• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Xbox Series consoles have sold less in the same timeframe as XB1" Really?

dcmk7

Banned
The silly one is focusing on sales in small markets to make some larger point about failure of Xbox. MS success is not based on its sales in Luxembourg. When XSS and XSX don't sell in the US, the largest gaming market in the world, MS is in trouble. Of course you've never had a serious point about the Xbox so silly is all you know.
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Wow you managed a whole post without making a silly prediction for once. Well done.

I've never made a serious point.. eh? My points are, in the main, being sympathic to the many developers who openly complain about the Series S. Respond to their comments, not make stuff up like you do.

But you would rather ignore all the comments that don't fit your narrative.

It's all very transparent and very embarrassing.

DaGwaphics

Screenshot right now...
yFBBOfC.png

Yeah, I found it after I specifically selected Walmart as the retailer. Before that is was putting a bunch of scalped 1S systems up there first. Probably an anti-bot tactic.

I've got an order in. Hopefully it sticks. I had an order in launch week at Walmart and they canceled it a few days later, said that they had oversold the stock available in error. All I was left with was a $10 credit, didn't even get a chance to reserve one in the next batch. LOL

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I and many others refuse to pay the sum bag scalpers. Until marketplaces can stop the illegal bots stealing all the consoles as soon as they go online software sales will struggle. I get free markets but using bots is not a "free market." Those bots are illegal in other countries and talk of them doing it here too.

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
The silly one is focusing on sales in small markets to make some larger point about failure of Xbox. MS success is not based on its sales in Luxembourg. When XSS and XSX don't sell in the US, the largest gaming market in the world, MS is in trouble. Of course you've never had a serious point about the Xbox so silly is all you know.
Isnt Europe a bigger market than US? Or we not speaking about Europe because Xbox isn’t selling well there?

Last edited:

aries_71

Argos in the UK has Series S in stock. No Series X. No PS5.

Webhallen in Sweden has plenty of Series S, No Series X. No PS5.

Elgiganten in Sweden has Series S in every store available. Series X comes in May 4th and is orderable. PS5 cannot even be ordered because of the queue.

Walmart in the US. Series S delivered by April 28th if you order today. Series X out of stock. PS5 out of stock.

This is the pattern all over so not sure why you write what you write.

I’m talking about the Series X. It’s simply not available in Western Europe at standard pricing. I don’t even know why this is being discussed. Check the Spanish, Italian or French amazons.

Last edited:

bighugeguns

I can't see how the Series S isn't doing very well, it's really great value.

I'm from South Africa, but I've read somewhere it's also doing really well in India, which is a massive potential market in itself.

Last edited:
The worldwide install base split between PS4 and XB1 was roughly 2:1.

I predicted before launch that the split between PS5 and Xbox Series would be closer to 3:1. Whether that's from decline in demand for Xbox consoles because of cross releasing all games on PC, much smaller chip allocation from AMD, etc. Will be interested to see where they land by end of summer.

dcmk7

Banned
Yet Very has sold over 100 in the last 24 hours and is down to low stock. Let's see if it is available there by the weekend. I think the point is that they are selling out when they are available, so it's selling. Yes it's not as in demand as the ps5 or series x but they are selling all the stock within a couple of days. How is that not a success?

Except the Xbox site:

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/configure/942j774tp9jn

And some other stores like Very.

"Not a single one"?

Just had a quick look and it's still available on both stores. And also available now on Currys.

It looks like it's either become widely available or demand has subsided. I think it's more likely to be the latter though.

Hopefully the big brother consoles will become readily available for everyone.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Just had a quick look and it's still available on both stores. And also available now on Currys.

It looks like it's either become widely available or demand has subsided. I think it's more likely to be the latter though.

If you look at very website it was selling over 100 units within 24 hours. It's deffo shifting units. It's not like the units are sat there.

Isnt Europe a bigger market than US? Or we not speaking about Europe because Xbox isn’t selling well there?
What country in Europe is a larger market than the US? You have to accumulate multiple countries together to get ONE US. No one bundles the US with a bunch of other countries to make some sort of sales point. It's silly.
Screenshot right now...
yFBBOfC.png
Sold out. Again the Xbox as a brand is smaller than PlayStation but the XSX|S is selling just fine in the largest market in the world. The other interesting thing is how these sales arguments, which are the bread and butter of Sony/Nintendo, relate to a brand which does not solely rely on unit sales to be successful. Sony doesn't do much on the PC gaming front, Sony isn't interested in bringing a large catalog of games to the cloud for streaming. Sony will always win when it comes to purely unit sales thankfully MS doesn't need the highest number of units sold to be successful.

I purchased OG Xbox One w/Kinect on day one for $500 and purchased Xbox One X during Summer of 2018 for $500. Although I really want one, I have not yet purchased an Xbox Series X for the following reasons:
1) I am not willing to pay scalper prices
2) I am not willing to be on my PC all day waiting for restock links that are sold out immediately by bots
3) I am not willing to purchase bundles that come with extra controllers, peripherals, and games I'm not interested in

Until I can drive to my local BestBuy or GameStop and purchase one for cash without having a reservation, I won't be buying.

Outrunner

What country in Europe is a larger market than the US? You have to accumulate multiple countries together to get ONE US. No one bundles the US with a bunch of other countries to make some sort of sales point. It's silly.

That's just dumb. The several member states of the EU make one market. Just like the several states of the USA make one market. And yes, EU is a bigger market than the US.

dcmk7

Banned
Absurd.

Trust you to post this.

