• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

Montresor

Really tempted by Overcooked – I have 10 and 8 year old sisters, do you guys think they'd be able to pick it up fairly quickly? In the videos I've watched it looks like an *easy to pick up, difficult to master* type situation which would be ideal.

For me Overcooked is one of the best games of the year. But I played it 2-player co-op with my adult brother. I have no idea how an 8- or 10-year-old would take it. The game is incredibly cute and fun either way.

Really tempted by Overcooked – I have 10 and 8 year old sisters, do you guys think they'd be able to pick it up fairly quickly? In the videos I've watched it looks like an *easy to pick up, difficult to master* type situation which would be ideal.

They should be able to pick it up. Execution in the game is pretty much the control stick and two buttons for picking stuff up and actions, and a third button if you want to dash.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ori definitive edition (reg version is free with it)
Recore
Skyrim
The evil within
Titanfall 2
Divinity original sin
Brothers
King quest
DmC definitive edition

That's my haul for now. All digital

Kings quest is on sale!?

I really wish I saved some money for this sale - some stuff I don't mind passing on but I really wanted the Rise of the Tomb Raider season pass for 360 since my completed save is on that and not my One. Hope it goes on sale again next month.

Xbudz

This sale was good for me.

Got Battlefield 1 for free (MS refunded Titanfall 2 Deluxe so that I could buy the cheaper bundle including both TF2 and BF1)

Saved money on the sexy Dusk Shadow controller.

Got Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate on sale.

Got Dark Souls III on sale.

Also got NBA Jam and Doom 2.

Outrun

MS brought it this Black Friday.

They weren't fucking around.

I got the two latest Wolfenstein games.

Debating the BF1/TF2 combo....

Klocker

Titanfall 2
Battlefield 1
Far harbor expansion
Batman Arkham knight full package

Plus 3 months live for free with my rewards

Not bad

Canadian

This sale was good for me.

Got Battlefield 1 for free (MS refunded Titanfall 2 Deluxe so that I could buy the cheaper bundle including both TF2 and BF1)

Saved money on the sexy Dusk Shadow controller.

Got Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate on sale.

Also got NBA Jam and Doom 2.

How did you get a refund? I asked support twice and got told they wouldnt do that

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
MS brought it this Black Friday.

They weren't fucking around.

I got the two latest Wolfenstein games.

Debating the BF1/TF2 combo....

BF1 and TF2 combo is very much worth it. Fantastic games, both of them.

Sizzle55

Final haul (Still hovering over Hitman Season 1)
NBA Jam
Doom 1 & 2
Trials HD
Xcom2
COD Infinite Legacy
Tomb Raider Season Pass

Fox Mulder

It's functional. The single player or campaign works great. The multiplayer is where the issues are, it's more of an annoyance of a fractured player base to me than technical problems at this point.

My enthusiasm for halo has really died with how scummy the MCC launched and halo 4 being lame, but I'll grab it for $5.57.

NullMoon

Neo Member
Looking at The Evil Within Season Pass and Rise of the Tomb Raider Season pass. Are they worth it? Anyone care to share their opinions on them?

Got pretty much everything I wanted out of this sale, still have $50 left so it's either Gears of War 4 or Star Wars Battlefront. It's been two days I was going back and forth and still can't decide which one. Little push to one or the other side would be appreciated lol

JeffG

Got pretty much everything I wanted out of this sale, still have $50 left so it's either Gears of War 4 or Star Wars Battlefront. It's been two days I was going back and forth and still can't decide which one. Little push to one or the other side would be appreciated lol

Battlefront will be in the vault for EA Access in December.

Theorry

GOW has more content really. But depends if you like GOW MP?
Battlefront MP is abit easier and more casual. Battlefront is next month also in the vault.

Recreat3

Oh damnnn.. just saw that season pass price for rise of the tomb raider. I have been waiting for a sale on this for ages. Bought.

Xcom 2
Deus Ex with the season pass
RotTR season pass
Divinity
Doom
The Evil Within
Inside
I'm covered for quite some time. Trying to buy up all that I'll want to play until next Black Friday since the only surefire 2017 purchases I'm going to make are Mass Effect and Scalebound. Possibly Halo Wars 2.

Picked up Unravel with the free $10 MS handed out for the whole Fallout 4 error thing. I guess I have to steal my nephews Xbone for a weekend :p

Have just a little bit of credit left, what should I get?
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Wolfenstein The Old Blood
Wolfenstein: The New Order
South Park: The Stick Of Truth

Alienfan

Assuming you've never played any of those games, it really comes town to New Order vs Tomb Raider. I'd personally go with Tomb Raider. One of the better remasters and if it's your first time playing it, you'll have an absolute blast! Can't go wrong with Wolfenstein either though (seriously, buy both if you can)

Electret

Wolfenstein TNO is, IMHO, one of the best FPS games of the last decade. As a shooter it's super solid, but is unexpectedly brilliant as a meaty, compelling story-driven campaign with extremely well-written and performed characters. You should not deny yourself the opportunity to play this game.

Chris1

I would say tomb raider. Awesome game. Plus it's already been GwG so it won't go GwG again.

nelo_inc

Anyone knows why Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition isn't on sale anymore?

I was planning on buying it, but now it's $39.99 again.

trixx

just played an hour an a half of ori... holy shit. This is probably the best paltfformers I've played this gen. wow

trixx

EA announced it a while back.

Agreed.If it were not for FH3, you could argue it is the best X1 exclusive.

Game is quality, up there with platformers on wii u arguably better. Microsoft needs to make it a franchise. Haven't finished it yet so don't know if sequel is in question.

I highly recommend this game if you enjoy platformers and metroid designed games, thanks for suggestions by the way

Top Bottom