• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Expected to Gain Console Software Market Share over PlayStation & Nintendo By 2026

Romulus

I think the Series S will be reduced permanently to $200 in year or 2. And that being the cheapest option to play half decent versions of Bethesda etc games will be huge imo.

Hezekiah

Banned
Enjoy Starfield on PS5 this November.
  1. I own a gaming PC, so if Starfield isn't a janky mess like most Bethesda games on release, I will enjoy it.
  2. You have no idea of what is going to happen with CoD. If we're placing weight on Microsoft's public statements like a lot of people seem to, those regarding CoD differ quite significantly to what they've said about Bethesda games.
  3. Your desperation is clear to see.

Rubik8

If MS doesn’t make significant gains in market share this generation, they may as well pack it in and shelve Xbox. They are doing all the right things and if it doesn’t work, it’s a lost cause.

Zeroing

Banned
This is assuming of course that their rivals do nothing at all and just watch.

Enjoy Starfield on PS5 this November.
When you throw a game (that still has not released) as console wars ammo...
  1. I own a gaming PC, so if Starfield isn't a janky mess like most Bethesda games on release, I will enjoy it.
  2. You have no idea of what is going to happen with CoD. If we're placing weight on Microsoft's public statements like a lot of people seem to, those regarding CoD differ quite significantly to what they've said about Bethesda games.
  3. Your desperation is clear to see.
I see a clear distinction between the 3 fanbase groups

Xbox fans are closer to Apple fanboys than they really realise, not saying all groups are not filled with delusional fans, Sony fans can be a overdramatic but Xbox fans are just like the Apple fans, impossible to make a conversation that does not involves kissing their beloved company.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
When you throw a game (that still has not released) as console wars ammo...

Yeah .. which sad user with console brand loyalty would do that .. bring Starfield into a topic about software market shares in the first place ..

Wonder what the dreamers will say when/if Starfield is delayed to next year.

thinking-emoji.gif

Prediction on a revenue basis?

It's kinda meaningless. There are so many factors driving sales revenue of all three companies that this kind of prediction is the equivalent of throwing shit at a wall and hoping at least some of it sticks.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Prediction on a revenue basis?

It's kinda meaningless. There are so many factors driving sales revenue of all three companies that this kind of prediction is the equivalent of throwing shit at a wall and hoping at least some of it sticks.
I discarded this "forecast" altogether so I didn't even notice that the prediction was based on a revenue basis -- which is incredibly stupid.

If you buy a ton of companies and consolidate them under one umbrella, your revenue share will definitely increase. But with aggressive growth comes ROI volatility. Without looking into operating and net profits of the division, there is no point.

Zeroing

Banned
I imagine many simple things make you confused.

Blaming an entire group of people for your inability to discuss something... Because they refuse to accept your preconceived narrative that isn't reflective of reality is amazing... and not in a good way.
Great and we are already on the personal attacks. As usual keeping it classy! kinda proves my point doesn’t it?

I find it amazing that you wrote all that and basically means nothing! Now that’s a great narrative that isn’t reflecting of reality!

If people don’t know how to take a joke or do not know what a joke is… then it’s not my problem!

Great and we are already on the personal attacks. As usual keeping it classy! kinda proves my point doesn’t it?

I find it amazing that you wrote all that and basically means nothing! Now that’s a great narrative that isn’t reflecting of reality!

If people don’t know how to take a joke or do not know what a joke is… then it’s not my problem!
I imagine you find many basic things amazing.

See the joke? See how it's a play on your words, directed back at you? It's really not that uncommon.

Now you whining about not being able to capably have a discussion with Xbox fans because of some inherent fault with all of them is suddenly a joke? Nah, that's you wishing it was.

You made an ignorant comment and got called out on it. Simple as that. Had your accusation been founded in reality or based on a truth, you'd be able to better defend it, instead of walking it back by claiming it was really a joke all along.

Thirty7ven

Banned
You’ll get MW2 and Warzone this year on PS5. There‘s no 2023 COD. PS5 will continue to get Warzone updates, but if you want to play Black Ops VI, you’ll need a Gamepass device.

Bet on it, if BO IV comes out on PS5 you have to sell your Xbox and never play Xbox again and switch to PS5 exclusively where you will suffer till the end of days.

Zeroing

Banned
I imagine you find many basic things amazing.

See the joke? See how it's a play on your words, directed back at you? It's really not that uncommon.

Now you whining about not being able to capably have a discussion with Xbox fans because of some inherent fault with all of them is suddenly a joke? Nah, that's you wishing it was.

