and could legit put TK's wet dream champions through their paces.
Plus holding two titles doesn't 'need' to defend each every week.

Dthomp

Why not just book Mox vs. Tana now? You think a guy as overly protected as Mox is losing to a dude that already had to survive a battle royal earlier in the night? Or we getting SUPERCENA....I mean Hangman overcoming the odds to a chorus of mehs and another matchup with Punk? This summer went from being something I really wanted with Punk wanting matches with Danielson and others to a boring summer of either Mox or more no ratings Page.

Top Bottom