• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Very good promo.
Super Mario Animation GIF by Mashed

Cant unsee his curly moustache

Will Ospreay vs Kenny being teased

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah, can't believe they made Titus say all that bullshit.

Titus is one of the most genuinely good guy in the industry. Don't sully him with your fucking BS, Vince.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Brody King vs Darby was hard to watch, My wife and I worry we will see Darby get permanently hurt on live TV.
Thats kind of his whole shtick - but hes going to get permanently hurt sooner or later doing that nonsense.
I can just hear the planning: "Throw me around as crazy as you can Brody"
He even gave the dude a wedgie - heh.

Darby almost killed himself 3 seconds into the match when his feet got caught in the ropes on his 1st suicide dive.
His best moments in AEW are getting thrown down a flight a stairs - its gonna catch up.

I do give him credit for actually losing these matches though - rather than always winning after getting beat down like that.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Thats kind of his whole shtick - but hes going to get permanently hurt sooner or later doing that nonsense.

Darby almost killed himself 3 seconds into the match when his feet got caught in the ropes on his 1st suicide dive.
His best moments in AEW are getting thrown down a flight a stairs - its gonna catch up.

I do give him credit for actually losing these matches though - rather than always winning after getting beat down like that.
To be fair he weighs probably next to nothing so he may bounce more. Which makes me sick to think about it. If he was heavier no way he could take those bumps. But yeah. He is trading in his old age health for use now. Don’t do it man. Makes me wonder how shot to shit will Ospreay’s knees will be in future. High flying moves will take a toil on his knees look at Matt and Nick they start to have wear and tear and Matt and Jeff. They have that walk from taking those moves. Tbh when people say wrestling isn’t real etc. Yeah we all get that. But the sacrifices some wrestlers make to their bodies and health is Insane at times.

Especially as “flippy” style is evolving.
I’m sure they will loosen the ring Mat up to accommodate but yeah, It’s gotta take its toil.

Last edited:

dave_d

He's like Mick Foley. I mean they both got people to look at them by trying to kill themselves. Just like Mick somebody should tell Darby "We like you, we want to see you, stop trying to kill yourself."

DKehoe

He's like Mick Foley. I mean they both got people to look at them by trying to kill themselves. Just like Mick somebody should tell Darby "We like you, we want to see you, stop trying to kill yourself."
Mick Foley walked right by me a few years ago and seeing what his walk now looks like up close is something that really stuck with me.

dave_d

Mick Foley walked right by me a few years ago and seeing what his walk now looks like up close is something that really stuck with me.
Every time I see him on TV these days and the way he moves all I can think is that it looks like everything on him hurts.(And that sucks)

Hayabusa83

Banned
I tried to really like AEW, but lately I can't. That Jericho and Kingston barbed wire match was an overbooked mess. Tay Conti and Ana Jay should be in developmental somewhere.

I really don't know what people see in Punk, Moxley, Yuta.... These guys look like jobbers. Conversely, guys like Miro and Malakai Black have really impressed me so far. I feel like they are even botching Wardlow's run with the TV Title. I don't mind OC, but going almost 20 minutes against Wardlow? C'mon.

Fox Mulder

I tried to really like AEW, but lately I can't. That Jericho and Kingston barbed wire match was an overbooked mess. Tay Conti and Ana Jay should be in developmental somewhere.

I really don't know what people see in Punk, Moxley, Yuta.... These guys look like jobbers. Conversely, guys like Miro and Malakai Black have really impressed me so far. I feel like they are even botching Wardlow's run with the TV Title. I don't mind OC, but going almost 20 minutes against Wardlow? C'mon.

I think even AEW fans will say that barbed wire match was messy and overbooked. Jericho shouldn’t have won either.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Wow multiple wwe news insiders are saying Brock's basically left saying that if vince is gone so is he.

One week before the PPV, excuse me, premium live event with him in the main event, lol.

adamsapple

whelp looks like the brock thing was either deliberate false rumors or they convinced him in time, cause he was at the show tonight.

Talonz

I find it cringe that people are celebrating his retirement while he has pretty serious alleged issues with treating some women like cattle. If it came up that Tony Kahn did the same thing, he would be crucified.

Hayabusa83

Banned
I find it cringe that people are celebrating his retirement while he has pretty serious alleged issues with treating some women like cattle. If it came up that Tony Kahn did the same thing, he would be crucified.

Read Sex, Lies, and Headlocks. Vince has been banging secretaries and snorting coke since at least the early 80s. The allegations have been out there for years.

Top Bottom