You made an ignorant comment and got called out on it. Simple as that. Had your accusation been founded in reality or based on a truth, you'd be able to better defend it, instead of walking it back by claiming it was really a joke all along.
One think it’s making a joke about a group and exaggerating making it silly and funny another is replying directly to someone and saying you are this!

All this long text and still nothing!

Go on my post history! You’ll see tons of “lol” reactions. People know when I’m joking or not, clearly you do not.

The true issue here is, you not taking a joke, feeling “hurt” and the need to call out someone for being “ignorant” while this thread is made up of ignorant or funny posts!!!

Welcome to neogaf!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wait. They are predicting Xbox will have 27% market share, Nintendo will have 34% and Sony will have 39%?

It sounded (to me) like you were saying they predicted Xbox to be in first in 4 years, but they're just saying they'll still be last, but not quite as far behind? I dont think that anyone would predict that they wouldn't gain some ground, Xbox One was a low point and they've been spending a ton of studio acquisitions.

I'd think only having 27% by 2026 would be a disappointment to Microsoft.

It would be a HUGE disappointment for MS.

KXVXII9X

At this point I don't care who is on top (not that I ever did). All I care about is this generation starting to put out games that are current gen only, with good quality and less greed being the driver of most of the decisions.

Fun fact, Microsoft and Xbox have already been longer in the gaming industry than Sega did as a console maker.
True as that may be it isn't stopped people from predicting MS' exit from console gaming. 20 years later and still hoping they'll drop out and leave Sony with monopoly. Weird these people want fewer options in the gaming space.

True as that may be it isn't stopped people from predicting MS' exit from console gaming. 20 years later and still hoping they'll drop out and leave Sony with monopoly. Weird these people want fewer options in the gaming space.
After MS drop 8 billion and a whopping 70 Billion for Bethesda and Activision to booster the Xbox i think we can safely say they not leaving
They pumping more money into the Xbox division then ever before

After MS drop 8 billion and a whopping 70 Billion for Bethesda and Activision to booster the Xbox i think we can safely say they not leaving
They pumping more money into the Xbox division then ever before
Yup and more competition is good for gamers. There is no way they would offer the value they are if it wasn't for the competition. These companies should work for our money.

kingfey

Banned
Are you new here? You know anything that could potentially be positive Xbox news turns into a war.
Still the rules are rules here. Doesnt matter what the console is, No Console war.

These company dont pay attention to our discussion anyway. So its useless to argue about these things. Treat it that way.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Xbox brand made MS seem cool. Without it younger people would not care about MS. They MS are the laughing stock of tech news… it’s one mess after the other. Even movies make fun of MS.

With that said, Xbox seems to be cool in America and in gaming forums!

I think everyone should look at the broad picture!
fJedVWB.gif

I'm young again boys!

Imagine using so much energy crying over anything over a company you don't give a shit about or vice versa.

Fun fact, Microsoft and Xbox have already been longer in the gaming industry than Sega did as a console maker.

Oh well was funny while it lasted.
Aging Matt Damon GIF

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I'm going to be honest, I still think PS will be on a different level

Xbox will gain some customers but PS will gain even more customers
The situation would depend on who does less fuck up.
No company can gain alot of success, without the other company fucking up badly.

If both are very successful, it will promote customers to have both consoles.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The situation would depend on who does less fuck up.
No company can gain alot of success, without the other company fucking up badly.

If both are very successful, it will promote customers to have both consoles.
We're talking one company having a substantial lead over the other, that doesn't mean that both can't be successful

kingfey

Banned
We're talking one company having a substantial lead over the other, that doesn't mean that both can't be successful
That same company wasted 150m ps2 lead, to xbox 360, and managed to sell 87m ps3.

Anything can happen. Xbox one was projected to sell alot, because of x360. And look how that turned out.

Nothing can be certain. Market business is quick to change. What worked before, would not work in the future.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
That same company wasted 150m ps2 lead, to xbox 360, and managed to sell 87m ps3.

Anything can happen. Xbox one was projected to sell alot, because of x360. And look how that turned out.

Nothing can be certain. Market business is quick to change. What worked before, would not work in the future.
But we know the reasons why the PS3 was the lowest selling PlayStation console and PS5 isn't repeating any of them

PS3 was $599 at launch
PS3 launched 1 year after the Xbox 360
PS3 had the cell processor with its SPEs which were difficult to develop games for

PS5 will do over one hundred million units easily

Zeroing

Banned
I mean I know I make stupid jokes that would make Will Smith slap me non stop.
But you guys take this crap way too seriously...
Who cares? Let Sony, MS and Nintendo fight.

Can we all be friends ? please?
Golden Girls Reaction GIF

Top Bottom