• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 2021: 10 games to look out for

ZehDon

Gold Member
If half the games on this list actually deliver on their potential, we're in for a stellar year. STALKER 2 in particular; I want it to be good so bad...

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 promo material not really melting off faces right now, but I'm open to some getting over here

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i've never heard of any of them except the medium + halo. halo is probably the only game i want to play but i'll play that on PC.

Cyberpunkd

Was so excited for warhammer until i realized its a coop nonsense.

Gimme the gunk though!
This is from Vermintide dev, it's a great game. Give it a try if you can.

All games look quite unique and cool, I am surprised Flight Simulator didn't make the list since it's something very unique and pushes cloud technology in an interesting direction.

Turnstyle

Some great looking games coming to Xbox/Gamepass in 2021!

Here's a couple more than personally I'm really looking forward to:

12 Minutes

Been excited about this one since I saw a preview on Giant Bomb. Looking it up, I can see that was in 2015! The game takes place in a top down view of an apartment. 'Events' unfold, leading to the cops coming to arrest you. You have to replay the situation, taking what you've learned and trying to improve the outcome. The Microsoft money has clearly had an impact on the game, as it now has voice acting from Daisy Ridley, Willem Dafoe and James McAvoy. No release date set, but originally it was pegged for 2020, so it seems imminent. Confirmed for Game Pass.

Backbone

This is a pixel art, noir detective-style game. You play a private investigator (who happens to be a racoon in a trench coat), and the game starts with you investigating a client's husband. However, it soon becomes clear that there is something more sinister at play than a simple affair. The game is a mix of point and click adventure game and stealth. It also has a touch of Deus Ex in there too, as in the short Steam demo, it's possible to infiltrate a building in more than one way, based on who you talk to, the items you find. It looks like a really awesome concept, and the art is incredible. Another one that has been confirmed for Game Pass.

FrozenFlame

You mean like a Battle for Middle-Earth III? Yeah, I'd be down for that. But EA don't have the license anymore for that, I think.
No, they don't. That's why that unfortunately both BFME 1 and 2 aren't available to be purchased digitally.

12 Minutes is the only game I would enjoy. Xbox always has that random game a year I get bummed about. Like cuphead. Which I bought on PC on launch but never played it. Then bought on PS4 on launch, but didnt play play till PS5 released. Now im just the Dice King boss on expert away from Platinum. My parrying on the final act turns to shit after flying through the rest.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm quite looking forward to Stalker 2 and Halo Infinite, but as far as I know, neither developer is really proven at this point. This year feels like a gamble that could pay off big or sink Xbox in it's first year.

Top Bottom