• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | August 2014 | Hot Maddening Nights

What are the chances of getting Minecraft still this month? I really wish I could of been playing it all summer on Xbox One with my friends that have Xbox.

Imo, they both kinda suck, although crimson dragon is better. But don't listen to me, I could barely make it through the tutorial in ssz.

Yeah, agreed. Neither of them are great games, but I at least had a decent time playing through Crimson Dragon. Couldn't make it through more than 2 SSZ missions though. That game is bad.

EBreda

I guess I should hook up my XB1 to DL Crimson Dragon. :
How's Strike Suit Zero?

I really enjoyed Crimson dragon and vigorously hated Strike Suit.
Both are very repetitive, but Strike' gimmick is transforming into a robot that doesn't move forward, which I found particularly terrible, while Crimson has a great art direction, much better music and classic Panzer Dragon gameplay.

Strikes missions are too long as well, while Crimson is better for short bursts.

malfcn

The Golf Club and Diablo III are now released.
Minecraft is still missing.

stn

Didn't want to make a thread for this so I figured I'd ask here. How is the LA Noire digital download only 7GB? The game is 3 discs or so, no? What am I missing here? Thanks.

Didn't want to make a thread for this so I figured I'd ask here. How is the LA Noire digital download only 7GB? The game is 3 discs or so, no? What am I missing here? Thanks.

Pretty sure you get a download prompt when you reach the end of 'disc 1'.

I don't have it digitally though, so I might be wrong.

malfcn

Googlefu:
The initial download after purchase contains both the Traffic and Patrol desks (6.67GB). The additional three desks are downloaded separately through the in-game marketplace – Arson desk (1.13GB), Vice desk (915MB) and Homicide desk (1.71GB). The L.A. Noire game and the additional desks will only be playable with the initial download installed. All three additional desks can be downloaded at any point from the in-game marketplace, allowing for easier hard drive space management.

stn

I read just now that all 3 discs for LA Noire cover roughly 19GB. So, what will happen if I download it digitally? Will I have to DL a further 12GB or so after disc 1? Many thanks!

EDIT: Thanks to the posters above. Still, seems weird. The info above this post makes it seem like the full game is around 12GB, when I've read that the 3 discs cover 19GB. Confusing.

Ade

I read just now that all 3 discs for LA Noire cover roughly 19GB. So, what will happen if I download it digitally? Will I have to DL a further 12GB or so after disc 1? Many thanks!

EDIT: Thanks to the posters above. Still, seems weird. The info above this post makes it seem like the full game is around 12GB, when I've read that the 3 discs cover 19GB. Confusing.

As always (on the 360) the DD version contains less languages than the retail version

stn

Ah, thanks. Those 7 extra gigs mean a lot to me since I have limited bandwith. Seems like a good deal at $7.49, may give it a go tonight. Thanks all!

malfcn

I wonder what the biggest game with DLC is going to be..

Destiny
Mass Effect?

Something is going to top 100GB..

malfcn

Good news Comcast Users! You're about the only cable customer who can't access MYV content on the app...yay for monopolies!

Seriously? Not that I use that app..
But having access to content gated off by retailers and now cable providers.

Do you have a cable plan? Most of the apps require that you have some tier plan that already allows access to the content.

Imo, they both kinda suck, although crimson dragon is better. But don't listen to me, I could barely make it through the tutorial in ssz.

Yeah, both sucked for me. I played two levels of CD and two of SSZ. SSZ is the better game for me but you have to really be a fan of the genre for it to have replay value. I really struggled with it.

Seriously? Not that I use that app..
But having access to content gated off by retailers and now cable providers.

Do you have a cable plan? Most of the apps require that you have some tier plan that already allows access to the content.

Yep, I have a plan with Comcast, but they feel the need to be one of the only cable providers not offering MTV access via the app. Pretty laughable.

My monopolies comment is simply because Comcast is the only provider in my area, so it's them or nothing, so they can do stuff like this and not have any real consequences.

malfcn

That's the problem with infrastructure intense business. The heavy burden of investment is a nice barrier to entry.

Trademark for "Forza Hub" was just approved by the US trademark office.

