• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Racing Games

Kingpen

I don't know how the heck to choose between these 3 games- Full Auto, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Project Gotham Racing 3!

PGR is a favorite of mine from back in the Dreamcast days and is pretty much the farthest sim wise I will go cause I hate games like GT4 and Forza (They are too technical). And I realize that PGR isn't really that sim like.

Need for Speed Most Wanted is a highly anticipated game for me because it looks to go back to the Hot Pursuit roots with the cop chase. I'll definetely be getting this.

Full Auto looks to be a wildcard, but it has gotten a lot of hype, and it looks pretty fun to go an blow as much stuff up..

I am most likely going to get 2 out of the 3, but damn if I am not tempted just to say F* and get all 3.

Add to this the fact that I can't trim my list down of games, cause they all look great.
Perfect Dark 0 - If this is anything like the N64 single player, I am all over this. I like that it has bots too

Dead or Alive 4 - big fan of the series
Saints Row - My most anticipated Title
NHL2k6 - My most anticipated Title x 2
Madden - looks really hot
The Outfit - Mercenaries next Gen style? Count me in
99 Nights - If this is anything like Kingdom Under Fire, count me in- That game was one of the ones that made me get an xbox.

Thank god Burnout isn't coming at launch as well. I've already got the system and 5 games paid off due to trade in credit. This launch is looking amazing

Blimblim

The Inside Track
sonycowboy said:
I wonder if it's possible to count the number of BlimBlim PGR posts? Probably close to the number of my NPD posts at this point.
I'm a complete fanboy of PGR2 :)

thorns

Banned
Don't forget Test Drive.. NFS:MW enviroment looks bland I think (I want something with trees etc, for city I have PGR..) It could be a big surprise if the game turns out quality.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
thorns said:
Don't forget Test Drive.. NFS:MW enviroment looks bland I think (I want something with trees etc, for city I have PGR..) It could be a big surprise if the game turns out quality.
I have big hopes for Test Drive. Too bad it doesn't look like Atari will let us pay a visit to this game developers Eden Studios :(

Gek54

Eden showed alot of potential with V-rally 3 and Porsche Unleashed was on of the best NFS games. Interest +100 knowing they are behind this latest Test Drive.

I find it interesting that Microsoft isn't releasing any info on Forza 2 at this point. I mean chances are it will be a 2007 release but still. I suppose they want to give the spotlight to PGR3.

Oh and I never owned PGR 1 or 2 but I enjoyed them. I'll be picking up 3 at launch. :)

Gek54

...and they just released Forza a couple of months ago. I dont think it would be wise to let people think that the should hold off and wait for Forza 2.

Gek54 said:
...and they just released Forza a couple of months ago. I dont think it would be wise to let people think that the should hold off and wait for Forza 2.

Yeah... very true. I guess from my perspective on racing games by no means am I a guru, but I'd say Forza represents the more "sim" feel that Sony has with GT4 and PGR is more say... Ridge Racer, Daytona USA racing feel to it. Not knocking the PGR franchise because it is a sweet game to say the least. But, I do think each game holds it's own merits.

thorns

Banned
I think the Test Drive name hurts the game more than it helps.. they should have called it something else :/ It will almost surely bomb..

I think Forza 2 will be out 2006 holiday season, they have no DLC for Forza meaning everyone must be working full force on Forza 2, and I'm sure production on Forza 2 started
even before Forza shipped.

I hope they have modelled interiors + FFB support + 60fps in Forza 2.. Also tweak the algorithm to make the car classes more balanced. I'm sure they'll have a ton of new online features. Also being able to have 20+ car grids would be awesome. That's about what I want from Forza :p

Gek54

thorns said:
I hope they have .... FFB support + 60fps in Forza 2..
homer_drool.gif

Rhindle

thorns said:
I think the Test Drive name hurts the game more than it helps.. they should have called it something else :/ It will almost surely bomb..
Yah, Atari should just drop the Test Drive name already.

Come to think of it, they should just drop the Atari name already.

Top Bottom