• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

playing the Alice Madness 360 game for the first time, why didnt yall tell me it was this good?

wonder if i should play the original Xbox version first though?

Don't forget to go to the manage game tab, you get the first Alice game absolutely free. Not sure if that option is available if you bought it digitally though.. but worth a check!

Also yeah the game is quite enjoyable.

Don't forget to go to the manage game tab, you get the first Alice game absolutely free. Not sure if that option is available if you bought it digitally though.. but worth a check!

Also yeah the game is quite enjoyable.

For me the first game showed up as an option within Madness Returns.

Zeta Oni

So, inspired by a post I did in the previous OT, id like to share a small collection of pictures captured using Xbox One BC (and encourage others to do the same):

c4LGrNc.png

l2aKjkE.png

WFS50j5.png

W8FzU8L.png

qEfx7Kv.png

Ky8IZmo.png

Jg8J34L.png

kzwShvF.png

PNq3SnJ.png

B8yq1Vb.png

qE0MMAE.png

3PZTI2e.png

Zeta Oni

Great screenshots Zeta!

Thanks, that Halo (Reach?) picture is very good.

Where is Blue Dragon in that list

Up next, still have 2 discs of LO to get through lol. I take these shots as I'm going through my backlog.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

I'll contribute:

lol @ Jacky's face.

And because I love it so much, gonna share my favorite screenshot I've taken while playing BC titles again, from the opening minutes of Beyond Good & Evil HD:

Reminded me immediately of Ripley and the Xenomorph from the Alien series.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

I'll contribute:

Brain Thought: you and I need to fly to Japan and storm SEGA's HQ and hold them hostage to make them port VF5FS to Steam

And use better audio assets, not the awful ones in the port that are compressed to hell. And not FXAA as the default AA

Here's my list of 360 games that aren't backwards compatible.

Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Battle Fantasia
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Brütal Legend
Darkstalkers Resurrection
Dead Rising
Doritos: Dash of Destruction
Enchanted Arms
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIII
Gotham City Impostors
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Legend of Korra
Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Mortal Kombat vs D.C. Universe
Nier
Resonance of Fate
Samurai Shodown Sen
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Soulcalibur IV
Soulcalibur V
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Super Time Force
Tales of Vesperia
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Worms

The bold ones on the list are the ones I would play if they had BC, but instead am leaving alone because my 360 sounds like it's having a heart attack whenever I play a game on it. This list also excludes Xbox Indies I have like Protect Me Knight and Cthulhu Saves the World, since they'll never be compatible anyway, which is a shame.

A good half of the other games I own are backwards compatible though. That's nothing to sneeze at.

EDIT: oh, turns out I was looking at the first page, where everyone was talking about their collections, and now I'm talking over actual recent news. My bad.

Just so you know Bionic Commando is BC.Unless Game Pass is separate from the store.

So I goto game hub for Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero and don't find an achievements list. Do these not have achievements?

Just so you know Bionic Commando is BC.Unless Game Pass is separate from the store.

So I goto game hub for Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero and don't find an achievements list. Do these not have achievements?

Bionic commando: rearmed 2 is BC but Rearmed 1 is not. Which I hope will be BC one day because I own both.

Really happy if the Tomb Raider games are going to be appearing. Legend and Anniversary were great modern takes on the series and really impressive PS2 games.

Legend is one of the only 360 games I'm aware of that actually runs better if you set your console to 480p instead of 720p.

Underworld is fantastic but a little unpolished as it was seemingly rushed put for a holiday release. I love the large scale puzzles and look forward to going through it again.

gossi

There's 354 backwards compatible titles now. They should hit 400 by the time Xbox One X rolls out.

An amazing effort from MS by the way. With Original Xbox too they're going to take many hundreds of games to a whole new generation of players.

RPGam3r

There's 354 backwards compatible titles now. They should hit 400 by the time Xbox One X rolls out.

An amazing effort from MS by the way. With Original Xbox too they're going to take many hundreds of games to a whole new generation of players.

It really is impressive, and other than Halo it is one of the main reasons I'm getting an Xbox One X (sold my Xbox One back in the day when Scorpio was announced).

Lettuce

Really happy if the Tomb Raider games are going to be appearing. Legend and Anniversary were great modern takes on the series and really impressive PS2 games.

Legend is one of the only 360 games I'm aware of that actually runs better if you set your console to 480p instead of 720p.

Underworld is fantastic but a little unpolished as it was seemingly rushed put for a holiday release. I love the large scale puzzles and look forward to going through it again.

I played Legend on the 360 back in the day, that ends on a cliff hanger for the step up of Underworld right?

ganaconda

Not sure what list you're using, but 354 is way under the current number. They are over 400 already. In fact, Bill Stillwell, the head of the BC team, posted a tweet celebrating the milestone.

I played Legend on the 360 back in the day, that ends on a cliff hanger for the step up of Underworld right?

Yeah, though technically speaking, Anniversary is the second part because it sets up the appearance of a fairly major character in Underworld who wasn't even mentioned in Legend.

Thrussy on the XB1 subreddit posted this neat spreadsheet of back compat titles and the metacritic score.
This is pretty interesting. I just got my first Microsoft console, and I want to check out some of the big titles that I missed last gen - so this will actually come in handy.

Is there by any chance a similar list organized by genre? I wanted to play some horror games, but the only BC ones I've noticed so far are Downpour and Dead Space.

hlhbk

Burnout Revenge is coming soon? Since when? They have been teasing release of the GOAT Burnout game since E3 2016! I have given up hope!

EffEmmGee

Burnout Revenge is coming soon? Since when? They have been teasing release of the GOAT Burnout game since E3 2016! I have given up hope!

It's been rumoured for over a year, since it was listed as Xbox One compatible by Amazon pre-E3, and nothing ever came of it, but with the servers going offline on the 24th October this year, I'm not holding out much hope personally.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n29143/ea-announces-several-server-shutdowns-coming-in-october

EvB

Also, I saw Dust and Elysian Tale recently too

Looks like more Sega titles are coming, aw alpha protocol

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Mark of the Ninja is an excellent addition. Remember playing and completing it back when it was released for Xbox 360. Easily a 9/10 and far better than the majority of the 3D stealth based games. Might have to buy this a second time!!! :)

All I need now is Splinter Cell Conviction and Insurgency Ops DLC.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Mark of the Ninja is an excellent addition. Remember playing and completing it back when it was released for Xbox 360. Easily a 9/10 and far better than the majority of the 3D stealth based games. Might have to buy this a second time!!! :)

All I need now is Splinter Cell Blacklist.
Fixed that for you.

DasRaven

If MotNinja is really coming soon, that just leaves NG2 as Xbox exclusives I am still waiting for on XB1BC.

It would make a nice bonus gift for my Xbox 1X upgrade. Hint hint BC team!

Top Bottom