• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass has 25 millions subscribers August 2023

Jigsaah

Gold Member
it’s been nearly 2 weeks since Game Pass subs could play Starfield (without paying to upgrade), so what are they waiting for exactly if that’s the case? 🤔
You're saying what is Microsoft waiting for? Fuck if I know. How'd they announce things like this in the past?

With this latest Xbox leak, they are probably deciding whether to jump out their office windows right about now.

Being realistic. I think one thing I would wait for is to see if those numbers hold for a certain amount of time. With subscriptions the biggest measure of success is retention. 2 weeks wouldn't be long enough in my opinion to warrant an announcement if folks end up cancelling after their month is up.

I think they need to let the dust settle still, see where they are at in a couple more weeks

Last edited:
lol they could have 100 million """subscribers"""

it doesn't matter if most of them used one of the many loopholes to stack a decade of gamepass for $1. i don't know of a single person who is paying the full month to month rate

Riky

$MSFT

Delusions shattered again.

With the Gold switch they will have 33 million just on console, it also shares the revenue per customer, unsuprising not $1.

"
Now Microsoft has delivered concrete data on Game Pass revenues. According to a newly published Xbox slide deck from the FTC v Microsoft federal case, Xbox Game Pass generated an average of $9.26 per subscription. We know that there were around ~25 million Xbox Game Pass subscribers as of January 2022, so Xbox Game Pass may have generated around $231.5 million in revenue for the month of April 2022."

"
As of April 2022, Microsoft had 11.7 million Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers. If these users are recognized as Game Pass subscribers, then Microsoft's latest XGP figures could jump by 10-11 million, pushing the total to around 36 million. That doesn't including the growth rates that could have happened at the result of Starfield's release."

40 million is on the cards.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Believe they reported significant GP growth last year due to PC. Outside of that, however, I would not be surprised if some gamer are selling their Xbox to game fully on PC like I did. That a zero sum game as far as subs are concerned.
Didn't one of the mails or documents state that there hasn't been growth for 9 months?

Could've been mistaken though. Not even sure which topic I've seen it pass by.

Topher

Gold Member
Didn't one of the mails or documents state that there hasn't been growth for 9 months?

Could've been mistaken though. Not even sure which topic I've seen it pass by.

Not sure. The report I saw was from October so that may be the case.

JackMcGunns

they shoudln't remove them it counts as gamepass too, but imo they changed to 25 to announce a jump to 30M this month

Or changed because it's not supposed to be announced that way. Of course you want to announce a jump, that would be the point of marketing this kind of stuff, nothing nefarious about that. Their last official number was something like 21.9 million for Xbox only, not including PC, which brings up the point, maybe the 30M included both?

Topher

Gold Member
Or changed because it's not supposed to be announced that way. Of course you want to announce a jump, that would be the point of marketing this kind of stuff, nothing nefarious about that. Their last official number was something like 21.9 million for Xbox only, not including PC, which brings up the point, maybe the 30M included both?

Pretty sure the last official announcement was 25 million for Game Pass overall.

GymWolf

7zq5q0.jpg

Top Bottom