• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S just got a price increase in Brazil

GHG

We tried to increase the price of Gold by 50% and the cost of consoles in Brazil by 50%, big whoopsies, we love the passion and we listen’ is there a single unpaid person on this planet who believes this?

His interviews are all merging into one. He says the same shit every time and it's all waffle. The only thing missing this time was "learning", but apart from that all the bingo words are there.

Based on the responses to that tweet though, I think the Brazilian Xbox gamers are finally starting to see through his shit. Just a shame that it's taken this for them to see things for what they are.

Last edited:
"Feedback" ✅
"Listen" ✅
"Passion" ✅
"Respect" ✅
I asked Chatgpt4 to write a better excuse:

Dear Brazilian Xbox Community,

As I visit your beautiful country and engage with so many of you, your feedback and enthusiasm for gaming deeply resonate with me. It's your passion that drives us at Xbox, and it's with great respect that I address a concern that has been voiced by many of you: the recent price increase of the Xbox Series S in Brazil.

I want to be transparent about the factors that led to this decision. The global economy has faced unprecedented challenges recently, including supply chain disruptions and inflation, which have significantly affected the cost of manufacturing and distributing our products. These challenges, coupled with the fluctuating currency exchange rates, have unfortunately necessitated a price adjustment in various markets, including Brazil.

I assure you, this decision was not made lightly. At Xbox, we listen to our community and take your concerns seriously. We are always exploring ways to bring the best value to our players globally, and Brazil is no exception. We are committed to finding solutions that respect the economic realities while maintaining the quality and accessibility of our products.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and want to thank you for your continued support and understanding. Your passion for Xbox and gaming is what motivates us every day, and we are dedicated to making gaming a joyful and inclusive experience for everyone.

Warm regards,

Phil Spencer
Head of Xbox

Top Bottom