• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWC: Batman Begins Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

"For the few hundred folks who managed to attend this once in a lifetime panel, they were treated to not only breathtaking glimpses of Batman training in the Himalayan mountains, but a rare look at one of the villains of the movie, the Scarecrow!

Also seen was the Batmobile, in action for the first time, as Christian Bale told Morgan Freeman (after trying out a different colored version of the automobile) "Does it come in black?" The scene following had the ultra-sleak Batmobile lumbering through a dark alleyway on its way to a crime scene presumably. Goyer and Nolan added the design for the Batmobile was chosen not because of what it looked like, but for what it could do. Nolan was always amazed that Batman had this vehicle but never really utilized it in any film, so a thrilling car chase scene is something fans can look forward to.

The montage included a seen of him suiting up in gear and terrorizing thugs on a heist. Lights exploded throughout the warehouse and the climax of the piece was when one of the crooks screamed, "Where are you??." Batman appeared behind him, upside down and with a chilling voice, "Right here!" before lifting him off the ground and into the ceiling."

:O

There better be a bootleg of that footage online in the next 24 hours or I am raising hell.

"There was only one shot of Scarecrow, but he looked great. It's a spare brown mask over his face. There's not a lot of overly dramatic costuming present. There's no over-the-top campy elements to it. The puff of smoke shooting from his hand was practical and perhaps a bit cheesy looking, but with the right editing and color correction, that won't be a problem.

The Batmobile received, perhaps, the biggest cheer and the largest punchline in the package, as Bruce Wayne test drives the funky six wheeled supercar. He's seen driving a khaki-colored version of it around in a warehouse setting. The clip cuts to him in the driver's seat asking Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), "Does it come in black?" Huge laughter from the crowd. "

jam.gif
jam.gif
jam.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I don't think I've ever been this excited about a film, not even as a child. Everything I hear about it sounds great. And I absolutely cannot wait to get a glimpse of the Scarecrow costume. I can imagine it being really creepy on film.

Shinobi

Heh, I've yet to read the script despite it being buried on my hard drive somewhere. Chances are it'll stay unread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom