• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox announces Xbox Series X Console Wraps

AlexxKidd

We’re excited to announce that Xbox Series X Console Wraps are launching this year, and pre-orders start today. We know gamers want to be able to customize their consoles and show support for their favorite games, and we are delivering an option that’s more affordable and more sustainable than purchasing a special edition or limited edition console. With the launch of Series X Console Wraps, you can customize the console you already have.

Starfield-Xbox-Wrap-Details-8670f20dc5de546cb84f.jpg

EDIT:

looks like its $50?

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Finally… a white XSX. Is the price announced already?

Edit: 49.99 USD
They saw Sony making money with PS5 plates most likely.

Still don't know if this is better for revenue than dedicated limited edition consoles, but if Xbox is playing copycat to Sony on it they must believe so.
There were faceplates back in the 360 generation, this isn’t anything new.

Last edited:

xBlueStonex

This shouldn't be more than 10 max 20 dollars it's a sticker ffs
It's not a sticker:
Designed to perfectly surround your Xbox Series X, the inside of each Xbox console wrap consists of soft, silicone print material. Each Xbox Series X wrap is fastened by a Velcro enclosure, no tools or adhesives required. Transform your console with Xbox Series X console wraps.*

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If you mean PS5 covers, sure, but this is like wrapping your console in a thermally insulating layer in case it gets cold.

The wraps were designed specifically for Series X and have a custom, precision fit. Every detail was taken into consideration to ensure your console performance is preserved– vents are all clear, and small feet were added to the bottom of the wraps to ensure air can flow freely through the console.

Great idea, like the PS5 face plates.

And like the faceplates, shocking pricing strategy.

True, but that Starfield one looks so good tho.

Last edited:

Forsythia

Are these stickers? If so, I cannot wait to fuck over my €50 wrap by misplacing it a few mm.

[edit] Okay, so not a sticker, that's better

Last edited:

Drew1440

Looks nice, but if rather have proper limited edition consoles like the Halo Infinite model. They did lots of limited edition 360 and One consoles, some with custom startup beeps which were a nice touch.

Ozriel

M$FT
They saw Sony making money with PS5 plates most likely.

Still don't know if this is better for revenue than dedicated limited edition consoles, but if Xbox is playing copycat to Sony on it they must believe so.

Microsoft has been heavily into customization for a while. faceplates for the 360, extensive design labs for Xbox One and Series controllers, custom Xbox One S consoles….

Are you new to gaming?

Fbh

Good idea.
$50 is bit high but if you want your console to look different it's still way cheaper than having to buy a limited edition one.

Not a fan of this design in particular though. When looking at it from the front most people who aren't in the known will probably assume it's a pride console lol.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I will admit I am tempted by that Starfield one.

PS5 classic grey plates plus Starfield XSX would look pretty good.

That's nice. Not for me, but for people into this kind of thing that's a pretty clever way of doing it.

Any idea what the second part of this means? "Technical call outs detail actual console functionality, with an in-game twist."

Punished Miku

Gold Member
That's nice. Not for me, but for people into this kind of thing that's a pretty clever way of doing it.

Any idea what the second part of this means? "Technical call outs detail actual console functionality, with an in-game twist."
The Starfield controller has little details on it that reference the ship controls in game. My guess is it points to the power and disc buttons in a way that references something in Starfield, but I don't know honestly what that means.

Red5

This would look awesome with the Starfield controller and headset.

Wish they would make official PC case mods for Starfield and other games like Cyberpunk, I know some exist but I don't think for sale.

twilo99

This would look awesome with the Starfield controller and headset.

Wish they would make official PC case mods for Starfield and other games like Cyberpunk, I know some exist but I don't think for sale.

Too much variance in case design, etc. It will be hard to pull off.

Microsoft just need to cave and start selling xbox branded PCs ..

midnightAI

you can make the exact same thing out of thin card for a couple of quid (and if your printer can print on thin card you could print it too, if not, thats what paint/pens/airbrush is for if you are creative enough.

The Series X is just a box, so making a custom sleeve is simple

Top Bottom