• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 2021: 10 games to look out for

Vasto

Now that we are in the 1st year of the new console releases lets take a look at some of what Xbox has coming in 2021.

Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis​

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide​

Shredders​

CrossfireX​

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2​

The Ascent​

Halo Infinite​

The Gunk​

The Medium​

Song of Iron​

Last edited:

Vasto

Hopefully this will finally be the year.

This is the latest update from Shannon Loftis last month on Age Of Empires IV.

We are making great progress on Age of Empires IV. I don’t want to make you jealous, but we are literally playing this game every single day—both in Washington and in Vancouver.

RTS development is funny: it takes a while to build the separate systems (AI, economy, sim, rendering, etc), and then it takes a while for them to come together. But when they do, you suddenly have a game—a game that needs debugging and balance and polish— but the core of the game that you know you’re going to ship. And the best part is that it feels like an Age of Empires game.

Our partners at Relic have been incredible stalwarts as we all migrated development from office to home, and modified (through trial and error) our processes to help facilitate productivity to keep the game on track. So much passion, such great developers, artists, designers, narrators, audio experts, and community—not to mention the backbone functions that keep the company going.

Bartski

Gold Member
The clip from Stalker looked amazing, can't wait to see some real gameplay.
Medium is kinda janky but the vibe is there and I have faith in Blooper.
Ascent looks super cool I hope they don't screw it up, definitely checking it out.
And Song of Iron could be one of those indie gems of the year, I love this kind of stuff.

I'm an xbox fan. Have been for four generations. I thought Kinect and 'fist bump' were slaps in the face, but that line-up...fuck me.

Halo 2021 for Xbone*, X1X**, XSS*** and XSX**** is an embarrassment. Come on Microsoft, Condemned is out in the cold and you're bringing me this dross

* = Multiplayer small team games only
**= Multiplayer and single player campaign only
***= Multiplayer, single and co-op campaign only, 1080p
****= Full game.

Vasto

Looking forward to Halo Infinite.

Otherwise, I will be playing a ton of third party games this year on Xbox. This is going to be a great year :)

Also most of this on Game Pass Day 1. I am already subbed all the way through 2021 so I am just waiting on them to release.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Please tell me all of those are coming to PC. PO2 and Darktide look amazing, and The Ascent seems like a cool co-op game.

Gimme the gunk though!

I'd be happy to...

tenor.gif

MrS

Banned
Would only pick up The Ascent, Halo Infinite and STALKER 2 out of those games if I had an Xbox. The Ascent particularly looks right up my street and STALKER 2 looks atmospheric af.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
New genesis looks interesting but I'm confused as to what it is exactly. I played PSO2 quite a bit, is this like a reboot kinda like FFXIV? The gameplay looks incredib;y different than what I played on PSO2.

Also Interested in The Medium and Halo. What's going on with Chorus? The trailer with the shaved head lady looked really good. Also not on OP's List

Last edited:

Vasto

New genesis looks interesting but I'm confused as to what it is exactly. I played PSO2 quite a bit, is this like a reboot kinda like FFXIV? The gameplay looks incredib;y different than what I played on PSO2.

Also Interested in The Medium and Halo. What's going on with Chorus? The trailer with the shaved head lady looked really good. Also not on OP's List

New Genesis is going to be like a Phantasy Star Online 2.5 update. As a pc mmo player I am super excited for it.

Chorus looks good but I could not list everything because after a certain amount of YouTube videos the site would not embed them for viewing so I just listed some.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
New Genesis is going to be like a Phantasy Star Online 2.5 update. As a pc mmo player I am super excited for it.

Chorus looks good but I could not list everything because after a certain amount of YouTube videos the site would not embed them for viewing so I just listed some.

Gotcha and thanks for the info.

Kagey K

Banned

I was confused about it too, but this thread (both the op and post 5) helped clear up some info for me.

Top Bottom