So, seems like the Halo Channel that was announced at Gamescom

Link
Entertainment services, namely, providing interactive, multiplayer game services for video games, namely, charting progress and accomplishments of users in a series of video games; providing information about video games; providing a web site featuring information in the field of video games; providing a web-based online portal in the field of video games.

malfcn

I want a Gears of War hub..
Makes sense for Halo and Forza though.

For those that have been doing the Xbox Rewards..did it surveys end? I have not seen one the whole month.

Trademark for "Forza Hub" was just approved by the US trademark office.

So, seems like the Halo Channel that was announced at Gamescom

Link

So def. Halo Channel looked exquisite. Very hyped about one for Forza. Even just the tourney intros in FM5 have been very edifying. I'd love an interactive hub of car content like that.

malfcn

Fibbage can be fun. You can play with people online via a room code. Joined the community stream with my phone.

malfcn

There is now a "Coming Soon" section to the Xbox one marketplace.

They had this on the Web site for awhile, nice to see on the console. But it is missing alot of titles. It needs to be utilized better. I can see it as a good digital order portal though.

malfcn

Just noticed a couple random Gold Deals. Random, or a leak for tomorrow?

Xbox 360
$43.19 | Watch Dogs
$11.99 | Skyrim

Flandy

Originally posted this in a different thread because I forgot we had an Xbox thread.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away some junk I don't need. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865991.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Flandy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Feel free to give it away to people off site. I don't care

EfagyaM.png
Call of Duty: Ghosts 360 Free Fall Multiplayer Map -- MB-F71C9F2854957E5B
EfagyaM.png
7 Day Xbox Live Gold Trial -- MB-64FCBF96A86A5692 - Taken by Pyroclastic. 1 entrants total.

t1408950452z1.png

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Not sure where to post this but thought I'd ask since its Xbox Live related.

I'm in Spain at the moment so I was wary about buying certain games due to the languages only offering Spanish and no English. One of these is Destiny so I had decided to buy if digitally.

Yesterday my PAL version of FIFA 14 kept playing up, it said install the game even though it was so I decided to uninstall it and start fresh. At this time I was connected to the US marketplace even though I'm from the UK because I buy DLC since it's cheaper.

As we all know even with disc copies when it comes to installing it just downloads from Xbox Live instead of pulling the content from the disc unless offline. Well after FIFA 14 finished downloading/installing I started it only to notice I was actually playing the NTSC version with ESPN presentation rather than the PAL version which I have on disc.

So is this a thing that it doesn't matter what region disc you have it will download the version to the region you have enabled on the Xbox One settings? Would I be safe to buy the Spanish copy of Destiny then let it install online through the UK or US region and it would be in English rather than Spanish?

I want to test it out again but the internet here is 6mb download so installing some of these games is hours long throughout the night but I just wondered if anyone else noticed this.

Hammer24

Banned
So is this a thing that it doesn't matter what region disc you have it will download the version to the region you have enabled on the Xbox One settings? Would I be safe to buy the Spanish copy of Destiny then let it install online through the UK or US region and it would be in English rather than Spanish?

I buy all my games from the US marketplace. Ingame language for me is dependent on the region setting of the console. If I leave it on US , its English; when I change to Germany, its in German.
My guess is, that due to the sometimes bloated install sizes, it always installs several language files.

malfcn

Time for speculation and suggestions.

Speculations:
Games for Gold

Suggestions:
Thread title and tiles. (Other than the obvious main release..)

malfcn

New game out today..$9.99

Stick it To The Man
Size:1.78 GB
Release date: 8/28/2014
Developer:Zoink! Games
Publisher:Ripstone
Genre:Action & Adventure, Platformer, Puzzle & Trivia

On an ordinary day, hard hat tester; Ray has a bizarre accident and wakes up with a giant pink spaghetti arm sticking out of his brain, giving him extraordinary mind-reading powers. Ray can suddenly change the world with stickers, transforming his paper universe by tearing it, folding it and using the crazy stickers he finds (along with his awesome new powers) to solve mind-boggling puzzles! Sadly, Ray doesn't have much time to get to grips with his new-fangled psychic abilities. Instead, he’s on the run from ‘The Man’ for a crime he didn’t commit. Can you help Ray out of this sticky situation? Get ready to tear it, rip it and Stick it to the Man!

Top Bottom