• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | August 2014 | Hot Maddening Nights

Played a little bit of the new Trials DLC last night. I'm not sure what I was expecting since they stated what the content would be before release, but $5 a pack is a bit overpriced for 6 tracks, especially when some of them are FMX ones which I don't count.

malfcn

Well, they added some Ghosts stuff to the Xbox One sale.

And Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Rivals and Forza got permanent $49.99 price drops now.
Also, Sacred 3 and Ultra SF4 are out. SF4 was released digitally before, now in retail.

theDeeDubs

Well, they added some Ghosts stuff to the Xbox One sale.

And Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Rivals and Forza got permanent $49.99 price drops now.
Also, Sacred 3 and Ultra SF4 are out. SF4 was released digitally before, now in retail.

Assassin's Creed is showing up as $49.99 today too.

Madness

Quick question, I know the games with gold program works differently on Xbox One, meaning you can only play/use those games while you have Xbox Live Gold, but I don't have an Xbox One right now and still download those games for free for when I do get one. They show as purchased and say they'll automatically download once I turn on my xbox one. Let's say my gold runs out before I buy an Xbox One, will those games automatically cancel the download and since the past games like Spartan Assault are no longer free, will I have to pay for them? Or will they always show as purchased and I can redownload once I get gold again?

Sorry if that sounds confusing, any info appreciated.

statham

Quick question, I know the games with gold program works differently on Xbox One, meaning you can only play/use those games while you have Xbox Live Gold, but I don't have an Xbox One right now and still download those games for free for when I do get one. They show as purchased and say they'll automatically download once I turn on my xbox one. Let's say my gold runs out before I buy an Xbox One, will those games automatically cancel the download and since the past games like Spartan Assault are no longer free, will I have to pay for them? Or will they always show as purchased and I can redownload once I get gold again?

Sorry if that sounds confusing, any info appreciated.

once you purchase them, whenever you resubscribe to gold the games will appear. But you must go to the website and "purchase" the free games to tied them to your account .

Madness

once you purchase them, whenever you resubscribe to gold the games will appear. But you must go to the website and "purchase" the free games to tied them to your account .

Oh yeah, I've already done that and everytime I log in, it shows as purchased. I'm just saying if my subscription runs out before I buy a console and can download them, will I lose them. But you pretty much answered what I was asking. I wonder how they'll remove my ability to play the games if gold runs out even though I have them on my console etc.

Oh yeah, I've already done that and everytime I log in, it shows as purchased. I'm just saying if my subscription runs out before I buy a console and can download them, will I lose them. But you pretty much answered what I was asking. I wonder how they'll remove my ability to play the games if gold runs out even though I have them on my console etc.

A friend logged into my Xbox One at one point and while he was logged in, I noticed Ghosts in his recently played section, and it let me download it. (though he has the disc version) It got to 99% and stayed grayed out. When I would try to resume the installation, it would say to buy it or put the disc in. I'm assuming you'll hit the same message if you're trying to play something you've lost access to due to your Gold running out.

malfcn

It's been up for a few months now, and ya, it has a subscription fee of $9.99 a month

I thought so..has the date always said 8/12?
And my Astro mixamp randomly turns on. I normally notice it after a system update. But this morning it was on.

The Gold tile was poorly supported this week. All week it has only mentioned the Angry Birds sale.

coughlanio

I have an XB1 preordered (Sunset Overdrive bundle in October).

If I was to buy a Live membership now, would I be able to bank the current and future Games with Gold games without having access to an X1?

muzzymate

I have an XB1 preordered (Sunset Overdrive bundle in October).

If I was to buy a Live membership now, would I be able to bank the current and future Games with Gold games without having access to an X1?

Yup. They are added to your account as "playable with subscription".

malfcn

Crimson Dragon is not much fun for me. And whatever they did to integrate the Kinect didn't work. Even with the stick model on screen showing hands and arms above your head would barely work. It was strange.

theDeeDubs

Not sure if this was posted, but Trials Fusion (XB1) is showing up as $13.39 (33% off w/ Gold). No idea if this is an early DwG listing for the week or not.

ohlawd

I've been missing out.

No more loud Xbox One. I feel like crying tears of joy. Definitely gonna use the system more now.

... well, when I clear up my new games on other systems. I don't actually have any new 2014 X1 games until October with Sunset Overdrive ;_;

Wasp14

Even though I wasn't crazy about Ghosts I bought the season pass for $25. For 12 maps (plus four Annihilation ones) it seemed like a decent value.

Top Bottom