Zoro7

Banned

Sold out. Again the Xbox as a brand is smaller than PlayStation but the XSX|S is selling just fine in the largest market in the world. The other interesting thing is how these sales arguments, which are the bread and butter of Sony/Nintendo, relate to a brand which does not solely rely on unit sales to be successful. Sony doesn't do much on the PC gaming front, Sony isn't interested in bringing a large catalog of games to the cloud for streaming. Sony will always win when it comes to purely unit sales thankfully MS doesn't need the highest number of units sold to be successful.
Which is why I said Europe and not individual countries in Europe. Thanks for pointing out the obvious chief.

That's just dumb. The several member states of the EU make one market. Just like the several states of the USA make one market. And yes, EU is a bigger market than the US.
Bigger market in terms of what?
Gaming revenue? No
Console sales? No
GPD? No

Just more people.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

I personally believe that the box is easier and cheaper to manufacture for Microsoft, just like a 1660 super or rtx 3060 is for nvidias aib/aic partners so they can build more volume and also yes you are right that demand it is not in as high as the series x or ps5 so we see stock available and more frequent drops.

This doesn't mean that for certain people it is not a good option. I would never buy a 3060 or 1660 super gpu but millions of other people do.

Saying that, if I was building a small form factor pc to take out with me to friends for lan parties or travelling I would absolutely buy a 3060 for that pc...that's the reason why I plan to pick up a series s at some point.

Late post but just got to the weekend! Hope you're having a good one.

Old Empire.

S is not in competition with the PS5.

Series X and PS5 are selling at same price, with a better spec. This would be an issue if Series X was readily available and not selling, but every unit seems to go very quickly. The demand is high for both.

How many Series X can be easily bought in Europe right now? If its sold out then MS happy.

Old Empire.

I cant find Series X in stocks, as with PS5.

Until the semicon shortages clear, we can only sell as much as we can make.

Next thing to go out of stocks are screens and monitors.....better grab that cell phones, uwqhd lcd or hdtv fast!

Totally non-issue 🤷‍♀️

MS will look at the numbers, if Series X is selling at higher rates, they will ramp up production there. You make consoles based on the demand and preorders.

Old Empire.

The worldwide install base split between PS4 and XB1 was roughly 2:1.

I predicted before launch that the split between PS5 and Xbox Series would be closer to 3:1. Whether that's from decline in demand for Xbox consoles because of cross releasing all games on PC, much smaller chip allocation from AMD, etc. Will be interested to see where they land by end of summer.

Pretty sure there was some review on here from an Asian gaming analyst that said Sony shipped 6.5 million PS5 by March. Microsoft somewhere in the 4.5 to 4.8 million range for new Xboxs. Its impossible for MS to match that globally.

Plus Sony sells to 134 countries. MS has a tighter base of 40+ countries. MS to overtake Sony here there would need to be a colossal failure inside the company, that turned gamers off.

S is not in competition with the PS5.

Series X and PS5 are selling at same price, with a better spec. This would be an issue if Series X was readily available and not selling, but every unit seems to go very quickly. The demand is high for both.

How many Series X can be easily bought in Europe right now? If its sold out then MS happy.

MS will look at the numbers, if Series X is selling at higher rates, they will ramp up production there. You make consoles based on the demand and preorders.

When we talk about Xbox supply issues, it refers to both X and S. What, Series S should be out of equation because it is a weaker console and it is available mostly? Nope. MS launced both consoles against PS5, so it counts. If you want to exclude XSS, split between PS5 and XSX would be much bigger then

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

In a normal world maybe but we are far from normal.

I know you would like to think any tech company would just "ramp up production" on these boxes but that ain't happening any time soon.

Even Sony is asking manufacturers to ramp up production on ps5. You can ask all you want it doesn't mean its happening any time soon.

Old Empire.

Whelen we talk about Xbox supply issues, it refers to both X and S. What, Series S should be out of equation because it is a weaker console and it is available mostly? Nope. MS launced both consoles against PS5, so it counts
Do you honestly believe the S is up against the PS5. S is 4 teraflop console. The only competition here is PS5 and Series X there much closer to each other in terms of raw performance. Plus PS5 has a added advantage with 100 dollars less if you buy the PS5 no disk version.

And if we are honest neither company dropping big exclusives to switch gamers minds yet. There going to be lot more problems down the road here. Starfield could be next skyrim if all we know, that'll be massive thing for xbox, or could flop.

Old Empire.

In a normal world maybe but we are far from normal.

I know you would like to think any tech company would just "ramp up production" on these boxes but that ain't happening any time soon.

Even Sony is asking manufacturers to ramp up production on ps5. You can ask all you want it doesn't mean its happening any time soon.

There not going to keep making S if the demand lower for them,, that not wise. You make more of the console that gamers want, and Series X is very hard to come by.

Do you honestly believe the S is up against the PS5. S is 4 teraflop console. The only competition here is PS5 and Series X there much closer to each other in terms of raw performance. Plus PS5 has a added advantage with 100 dollars less if you buy the PS5 no disk version.

Yes, because MS launched BOTH consoles to eat PS marketshare. So, same applies to Switch then because it is weaker.
Good, then split is larger between PS5 and Xbox if you want to exclude XSS

And if we are honest neither company dropping big exclusives to switch gamers minds yet. There going to be lot more problems down the road here. Starfield could be next skyrim if all we know, that'll be massive thing for xbox, or could flop.

Let be honest, MS doesn't.

Pretty sure there was some review on here from an Asian gaming analyst that said Sony shipped 6.5 million PS5 by March. Microsoft somewhere in the 4.5 to 4.8 million range for new Xboxs. Its impossible for MS to match that globally.

Plus Sony sells to 134 countries. MS has a tighter base of 40+ countries. MS to overtake Sony here there would need to be a colossal failure inside the company, that turned gamers off.

You mean this :

That was more than a year ago. Sonys forecast is near 8 mil.

Last edited:
Top Bottom